Search results

1. J

Any info on 80s John Boulton setup?

I have the system, excluding speakers and cabinetry. Hate to dump it and would ship to anyone interested who is willing to pick up the freight.
  2. J

Turntable recomendation

Great feedback from all. Much appreciated. I know it's a simple set and I'm glad to hear if all of the pieces are working well then there is no reason to change. It has served me well all of these years (need a new dust cover for the TT) and if I can get another ten years out of it , my grandson...
  3. J

Turntable recomendation

Thanks for getting back to me. Sound reproduction quality, but preferably matching up another Marantz turntable from the same period (early to mid 70's). Everything works fine, including the Garrard, just wondering if I could compliment/improve the sound of the receiver and speakers with a...
  4. J

Turntable recomendation

I have a Marantz 2015 receiver and a pair of Marantz Imperial 5 speakers (original style). I currenty have a Garrard Zero 100 C turntable but would it make sense to get a Marantz Turntable and if so, which model would compliment these two pieces?
  5. J

Silverplate face cleaning

I tested it both pressed in and out. I have my SX680 owners manual and looked up troubleshoot tips on line as well. Thanks for asking though
  6. J

J31088 - thank you for your directions. I did as you suggested however I could not remove the faceplate. Once I took the shell off, I could only find 4 screws (2 on the top and 2 under the base) but it seemed like there were others holding it. Anyway, i carefully cleaned the face with scrubbing...
  7. J

Thanks for the feedback. thanks. My only concern is how to take off the face plate and knobs. I'm a novice and dont want to screw it up. There appears to be dust behind the window in the tuner bar area. It appears I have some cleaning to do......
  8. J

Marantz Imperial 5 Speakers

Looking for an owners manual for my Imperial 5 speakers. They still sound great 40+ years down the road along with my 2230. I found a manual on line for what was said to be the Imoerial 5's but it is a completely different speaker than the ones I have. I'm not tech savvy and among other things...
  9. J

Marantz Imperial 5 Speakers

Looking for an owners manual for my old imperial 5's that still sound great with my 2230. I've found another manual but they are not the same imperial 5's I have. Stupid question (I'm just one who enjoys listening) but I need to understand when I would need to use the frequency level switch.
  10. J

What is the best method to safely clean and remove stains from silver face plates
Back
Top Bottom