Search results

1. kitsap2

Tekton Owners Thread

I don't know exactly how long it took my Electrons to break in, but it was a substantial amount of time, a lot more than 50 hours. So long that I was really questioning my purchase of them, but not anymore. Feeding them with quality recordings, the Electrons are (insert ubiquitous adjective...
  2. kitsap2

Tekton Owners Thread

So, we just listened to, Manu Katche's self titled album in its entirety. Some very good, well recorded tracks there! Not a dud in the entire album. Yes, the first track is a great intro to Manu, as this was my first listening of the artist (that I know of...). "Loving You", really caught my...
  3. kitsap2

Tekton Owners Thread

Very nice write-up, Presto! It was really interesting reading your experiences with the Be tweeters. I have a pair of Electrons with a single Be driver in each. Your sentiments about the Be's parallel mine almost to a t. I've had the Electrons almost 2 years now, and only certain recordings...
  4. kitsap2

Tekton Owners Thread

This recording, Appaloosa Bones, by Gregory Alan Isakov, make my Tekton Electrons sound like a million bucks! I'm listening at about 80dB and the dynamics are incredible! Everything is so clear, crisp, clean and rich. I don't speak audiophile well, but I know what I like when I hear it. If...
  5. kitsap2

Tekton Owners Thread

Curious as to those of you in this forum who stream music, and what equipment do you use? I, myself (who else?), use a Bluesound Node. If you use a streaming device, what are your thoughts/likes on these pieces of equipment?
  6. kitsap2

Tekton Owners Thread

Yeah, I’m coming to the same conclusion. There comes a time when you just have to let go.
  7. kitsap2

Tekton Owners Thread

I am a bit more than a year and half into ownership of Tekton Electron speakers. For the most part, I enjoy listening to them. But, as I was warned, they reveal less than par recordings of music. There are times when what I stream sounds fantastic. But on a lot of occasions, I find I have to...
  8. kitsap2

Tekton Owners Thread

I forgot, believe it or not, that I have Magicsliders (the small square ones) on the bottoms of each "stud" of the Electrons in our living room. Our living room floor is natural hardwood, and when I need to move the Electrons, they move super easily.
  9. kitsap2

Tekton Owners Thread

Do you think you could get away with, Magicsliders, or similar, cheap alternatives? I've used them for years on heavy furniture(solid pine entertainment unit) which sits on pergo type flooring. A set of Magicsliders, and their competitors mostly all fall under $20. Just a thought.
  10. kitsap2

Tekton Owners Thread

And the Perfect Set 15, and the 2-10 Perfect Set, and the OB Sigma, and Lore! While I'm at it, how 'bout a trip down to ZuAudio and some listening samples there? There's something about the dark days of winter and the longing to listen to good tunes on nice equipment... Dreams don't hurt the...
  11. kitsap2

Tekton Owners Thread

Was it live, or was it Memorex? Glad you enjoyed your DI's from the grandstands!
  12. kitsap2

Class D Volume Control

Thanks for your input, krautmaster! Nice to know there are differences, and similarities and that you have experienced a wide range of differences. I feel better now. Happy listening!
  13. kitsap2

Class D Volume Control

Why does adjusting the volume on a class D amp differ from a class AB amp(the only other amp I've owned)? Here's what I mean, as best as I can explain: Up until that last few years, I've always used an AB amp. When I wanted to kick up the volume, I'd turn the volume knob to about the 10...
  14. kitsap2

Tekton Owners Thread

Man, what a great fortune fell your way! Any tracks you’ve listened to that had you coming back for seconds?
  15. kitsap2

Tekton Owners Thread

I have the Tekton Electrons(8 in. woofers/transducers) and, when the recording/mastering is good, these speakers have excellent bass. I removed the subwoofer when I received these speakers, and have not really missed it. All depends on the recording. Very nice setup you have there. Enjoy the...
  16. kitsap2

Tekton Owners Thread

We saw, Snarky Puppy, in Bratislava a few years ago. First time I had heard of them and was really impressed with their performance! Bob, I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I listen to a streaming service called, Radio Paradise, and the husband and wife team that run RP, hand...
  17. kitsap2

Tekton Owners Thread

What a fantastic deal you landed! Enjoy breaking them in and hearing things in familiar tracks that you not have noticed before.
  18. kitsap2

Tekton Owners Thread

I've had a set of the Electrons since February and they sound pretty awesome to me. Like many have warned/cautioned in previous posts, if the mastering is done well, these speakers excel!
  19. kitsap2

Tekton Owners Thread

Boy, ain't that the truth! I'm sitting in my living room, listening to tunes on Radio Paradise, and one track is absolutely anemic while the next track to play is fantastic! Doesn't matter if it's HiRes or 16bit/44.1kHz, both can sound crappy, both can sound full and satisfying. "Lost In The...
  20. kitsap2

New pre-amp and amp

Can't say enough accolades about the Bluesound Powernode! It does only have the one, 3.5mm Analog/Optical input, but maybe that's all one needs. I, myself, have had it with chasing multiple devices and things for 2 channel listening. Solid state and energy efficiency are fantastic these days...
  21. kitsap2

New pre-amp and amp

Since you already have the GaN 400, what would you do with two GaN amps? Just curious here. I have the Nova150, which has been a fantastic integrated amp for my personal needs/desires. At another location, we have a Bluesound Powernode (80wpc model), connected to a pair of small floor...
  22. kitsap2

New pre-amp and amp

I received an offer from Peachtree via email. They do not yet advertise it in their products listing, but if you use their search field, and enter, GaN 1, you’ll see it.
  23. kitsap2

New pre-amp and amp

Great to hear your positive remarks on the Peachtree GaN 400! I have pre-purchased their upcoming, GaN 1 amp. It is a pared down GaN FET amp at 200wpc, with only one, coaxial input. I'm really looking forward to a June delivery and "beta testing" for next few weeks/months. Enjoy your GaN 400!
  24. kitsap2

Tekton Owners Thread

Just like food, sometimes I add some ghost pepper for a little more oomph, and sometimes I add a little sour cream to take the edge off.
  25. kitsap2

Tekton Owners Thread

Tekton Electrons - A Report I've been breaking in my Tekton Electrons for about 5 weeks now. The Electrons are my first tower speakers. I have been enjoying listening to them, and depending on what I listen to, the Electrons sound fantastic! And, like many have said about Tektons, and I am...
Back
Top Bottom