Search results

1. DeezTipM8

Pioneer A-80 no sound

Title says it all, I don't know the condition of this amp as it has just been sitting in the basement for probably two decades.
  2. DeezTipM8

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

https://open.spotify.com/track/6FqP57Y5pvfic52KaQEhZj?si=LgrkjZyl
  3. DeezTipM8

Is there a way to fix a 'slow' moving cassette or no?

Alright, it is now tracking properly after doing a few FF and RWD cycles, but now I am having the issue where sometimes the left and right channel fades away, and then comes back much louder. Probably no fix to that.
  4. DeezTipM8

Is there a way to fix a 'slow' moving cassette or no?

Don't know how to describe it but, I am searching through my parent's cassette music library because why not, I have a box of it. Some of the cassettes in there have this issue where they would not play properly, because the spools are not moving properly. It feels like something is just stuck...
  5. DeezTipM8

Onkyo m-504, m-508, and m-509 repair/upgrade, conundrum/problem.

It really looked like it was going to fit , and it does to an extent. Won't be secure, I'm assuming it makes a connection (only have banana plugs because the binding posts on my speakers are too small for the speaker wire)
  6. DeezTipM8

Onkyo m-504, m-508, and m-509 repair/upgrade, conundrum/problem.

I have a M-508 and it looks like on the side of the binding post, it can take some banana plugs. I'll try it in about 15 minutes or so to let you know.
  7. DeezTipM8

Tuner that I can get for cheap!

Haha, that's what I'm trying not to get into! Glad I already have good speakers, a good turntable (but terrible cartridge, although I'm not going to be using it.. For now.), and a matching set of Onkyo P-308 and M-508 Don't really like headphones at the moment. I like being able to listen to my...
  8. DeezTipM8

Denon DP-59 needle replacement

I don't really have a lot of vinyls that I enjoy sadly, I might collect some in the future but it's expensive. Sadly, all the music I listen to is mostly electronic music, and that isn't really on vinyl, well the artists I listen to. Illenium had a limited run of Ashes on vinyl, but I didn't get...
  9. DeezTipM8

Denon DP-59 needle replacement

Even with a crappy cartridge I was pretty shocked in the sound quality with it (comparable to my ears with a Spotify copy of the same song, Off The Walls by Michael Jackson, excluding pops/crackles) Obviously it is worth the trouble for replacing the catridge on this turntable. It's not like...
  10. DeezTipM8

How Did You Find AK?

I was searching around for some tips, methods and is it even possible to replace the capacitors on my dying Onkyo M-508 amplifier. Long story, lets just say it's a pain in the ass to do, and I will probably just let it die, keep it around in case I can fix it later, but I will be buying a new...
  11. DeezTipM8

FiiO D3

When you get it, can you tell me how it goes? Preferably with your main desktop system as I will be buying one for my desktop, maybe, soon.. Still deciding weather or not I should buy one, it seems like a sidestep from onboard audio to me.
  12. DeezTipM8

I don't particularly want something outstanding or top of the line, something middle of the road is alright, I just want to get the best out there for my budget. Basically it comes down to going on eBay and checking which ones are under $30, comparing them with quality and range, then buying the...
  13. DeezTipM8

I just need something that is better than a old Sony radio from the 80s (mono!) I'm probably over exaggerating how weak it is, 45km at I believe an EPR of 40kw is what I'm trying to receive. It works well enough on my old radio that I can ignore the static, although it does fade in and out...
  14. DeezTipM8

Alright. It seems that there aren't a lot of good combinations of FM and shortwave. I'll drop the shortwave requirement. All I need is the best FM quality and reception (least static for very weak signals)
  15. DeezTipM8

Is Getting New Artists on Vinyl Worthwhile?

Depends. If you really like the music, and want to support the artist while gaining something, you can buy the vinyl. I'm debating myself if I should go and hunt down a Illenium - Ashes vinyl. Great album, all of it.
  16. DeezTipM8

Replacing Capacitors for Crossover

I have done that before and it's a pain in the ass to do. It's double pinned and it's soldered onto a copper baseplate. Someone here will do it for you but it costs about $450 + shipping and caps. When it does eventually break down I'll open it up and see if I can do it myself, and if not I'm...
  17. DeezTipM8

A literal Google search. I haven't spent time at all looking at it.. I don't know shit about caps also, don't think that helps. Pretty sure I factored in USD -> CAD also in that price.
  18. DeezTipM8

Using JBL 4412s. As far as I have heard from my dads stories, they've been abused.. Badly. But it still sounds great and I have no problems with it. Pretty sure JBL Pro audio equipment should use good, high quality caps that'll last for a long time. If anything I should be looking for...
  19. DeezTipM8

It's not required if dropping shortwave means that there will be much better FM reception/quality. I just like to listen in at night and see what's going on, listen to a few shows, maybe if I'm lucky I'll catch a radio show. My area isn't really broadcasted to as its a dense urban area but I...
  20. DeezTipM8

can somebody help me find a tuner that has what I require on it? It should be bought used for the cheapest price, I have about $30 CAD to spend on a tuner. it should be on eBay however.. I need this to have FM, AM is not required. Shortwave is also required, but if there's any good tuner that...
  21. DeezTipM8

Of course, if I'm replacing caps on anything worth my time to replace caps, I am going to buy the good stuff. Not the cheap $2.50/cap that may explode a few years down the line..
  22. DeezTipM8

I am just asking because I've never heard these speakers in their prime and have only heard them three decades after they've been used and bought. I think I've hit the limit to how good it can sound with my current DAC as all my music is digital right now.
  23. DeezTipM8

Anyone used the NEC p305e turntable ?

If anyone cares and stumbles upon this thread, I have this turntable aswell. It's in terrible shape but it works, the needle has been transplanted into my turntable as I don't have another one. I have found two more replacement needles and a replacement cartridge so that's nice if I need it in...
  24. DeezTipM8

Greater Than the Sum of it's Parts

Altec Lansing VS4121 Subwoofer (It is apart of a complete set, but you can control it so it acts like a powered subwoofer only) - $25 Panasonic SB-FS900, it is apart of a surround sound set but I have used the surround sound bars as the tweeters and the one center as the midranged - $20 A cheap...
Back
Top Bottom