Search results

1. T

AU-5900 Left Channel Low output

I have an au-5900 with very low level in the left channel. The issue is present on Any input Both speaker outputs Swaps to opposite channel when crossed manually with RCA cables after the preamp Switching stereo switch to mono eliminates the output issue I need help tracking down where the...
  2. T

AU-5900 Phono in (R)

Having an issue with the right phono input on my AU-5900. I was going to just replace some transistors on the input path if it was easy to get to and see if that did the trick, but...not quite as easy access as my 6060. Is this as scary as it looks to disassemble? The transistors I identified in...
  3. T

6060 no sound from right channel

Recently having an issue with my restore-as-I-go 6060. No sound from the right channel regardless of input source. This is consistent across speaker output a, b, and headphones. I have a consistent 15mv at L and R bias points and the speaker protection does click off and I get sound from the...
  4. T

6060 Phono EQ board repair

I’m trying to recreate the EQ/Phono board work done on Ed’s Sansui repair. I wonder if you folks could vet my parts list, and answer a few questions. I'll come back and clean this up if the formatting is fudged when I post. Here’s the list I made based off of Ed’s restoration page and a few AK...
  5. T

6060 running hot

It's been a long journey with this 6060, mostly centered around the 2647 Driver board. After replacing the 2SA726 Transistors and a recap of that board, I get clear sound on all inputs from both channels and the bias on both sides adjusts to in spec per the service manual. I'm not sure if the...
  6. T

AU-5900 parts search and general repair questions

Hello, I've found some great info here as usual, but was hoping for some specific help with my au-5900. Based on another thread, I was attempting to replace the 2SA798 transistor pairs on the F2596 board with some ksa992s I happened to have from working on my 6060. In the process I clipped a...
  7. T

Sansui 6060 Help crackle and static

Hello, Would anyone(s) be willing or able to assist me with repair on my beloved Sansui 6060? I am pretty good with a soldering iron, and used to repair Panasonic digital broadcast equipment for productions studios and TV stations. I'm a little rusty at troubleshooting and component...
Back
Top Bottom