Search results

1. cavemanRTR

Sansui AU-217 Restoration

dedero, Sorry I did take pictures of the rewire, but the mounting disc tape things I got from Parts Coniexon when I bought the caps, there a option to buy them separately . Since I have never did anything like electronic repair before I was willing to try them, I think those tape rings saved me...
  2. cavemanRTR

It plays great on the 2nd system in the bedroom, but when I moved it to the other room with the TSM's the left channel wouldn't work. I put is back in the 2nd system and with works again so I must have a cold solder joint somewhere. I just set it on a cardboard box to hook to the TSM's. My...
  3. cavemanRTR

dedero thanks it works! Learned something new today! Here is the Mundorf cap on to of the OEM. The OEM's have blank pins to help hold it it place. On the Mundorf's I got extra double stick rings and used them top and bottom of the 3d printed spacers. (thought about using screws through the (2)...
  4. cavemanRTR

New binding posts
  5. cavemanRTR

Here is the machined part: Boards with new SilmicII's
  6. cavemanRTR

Looky what I got!

You like the Sony TA-F60 liquid cooled heat pipe and very low distortion 75 watts/channel. Just starting a re-cap of my TA-F60, and going to do the service bulletins on the resistors and diodes. Have ELNA SimicII for all polarized and Nichicon for non-polar. The 200 volt cap that feeds for pulse...
  7. cavemanRTR

Kind of new here, I just recapped my Sansui AU-217 and it was my first attempt. I bought all new ELNA SimicII for all of the polarized caps and Nichicon MUSE bipolar for the non-polarized ones. The power supply caps I replaced with 2-pin Mundorf M-LYTIC AG+ 10,000uf 63 volt caps. I made 3D...
  8. cavemanRTR

Nagaoka stylus upgrade

I just installed my first MP-110 in my Project Expression Classic w speed box. I have been using Denon DL-301 mkII and then a Denon DL-110. The MP-110 is a great sounding cartridge, slightly over my expectations. My problem is that this set-up with the MP-110 cartridge has a 60 cycle hum. I...
  9. cavemanRTR

My newly restored RtR HPR-12M speakers

Nice job on the restore! I have a pair of these I bought NEW in 1978, still have the packaging material. The M version were the original HPR-12, added was the 3" voice coils and the horn. The finish is hand rubbed oil, to restore use English Red oil and re-rub. They never need a lot of power to...
Back
Top Bottom