Search results

1. kjello

Roland S/S/T 120

Look what the cat did now... I got this from the local CL, could not resist them at 100 dollars, ....... they will probably be a part of my garage system. P/A style Roland S/S/T 120 made in Japan, I belive mid 80's. 120Watts 8 ohm, Appears to be 15 inch woofers, although some state 18...
  2. kjello

Ugly square wave

Hey all I have a noob question Why isn't my square wave square, but looks like this ? I now run directly from the signal generator 700Hz, 3Volts 50% duty. Other wave forms looks great but not the square. Signal generator à la China
  3. kjello

Choosing metal film capacitor/Class-D problems

Hey I'm trying to fix a class-D 12V car amplifier and need some advice regarding choosing the right capacitor. I usually buy my stuff at Digikey (or Mouser) as they are fast shipping to Norway. Now the item I need is this- from what I have found, metal film 1,2 mF 250V capacitor But can't seem...
  4. kjello

Frequency analyzer question

Good morning A question for the guru's When I run a pink noise test signal signal direct from my phone/spotify into the line input of the frequency analyzer, would you not have expected a flat response? My graph seems all over the place, also each band 'jumping' a bit up and down (couple of dB)
  5. kjello

New VARIAC broken. Not so broken.

Sometimes you gamble. And win. Someone dropped this brand new variac on the floor. Its an Isolating Variac 0-260V up to 4.5 A 1,2 kVA The knob shaft was damaged. Pushed inside the cabinet. Knob still with us. Put in a bid at 250 dollars and a few days later its on my stairs. Opened it. No real...
  6. kjello

Laserdisc to new 4K TV. What du you use?

Laserdisc to new 4K TV. What du you use? What gives the best picture quality? Upscaler? My TV has HDMI input only. Sound I get via optical digital out DA converter, I dont have surround set up. Only two channel audio. Best regards KO
  7. kjello

What determines low impedance driving capability in an amplifier?

A noob question for you today Its pretty common knowledge if you bridge an stereo amplifier, you also cut in half the 'seen' resistance load of the amp (when in mono) Now it would seem like an idea to build a very powerful dual mono, stereo amplifier with the use of two smaller known good...
  8. kjello

AKAI love

Show us some of that silver faced Akai stuff. Feel free to post Akai pictures in this thread, love to see what you got. Here is my AM-2600 amp and a GX-4000D r2r
  9. kjello

Going passive

Im born curious, sometimes this can lead one into trouble, somtimes to the opposite whats the opposite of trouble anyway...? Long story made short. I bought an old passive preamplifier ....and I love it. Its better imo than my Rotel RC-995, which replaced my RC-972, which replaced a NAD...
  10. kjello

What music is distributed in all below formats LP MC CD DCC DAT MD LD RTR

33,3 LP vinyl record MC music cassette CD compact disc DCC digital compact cassette DAT digital audio tape MD mini disc LD laser disc RTR reel to reel tape edit: professionally or by label
  11. kjello

Dual CS 505-4 treble response

Hi all, I have some questions about lack of treble response from my Dual turntable. I think its made 1984. Many years ago a neighbour gave me a defect Dual CS 505-4 , it has been sitting in my attic for a decade or more until I decided to try make it sing again. The turntable was spinning, but...
  12. kjello

XLR vs Jack vs RCA adaptor or what

I have some questions for the guru's or others with experience or just gut feelings. I want to 'active' tri amp my speakers (3-way) I have 3 identical stereo power amps with XLR and RCA inputs. Amps XLR is fully balanced. My preamp has only RCA output. I have a 4 way active crossover with XLR...
  13. kjello

Magnepan 3.6

Ok So I'm about to close the deal on a pair of mint Magnepan 3.6, they come with a pair of Mye Stands. So I just drop by for any opinion against buying these, as my first pair of electrostats. Are the 3.7 much better? How is the Quad ESL? Any other brand/model I should concider under the 2000...
  14. kjello

Sony SRP-P26

Hi all Anyone with experience with these rare (pro?) amps for hifi/home use Sony SRP-P26 ca 1999 Found basic specs on hifi engine Any info aprecciated Thanks Best regards KO
  15. kjello

dbx vs H/K amplifier

These 2 blasts from the past showed up on my local cl What would you choose. Both looks 100%. H/K twice the dollar. dbx BX3 or Harman/Kardon Citation 16
  16. kjello

Reccomendation for SACD player

Throw in your reccomendation for a good SACD player, Most likely be buying second hand. Best regards KO
  17. kjello

Crossover component quality

I have a set of speakers close to 20 years old, built by a swedish company no longer alive. Drivers are a mix of JBL 2226H woofers, VIFA midrange and HF drivers. Crossovers look like this: Would you reccomend rebuilding these crossover by their age or component quality. Would it be worth the...
  18. kjello

Infinity Kappa 9 pros and cons

A set of Infinity Kappa 9's appeared on my local Cl along with two Adcom GFA 555's Asking price is 10.000 NOK which is around 1200 dollars for the lot. I've long been curious about these speakers, previously owned a set of Kappa 7's which I Replaced with Mirage OM-8 and later Klipsch RF-83, both...
  19. kjello

JBL S412P monday mood

New kid in town Just brought home these heavy dudes. I dont think they are very pretty. Plastic is plastic... When these showed up at the local CL as a give away I moved fast. I ended paying 100 dollars. The devorced woman said she had some people bidding. It was a 4 hour drive but as a...
  20. kjello

Digital sound level question

So I set the volume control in Spotify at 10 % And my DAC volume at 10% At 12 o clock volume on my preamp I have say 100 dB from my speakers. Option 2 Spotify level at 100% DAC level at 100% At 9 o clock volume on my preamp again say I have 100dB from speakers Should there be a difference in...
  21. kjello

Made a bastard JBL VIFA

So I decided to try "upgrade" my 1995 swedish made XL-Fidelity PG1200 which had rotten woofer surroundings. I'll keep the original 12" woofers for future diy projects (maybe, or they will just collect som more dust) Well. The speakers internal dimensions are 1000X400X300 mm, which should give...
  22. kjello

Frequency analyzer for iphone, useful at all ?

I downloaded 3 different audio frequency analyzers for my iphone and ran some pink noise through my system and placed my phone in the listening spot. Same level pink noise each test. The curves are quite different from each other, although the seem to agree my room to be a bit 'bass heavy' Are...
  23. kjello

Visit Norway

24. kjello

Infinity Kappa 100 crossover question

Hi all I was wondering if any of you could take the time to explain too a noob a bit around this crossover design from the Infinity Kappa 100 Picture is only the woofer part of the crossover, (bi-wiring posts) Now I understand the 2 woofers are coupled in parallel According to manual the...
  25. kjello

Speaker drivers in serial

If you connect say 2 or 3 drivers in serial , will the voicecoil of one driver alter the signal to the next driver like the coil in a lowpass filter ? Best regards KO
Back
Top Bottom