Search results

1. D

Technics SA-505 low volume AUX

So I went back and checked to make sure the laptop volume was turned up and it was, BUT the volume in Itunes is separate and was turned down. So thank you for the help, I'm a little embarrassed but at least it works now.
  2. D

Thanks for the response. The laptop volume was the first thing I checked.
  3. D

I've been using this receiver to listen to records for a couple of years. I recently hooked it up to my laptop through the AUX input and the volume is extremely low. I have to crank the volume to hear anything at all. The volume works fine with the FM and PHONO settings. Any ideas how to fix...
  4. D

Sony TA-N77ES

The best offer I've received so far is $750, and I think I 'm going to go with that. Not bad for something I've found on the street. I will focus on getting my Technics SA-505 sounding as good as I can. Thanks for all of the information, and help.
  5. D

Sony TA-N77ES

So after reading all of this I realize this is beyond me. My apartment is too small, and I can't afford to buy any new stereo equipment. I may regret it down the line, but I think it makes sense for me to just sell this.
  6. D

Sony TA-N77ES

Since I had already turned it on to see if anything happened when I first brought it home I figured it wouldn't hurt to try again. So when I turn it on it lights up green and red, when the red goes out it makes a not very loud clicking noise.
  7. D

Sony TA-N77ES

Is there anything I do to test it to see if it is working without buying a preamp? I plugged it in and turned it on and it lights up etc... but is there any kind of test I can perform?
  8. D

Sony TA-N77ES

Ok I will start looking for a preamp. It may take a while but I will keep updating. I live on the lower east side of Manhattan. Thanks for the help and information!
  9. D

Sony TA-N77ES

I also found MY CAT on the street about a year ago... I am actually in NYC, though I wish I was in the bay area. So can you explain to me the benefit of this TA-E77ES? Will it make things sounds better? Do I need to get different speakers to? I don't have a lot of money so I don't want to...
  10. D

Sony TA-N77ES

wu6fiend Thank you for the information. I am going to do some research as I don't even know what a preamp is. But for now I guess this is going into storage until I get all the right parts. Thanks for the help
  11. D

Sony TA-N77ES

I don't get it, are you implying that it is stolen? I'm not trying to sell it, I just want to know if I should swap it out with the other receiver. If so I guess I would need to buy a tuner? I listen to a lot of radio. Why is it so heavy?
  12. D

Sony TA-N77ES

I found a Sony TA-N77ES on the street today. It looked somebody just emptied out a bunch of stuff from someones apartment and this was on the street. It almost killed me carrying it home, it is really heavy. It seems way more complicated than the Technics SA-505 that I use now, what do you...
  13. D

Which receiver should I keep?

I have started listening to records again over the past couple of years and putting together a system of pieces that I find as I go. I currently have a Sony PS-LX2 Turntable, and a pair of Boston Acoustic A60 Speakers. I have three receivers to choose from: Technics SA-505, Pioneer SX-680, and...
Back
Top Bottom