Search results

1. R

Tekton Owners Thread

I am enjoying my Double Impact speaker a lot. Does anyone own or have heard Tekton Subwoofers? I am thinking of adding a subwoofer, but am not sure if I should look at SVS or Tekton.
  2. R

Tekton Owners Thread

I have an Onkyo C7030 CD player I have had for less then 6 months, replaced it with a PS audio PWT. I will sell it if you want to buy a used one. Lightly used with original box and all the accessories. It has to be shipped from Alaska though. Rick
  3. R

Brick Wall Surge Protectors

I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I am wondering if anyone has bought one of the products from Brick Wall lately? The reason I am asking is I had bought a surge protector from this company and was promised a refund for a portion of the shipping cost. I have not...
  4. R

New $1200 range stereo power amp choices.

Look into Odyssey Audio amps, they are great amps. Call Klaus at the phone number on his website, he is a great guy and will help you out with an amp you need at a very reasonable price.
  5. R

Oppo BDP-105 or Schiit Audio Modi 2 Multibit? DAC comparisons.

Cube-tube, What did you not like about he Schiit Bifrost? I am looking to buying a DAC, and looking at either the Schiit Bifrost, Gungnir or the Oppo Sonica DAC.
  6. R

Oppo Sonica DAC

Seminole54, Ok stupid question, this will show I am new to DAC's. This will be my first DAC and not sure what I'm doing yet. I have a Onkyo C-7030 CD Player and want to get a DAC player to improve sound quality by using the CD player as a transport only and using the DAC to convert the signal...
  7. R

Oppo Sonica DAC

has anyone heard this unit that can give an opinion on it? I am looking for a DAC, and was considering a Schiit Bifrost Multibit or Gungnir Multibit. I saw some reviews and articles on the new Oppo Sonica and I may change my mind from the Schiit to the Oppo. Thanks
  8. R

The IEEE lightening/Surge protection pdf. (A very good read IMHO/E)

You mentioned having a Panamax, are you happy with it? I was looking at the M5300PM model. I am looking at the Brick Wall Surge Protector as well.
  9. R

Surge Protector-should one be used and recommendation for one

Yes, I am listening to the person who manufactured my amp, Klaus at Odyssey Audio. He states to plug amp directly into wall. His reason for this is due to amp needing to draw enough current which a surge protector could reduce it at times. Not ignorance, just being smart enough to listen to...
  10. R

Well, I looked at the Panamax M5300PM seriously but decided to go with the Brick Wall. The Panamax really looked cool, but think the Brick Wall is what I need.
  11. R

Upgrade after Onkyo C7030 CD player - DAC

I was looking at the Schiit Bifrost multi, wonder if its worth the cost over the Modi multi?
  12. R

This is too easy! Thanks for the information. I am thinking the Schiit DAC will give me a better sound.
  13. R

This is very interesting, I also have an Onkyo C 7030 and was I wondering the same thing, using it as a transport only and adding a DAC. I looked through the 7030 owner's manual yesterday and could not find how to do this. Please keep me in the loop concerning this, I was looking at the Schiit...
  14. R

Any thoughts on the APC G5 Surge protector/ line conditioner?
  15. R

I just bought a new stereo system, separate amp, pre-amp and CD Player. I was advised to not plug the amp into a surge protector, but I am wondering if the other components should be? Any thoughts and which surge protector is a quality one? I hope this is the best place to post this. Thanks!
  16. R

Tekton Owners Thread

Dwwjr56 How do you like your Mogami speaker cables, do you think the processes they did to them made a difference?
  17. R

Tekton Owners Thread

Maybe an ignorant question, what is mass loading?
  18. R

Tekton Owners Thread

He said it will take around 8 weeks to build after I order it. I had a little issue at home, so it might have to put it on hold for a couple of months, but will purchase it for sure.
  19. R

Tekton Owners Thread

Yeah, I got my DI Grilles today!!!! They look nice, but I think they look better without grilles, but are necessary to protect the DI's from my pups.
  20. R

PrimaLuna Preamplifier

I looked into the Don Sachs preamp and actually talked to him yesterday. I am really impressed by his preamp and after talking to him, I have decided to buy his preamp for sure. It is all hand made with quality parts, really nice stuff.
  21. R

Tekton Owners Thread

MHzenith, I feel your pain. Knowing this was an issue prior to ordering the DI's, I specifically asked Eric if the grilles were available and would be shipped the same day as the speakers, he said yes to both. Maybe your right, they don't exist. Hmmmm
  22. R

Tekton Owners Thread

I am really enjoying my DI's, but can't seem to get the grilles I ordered with them. Eric said they were being shipped the same day as my speakers, just a different shipping method. That was 4 weeks ago and still no grilles. I called him and he seemed a little on edge when I asked him about the...
  23. R

PrimaLuna Preamplifier

4-2-7, I will do that, it wont be for awhile until I order it though. Rick
  24. R

PrimaLuna Preamplifier

Cohiba.joe, I have talked to a Kevin at Upscale Audio. I am planning on buying the Dialogue Premium Preamp in a couple of months. It looks to be a great preamp, price is more than I want to spend, but it looks like it is quality built.
  25. R

PrimaLuna Preamplifier

RGA, Are you familiar with Odessey Audio preamps and amplifiers? They make a tube preamp and solid state amps. Thanks
Back
Top Bottom