Search results

1. thoraudio

The White Elephant. Barzilay console stereo.

Documentation in one of the drawers
  2. thoraudio

Gizzy, looks like ours are the same style, except mine is a 3 section +speakers.
  3. thoraudio

Okay, photos are working on my end, but that may be because they're in my cache. Let's try again.
  4. thoraudio

You guys know what a White Elephant gift is, right? Supposedly some Indian prince used to give white elephants as gifts because they were amazing, and a huge pain in the rear to care for. Good thrift store finds are rare these days, maybe a 1994 era av receiver, if you're lucky. Yesterday...
  5. thoraudio

Questions about R2R recording.

Cool. I've got a couple of weird/interesting tapes in the mix. 1 family tape of them just talking. I contacted the estate company and offered to digitize it if the family wanted it, but never heard back. Apparently this guy was an Air Force officer who spent a lot of time in Hawaii...
  6. thoraudio

Looking for 'vintage' a/v switcher, any suggestions?

Just hit me. I may start looking for some early 90s Pre-amp with video inputs. There are probably some stupid expensive THX certified name brands for pennies on the dollar.
  7. thoraudio

Looking for 'vintage' a/v switcher, any suggestions?

Integrating my retro video game consoles into my system. Currently I use a modern A/V receiver as my main unit. It does all the HDMI switching. I use an Adcom SLC 505 as a switcher for my analog stack (turntable, R2R, cassette, MD) and run a single L/R pair into the receiver. It only has...
  8. thoraudio

Questions about R2R recording.

A few months ago, I picked up a collection of about 40 R2R tapes, and I'm just now getting around to sorting and cataloging them. Most of them are recordings of records, a few radio broadcasts, and even a couple of 'turn the recorder on while we watch a movie on TV in the 60s' recordings...
  9. thoraudio

What would you put in this cabinet?

See if you can dig up a Grundig, Blaupunkt, or Telefunken on eBay. Those cabs are awesome, don't listen to the haters.
  10. thoraudio

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Those would go great with this. Pioneer SX 650, $10.
  11. thoraudio

Yes it is. I’m afraid the hdd has failed after that picture, though.
  12. thoraudio

Cambridge SoundWorks made good stuff back in the day. Non audio, but I was able to get this for $7. Compaq LTE Elite 4/75cx. $3300 new, back in 1990.
  13. thoraudio

Nightwisher's Systems In "Luxman's Room" And Beyond: Some New And Lots of Vintage

I also have a Sony STR-3800 with distortion in one channel. Opened the top to find aluminum foil on the fuse for that channel. Unfortunately, it's probably not going to get better with deoxit.
  14. thoraudio

Mother-load auction in Omaha, 9-9.

https://www.estatesales.net/NE/Omaha/68127/1984443 Looks like lots of good stuff.
  15. thoraudio

What is it? Mystery object.

If that's what it is, I wonder why it has a "REC" setting and what the trigger would be.
  16. thoraudio

And this marks the first time in history that Bing outsearched Google. Interesting.
  17. thoraudio

Obviously not hifi, but it's audio adjacent. Paraphase Corporation (Google shows nothing). Has 2 110 power plugs marked for lights, knobs for 'sensitivity' and duration. Hook ups for 'remote' 'battery' and 'speakers', and it includes what appears to be a monitor type speaker (not high...
  18. thoraudio

Anybody know anything about the Sony D-14?

Picked up a pair of Sony D-14's that need a little love. Maybe a lot of love. Have the boxes, manuals, cords, power supplies, the works. They look like they've rarely/never been used. One unit had the interior plastic cover delaminate. Should be able to fix it with some...
  19. thoraudio

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

Not big stuff, but some neat vintage finds.
  20. thoraudio

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

57 recorded reels for $40 at an estate auction.
  21. thoraudio

Pics of your listening space

Watching a little basketball.
  22. thoraudio

Another Audio Name Brand "Whored Out" To The Auto Industry

Clarion (car audio manufacturer) bought McIntosh in the early 90s. Mac made some really good car audio equipment for a while, although I believe their Subaru stuff was mostly just Clarion stuff with a McIntosh look.
  23. thoraudio

Another Audio Name Brand "Whored Out" To The Auto Industry

Nobody mentioned Subaru and McIntosh yet?
  24. thoraudio

Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

Onkyo TA R240 and Akai 4000d.
  25. thoraudio

What are you listening to on your reel to reel right now?

Some Jim Reeves, Bill Anderson and Charley Pride somebody recorded 40 or 50 years ago. I don’t mind country but I sure wish I could find something else around here.
Back
Top Bottom