Search results

1. J

McIntosh Xr-250 just purchased

Ahh, didn't know about the 2205, there is a 2002 local however I don't believe it has the output transformers. I was looking at the 7270 also based on Mr Russell's using it to test the xr-250 before production. I take it the 2205 was what replaced the 2002 with output transformers? Thanks for...
  2. J

McIntosh Xr-250 just purchased

Just purchased a pretty nice pair of McIntosh XR-250 speakers. Running them off a pair of diy Pass a5 monos. This is my first McIntosh adventure, looking for suggestions for a McIntosh amp to pair with them. The a5's are excellent sounding, but at 60 watts and 84 db I give them a workout. Any...
  3. J

Dynaco ST-70 with Triode USA driver board problem

Just finished the Triode ef86 board today on my st 70, wired for a 7308 phase splitter. Was suprised by the voltage chart also. I have way more voltage than the chart suggests. Waiting on the ef86 tubes to try it out.
  4. J

Legacy Signature III biamped with 4 Icepower 500a's

Wanted to share my weekend project. Built another Icepower stereo 500a amp with linear supply to vertical biamp my Legacy Signature III's I purchased a few weeks ago. Recapped the Legacys with Mundorf supremes and Clarity cap CSA's. Bluesound Node 2 directly to amp's. Audocap Theta on the inputs...
  5. J

Wiring Icepower 500a Linear power supply question

Thank you for the help on the 12v supply! Received my new supply last night and installed this morning with the smps common to agnd. Adjusted smps to 12v and i am up and running! Dead silent and I am impressed with the bass and authority these have with my Canton Le-109's. Think im going to find...
  6. J

I purchased the Mean Well RD-3513 from Mouser, arriving today. I realize its 13.5v but the max for the boards is 15v. Should be fine and i think i can turn it down a bit closer to 12v.
  7. J

Everything is mounted and wired except the smps 12v+ 12v- suppy. Guess the ony question I have eft is where to put the common on the smps? To the agnd?
  8. J

My supply is coming today for the +12 -12v. I have a dual supply 83v. Should i run both boards off the +83v? Or one board off each rail? I have two 15k caps run in series.
  9. J

Heres the specs on the smps, 99.9 percent sure its 12+ and 12-. _
  10. J

That makes sense, agrnd is the shield in the cable for the balanced input, I have it connected to the rca input ground along with the cold pin. Then it is grounded to the chassis through the power supply ground terminals. Only ground on the smps is to chassis, so should have a +-12v smps with...
  11. J

Tested it exactly as you have shown, has +12 on vcc to ground, -12 on vss to ground, and 24v vcc to vss. Now now 0v vcc to ground and 12v vss to ground. Ill gt out my other smps and check that one. Was wondering if the .5v on the vcc at the icepower board on pin 1 shorted the vcc on the smps...
  12. J

Checking my smps seems that i lost vcc 12v, still have vss-12v.
  13. J

No ground smps to icepower. smps ground to chassis. Have a icepower 50asx that i built a coupe of years ago and never connected the mute or standby. Have the vcc 12+ on pin 1 on low level connector and the vss -12 on pin 2.
  14. J

Alitov x00 Alitov s-60-12 12v-5a-t-us regulated +12 -12, picked p a couple on amazon.
  15. J

Yes , I have a switching supply +12v -12v. Where they connect to the board, checking the vcc and vss with the 12v supply unplugged and just the 83v connected to the board I have .5v and .1v respectively. When i plug the 12v supply lines in I have .9 on pin 1 and 11.8 on pin 2. Checked my...
  16. J

Here is a link to the manual. And a photo of my connections so far. Thought I read somewhere about diodes on the vcc and vss +-12v in another thread. Thank you for the help. https://www.parts-express.com/pedocs/manuals/326-100--icepower-500a-class-d-amp-module-1x500w-data-sheet.pdf
  17. J

Have 83v going into the iceamp power connector, 12v+- regulated from a smps for the low voltage on the 500a, using a rca in insstead of btl. Shunted the cold to agrnd. Have no sound at all. Does the standby wire need to be connected with these modules? Anyone?
  18. J

19. J

Nikko TRM-800 re-cap

Finishing a re-cap on a Nikko TRM-800. Have owned this piece for a coupe of years. Upgraded the main caps with 10k Nichicon Gold tunes, All gold tunes on the rest of the boards. New rectifier. Great sounding piece of gear. Sorry, ill get better at taking more photos! Waiting on a couple of caps...
  20. J

Sae Mark IIIA Rebuild

Thank you for the comments. I have quite a few projects over the years including a Luxman l-80v i restored a few years back. Also just finished a Sae A-205 that I am going to biamp with. Finishing a Nikko TRM-800 right now
  21. J

Sae Mark IIIA Rebuild

Thought id post up some pics of my $75 score.Unit worked, liked the sound so I decided to rebuild it. Went to a 12ga. power cord. Replaced all caps, went from 11800 to 16400 on main filter caps, chassis mounted metal case rectifiers, flipped transformers around for shorter cleaner wiring, all...
  22. Sae Mark IIIA Rebuild

Sae Mark IIIA Rebuild

23. J

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Allan Taylor "The Beat Hotel"
  24. J

CD Player recommendations??

I recently purchased an Onkyo 7030 because of all the hype, and the Wolfson dacs. Skipped on every cd I played and found out they are using AK4482VT budget dacs. Sent it back and searching for something new. Many retailers still advertising as having Wolfson chip. F.Y.I.
Back
Top Bottom