Search results

1. Ikura

Pioneer PL-400 Slows Every 9-11 Seconds

Hello, I have a PL-400 turntable that slows down enought to notice. It happens every 9-11 seconds, please fine between slow downs. When I watch the red lights in the front window the slow down occurs when they red dots move from right to left. I cleaned this window and used an air gun on...
  2. Ikura

What is this Pioneer setup worth?

Hi all, It includes the following: TX-608 SA-708 DT-400 CT-F750 PL-400 All pieces work fine. Nothing wrong with anything I have found except the second digit on the clock, the middle line sometimes flickers, in the picture below it’s the middle line on the number three which I could not get...
  3. Ikura

Scott 382-B FM Reception Issue

Hello all, I have a Scott 382 receiver that is having a FM reception issue. Aux plays iPad songs just fine, no issue, antenna hooked up to AM plays the one or two stations I can receive fine, normal volume, no issues. When I hook up an antenna to the FM screw on the back I get VERY little...
  4. Ikura

SCOTT 382-B Receiver and KLH Model Twenty-Three Speakers

Hi All, While perusing my new favorite spot, FB Market Place, I came across a TT for sale. In the description it said "also have receiver and speakers headed for dump if no one wants them". I checked into it and ended up being home a Scott 382-B Receiver and KLH Model Twenty-Three Speakers...
  5. Ikura

Recommend a receiver with high FM marks.

Hi all, I am looking for a receiver that will play mostly FM and a little AUX. What is a good FM reception receiver? Who would pick up further channels? 75.00 to 150.00? Also, if I hooked up a converter in the mini van (young twins don’t judge lol) would I be able to plug in a small...
  6. Ikura

Pioneer CT-F750 help needed

Hello, have a CT-F750 that does not work. All the lights and buttons function fine but the fw, rw, and play do not. I thought maybe the belts needed to be changed out so I opened it up. When I turned it on to see which belt(s) were slipping I noticed nothing was turning, not even a hum of...
  7. Ikura

Belt kit help

hi all, I am venturing into replacing belts on a few tape players I have, one boom box and a few tape decks to hook up to my vintage receivers. What’re do you guys buy your belt kits? I searched and found different packages from amazon with 30 or more belts with different sizes but was not...
  8. Ikura

Sansui 7070 found at dump

Dropped off extra XMas boxes at dump this morning and popped into the electronics bin for a peak and there it was laying on its side. Grabbed it ASAP and headed to the back of the van. That sucker is heavy. Have not tested it yet, had a Panasonic opened up today and promised my daughter I...
  9. Ikura

Panasonic RA-6100 Manual or lamp information

Hello, picked up a RA-6100 the other day in pretty nice shape. Pots crackle, will clean. No lights work. Looks like there is one fuse style lamp that sits in a medal housing that lights the dial face up. The fm light is also not working. I hunted online for a manual to get the lamp models...
  10. Ikura

KLH Model 911B Bookshelf Speaker Tweeter Replacements

Hello all, I have a pair of KLH 911B speakers I picked up from GW got $6.00. I want to use them on the bench for test speakers so we do not damage the nicer speakers. The tweeter for one of them is broken off the small plastic piece that screws on. I wanted to buy replacement tweeters from...
  11. Ikura

Today’s GW Find

Thought I would give it one more try this year since I was off today’s and could hit GW at opening on the way to Walmart. To my surprise all five Pioneer pieces were there on two shelves saying buy me. I googled them as best as I could on a phone knowing nothing about the models, got pretty...
  12. Ikura

Trash or Treasure? Pioneer SX-550

So we’ll droping leaves off at the dump I checked the electronics bin on the way out and find this Pioneer SX-550 sitting under a TV and a microwave. The front looks to be in good shape, the sides might be able to be cleaned but the back has me worried. I have never cleaned anything that looks...
  13. Ikura

The Fisher 201 Need Help, Right Channel

Hello all, I have a The Fisher 201 and I am to getting any sound out of the right channel for either the main or remote speakers. The left channel is fine for both main and remote. I am not able to check the headphones yet, I need the larger adapter for the phones port (I am working on that)...
  14. Ikura

Thoughts on TT

Hi All, I am looking to pickup a TT and wondered what you thought about these options, they are all local, budget is about 100.00. Realistic LAB-300 - $85.00 (https://nh.craigslist.org/ele/6391971907.html) Elac Miracord Turntable - 120.00 Or do I just pick up the Technics AT-LP60 as it would...
  15. Ikura

Bookshelf Speaker Advice

Hello all, I am looking for advice after searching the internet and not feeling confident in my choosing a pair of bookshelf speakers. I have a Kenwood KR4140 in the bedroom and have a pair of KLH 911B's I picked up and cleaned from GW. I am not a fan of the way they sound and was looking to...
  16. Ikura

Need help re-centering a offset dial needle.

Hello all, I picked up a Kenwood KR-4140 yesterday. When I fired it up I noticed the tuner needle was off meaning the furthest left it will go is 94 on the FM dial and it goes well past 108 on the right side of the dial. Is there a way to move the needle to the left to see-set it without...
  17. Ikura

Cassette deck help Kenwood KX-W791

Hi all, I took a cassette deck from someone at work who was tossing it because It did not work. It powers up fine but when I press any button I hear a click and nothing happens in either deck. I don’t mind opening it up as it was free. Based on my 50,000 foot high symptom does this sound like...
  18. Ikura

SX-424 know question

Are the knobs all the same SX- pioneer receivers? I have a 424 that needs one bass knob (the smaller knob) and I see knobs on EB that look like what I need but say they are for 434 or the 828. Thank you.
  19. Ikura

New turntable question

Hello all, I am beginning to look for a turnbadle for my receiver and had a few questions. Is new or vintage the way to go? Can I get in at under 200.00? I have seen much higher prices for turntables, can you hear the difference in pricing? What makes a more expensive turntable sound...
  20. Ikura

DeOxit Options

Hello all, can I use CRC QD 11 oz. Contact Cleaner and CRC 2-26 5 oz. Multi-Purpose Lubricant in place of the DeOxit red stuff, lube and gold? The CRC brand is at my local HD and seems a lot cheaper. Thank you for you help...
  21. Ikura

Thoughts on a Pioneer SX-424

Hello all, Looking for a Pioneer SX-424 for the bedroom, smaller foot print, not a lot of output needed. I was perusing the Bay for fully functioning units as I cant do more than clean and detox a unit. Prices seem to range from 70.00 to over 200.00. What is a good price for these units? I...
  22. Ikura

Late to the party, but I made it.

Hello All, I joined the site a little while back but never stopped in to say hello. Hello from New Hampshire. I just got back into LP's last year after a few trips to GW and the local record stop here in town. Stated with a record player with speakers in it, then to bigger PC speakers, then...
  23. Ikura

Beginner Receiver Purchase - So Many Things to Think About, your thoughts

Hello everyone, Sorry for the wall of text but here I sit feeling a little more lost now that I did some homework. I am looking to pickup 2 receivers (Basement and bedroom), one now and one later when i get more funds. Both will play LP's and FM Rock n Roll. I have read the articles for "best...
  24. Ikura

Newbie mistake...

hi all, I made a newbie mistake today, took the glass off a Lafayette 1500 cleaned it with mild running water, and while patting it dry noticed the letters and numbers stating to move, I just stopped and let it dry but the damage is done. Things are scattered. I would say 40% runes. I...
  25. Ikura

Speaker cleanup - Cerwin Vega VS-120 and Kenwood KL777s

Hello, I have two sets of speakers I would like to cleanup a bit but was looking for help so I do not ruin anything. I have a pair of Ceriwn Vega VS-120's and a pair of Kenwood KL777S's that have a few dings, scratches and a little fading and was wondering if I can look cleaner. I added a...
Back
Top Bottom