Search results

1. postman56

Dynaco Pas 3 needs a new transformer Please help

Hello I finally got around to seeing why my Dynaco Pas 3 Tube pre-amp was not turning on, and it appears it's the PA11 transformer that has no voltage coming off the two lines that are soldered to the SDS Labs board on the underside. I did see 12 volts at the fuse on the SDS card. Any...
  2. postman56

Thorens TD 124 Slow to Turn on Strobe Lamp

Hello everyone, I've got a early Thorens TD 124 that is slow to kick in the strobe lamp and start the platter, once I turn the selector on. I have replaced the belt, switch and capacitor, and it improved it somewhat but is still taking 6 seconds to turn on the strobe lamp and start turning the...
  3. postman56

Yamaha YP-B4 starting at the wrong point.Any Help?

Could anyone shed any light on my Yamaha YP-B4 automatic turntable , that doesn't want to start at the proper point on the LP. The tonearm will drop a 1/2 inch in on the 33rpm LP and return to the resting place from the end of the LP to the resting arm, so that's good but also on occasion it...
  4. postman56

Needed Yamaha CA1020 Flip Switch

I'd greatly appreciate any help in repairing my Yamaha Ca-1020's power switch, which the flip switch has broken. Can these be repaired easily, and are they possibly still available somewhere? The function of the switch still works great, just the tab is broken? I've included a similar photo of...
  5. postman56

KT88 Glowing on my MC275 MK IV

I'd appreciate any insight as to why I'm seeing tubes go out on my MC275 MK IV with low hours. I was just thinking one ran it's course and I replaced it with a new KT88 and it immediately started to glow much brighter than the other three and seemed extremely warm. I quickly shut it down, and...
  6. postman56

Nakamichi 582 Door Not Opening

Picked up a deep storage Nak 582 and things seem to be moving ok on rev, fast forward and play, but the door opening is not functioning from the faceplate button. I do see the clear plastic top piece of the door is not holding , thus making the alignment an issue. Also When I removed the...
  7. postman56

Lost a tube in my MC275 MarkIV, and the replacement is very hot

I lost a tube in my McIntosh MC275 IV and thought nothing of it, figured it maybe ran it's course, but when I replaced it with another KT88 from Mac, it showed signs and felt it was getting much warmer and faster that the other three ,so I shut the amplifier down worried about loosing another...
  8. postman56

Marantz 2216 Tuner Spring fell off , help

I was trying to replace the Fm Tuner Meter bulb and the way they have it engineered, it tolds the left tuner wheel and when I removed it, the strings fell off and I've had a heck of a time trying to get this put back together, so I'd appreciate any help you can offer . I think I have the strings...
  9. postman56

Sansui 661 DC offset not moving

I'd appreciate any help in figuring out why the multi meter doesn't seem to be responding to me adjusting the trim pot on the Bias Current ,and both left and right doesn't seem to change anything? Manual say it should be 19+ 1mA, the meter is showing 32.? Any suggestions would be appreciated...
  10. postman56

80A Mono Block Tube recommendation?

I finally found a match to the one vintage Fisher 80A mono block I already owned, unfortunately the tubes test rather low, so I'd like to know if anyone has used any other tubes in these other than the original EL37's mentioned in the service manual? I see many using 6L6GC, ,these aren't cheap...
  11. postman56

nakamichi belts

My 680 does not go into play, can anyone tell me which belt I need to replace? The big fat belt seems to be running fine, the forward and reverse works fine, and the tape counter is working? What belt am I not seeing that controls the play? Also how do you get the whole transport out to fix it...
  12. postman56

Marantz Tuner string not connected Help!

I would appreciate some help here, my Marantz 2050B's tuner indicator bulb had gone out as well as the string behind it that moves the frequency pointer has come away from the sliding pointer. Are there two screws that hold the string to it, I found a couple at the bottom of the receiver? Also...
  13. postman56

Where to Buy Tannoy HP 385A Surrounds

Purchase new in Nov 8 1976, these Berkeley's need a fresh set of surrounds. Can someone please direct me to the best source for the proper surrounds and to repair them as well? Lockwood UK has the foam surrounds although somewhat reasonable in the UK, shipping, duty, exchange etc certainly...
  14. postman56

How to clean SC980 switch pots?

Can anyone recommend how to clean the monitor switches on this Pioneer SX980? I don't see anyway to get in there unfortunately for they have covers over them without removing the entire face, or at least it seems that way. Any help, suggestions or real world experience would be greatly...
  15. postman56

What model of Fairfax FSS are these speaker, Anyone Know?

I thought I'd pick up these Fairfax speakers with some other vintage items, and am not seeing any model on them. Size wise there 22" high by 14", and probably should be sitting sideways being bookshelf design. Built like small tanks, solid wood cabinets, no press board here! Any suggestions...
  16. postman56

Replacement or repair options for a Heathkit W5M Power Transformer?

I would appreciate any information on having a Heathkit W5M mono amplifier's power transformer repaired? I'm not a skilled tech, so any experience in this area would be much appreciated or recommendations .
  17. postman56

Nam 680 how to get at the belts?

I picked up a Nakamichi 680 and fast forward and reverse all work well, the main fatter belt appears to be spinning around well, but when I press play the heads/mechanism rises and 3 seconds returns down? Is there a belt I'm not seeing responsible for the take up reels when engaged? Looks like...
  18. postman56

Fisher 100x New RCA connector help needed

Electronics newbie here, the old RCA connector on my 100 mono blocks we're worn out and I thought I'd try and replace them on my own! My issue is I don't know where to connect the old lines to the new RCA connector. I've included photos of the factory connection and then one with the new RCA in...
  19. postman56

HK570i Tuner Gone MIA!!

Hi there, I was trying to clean the dreaded sub-harmonics switch on my HK570i, and had the faceplate off, but would appreciate any help in getting at those tiny switches again. In the meantime, after re-assembly, now the tuner doesn't work, not a peek out of it, I hope I didn't break the...
  20. postman56

Pioneer PL-L800 lefy and right movement

I picked up a really nice condition condition Pioneer PL-L800 and it was experiencing issues from sitting idle for a good time, the lift wasn't working, the lateral buttons don't move the tone arm, start stop button is finicky,repeat,etc. I was able to clean out the old gear grease and un-jam...
  21. postman56

Quad 405 Upgrade Sugestions Please

I picked up a Quad 405 that'll need servicing and I would appreciate if anyone can shed some light on what upgrades I should be looking at, and their experience, who they used, etc.? Serial Number 113124 Much Appreciated
  22. postman56

Rogers Export suggestions for amp?

I was fortunate enough to locate a pair of vintage Rogers Export Monitors and am really impressed with the sound stage these are presenting with a recapped Marantz 2275, but thought I'd see what others may suggest from experience to pair amp wise with these rare beauties? Side by side with my...
  23. postman56

Gale GS 401

I'd sure like to locate a pair of these, whether A, B or C editions, anyone with experience running these old classic's? Thanks
  24. postman56

Where to get a Accuphase Replacement 2 Prong Cable

Hello I tried reaching out to Accuphase headquarters in Japan to ask about locating a replacement power cord lost in moving for a E-202 with no response. I wonder if I’ll by a new unit :(( Would anyone have a recommendation to help me, I’d appreciate it. Ken
  25. postman56

How to get at the pots on a Pioneer SX1280 Please?

I had a quick look inside of my lovely Pioneer SX-1280 to see that the pots are enclosed in a housing so it doesn't appear like it's going to be a simple shot of Deoxit into them. Any help and suggestions would be appreciated, for I've got one that's acting up. Appreciated Ken
Back
Top Bottom