Search results

1. C

Remote for Onkyo A919

The RC-188A remote works with my 919. I realize I'm a bit late to the party but if you are still looking that could be info worth having. I have to say too, the A919, damn it's good!
  2. C

Has anyone listened to both the Alpha's AU-a907 MR and AU-a907 NRA?

I've owned both, I kept the NRA. I found the 907NRA to have the best female vocals of any of the 907s. A little less detail and more clean and clear in the mids and top end than the 907MR. The 907MR has more detail and more top end bite. I found it a bit hard and bright for my preferences...
  3. C

If you could only take three with you?

OK, so if I'm alone on this island then I'm just not going to go. I'll stay at home and hug my beloved Sansuis while the zombie hoard ate me alive, or the asteroid hit and obliterated a large chunk of planet Earth, or the bombs fell and turned my hometown into a radioactive wasteland, or...
  4. C

Sansui product history

I'm a little late but I believe a close up pic of the back of the Alpha 907 Extra was requested.
  5. C

Sansui Alpha XR or DR ?

A decision between a 907MR and a 907NRA could depend very much on your speakers and source. The MR sounds more detailed and resolving while the NRA sounds more polished and clean. If you have speakers that could be called bright or hard then the MR might be too much for them, if you have...
  6. C

Have you ever thought, "Man I wish my Sansui was heavier." Well...

That's disappointing, I signed up and filled out the expression of interest form for a set of granite side cheeks and the return email said that they could not sell to a foreign country. Bummer!
  7. C

B2301-L C2301 , B2302, C2302

I'm loving my C-2302/B-2302 combo. Very clean sound.
  8. C

What would be the 'best' Sansui amplifier for sound quality?

And what model of sibling did you have in mind Sir?
  9. C

Alpha 907 Limited

Yeah, I've been pretty slack haven't I? Soon mate, it'll happen soon.
  10. C

Alpha 907 Limited

That's my understanding as well, no spare mosfets, and no spare caps either (at least not the same caps). All Sansuis now are old enough that spares are a potential problem, no matter which model you are talking about. Remember, there can be no reward without risk.
  11. C

Alpha 907 Limited

One of the best looking amplifiers ever made IMHO. And it sounds almost as good as it looks.
  12. C

AU-alpha 907MR had to get one..

In my experience all the Alphas run cool. I've had the NRA up at about the temp you describe (with a room temp of about 20 degrees C) but only after driving a pair of 4 Ohm speakers (which bottom out at under 2 Ohms) at between 80 and 90db for more than half an hour. Normal temps at more...
  13. C

Sansui Alpha AU607 output’s

In my opinion, Hell Yes.
  14. C

Sansui Alpha AU607 output’s

Sansui's of that era don't have pre-outs, no matter the model number be it 607, 707 or 907 there are no pre-outs to be found. They do have tape loops and a processor loop which I assume could be used as line level outs but I've never tried to do anything with them so I can't be sure.
  15. C

High-Efficiency 'Series'-Sansui's Best speaker cables, ICs, connectors, & accessori

There's a pair of high efficiency speaker cables currently on HiFiDo. https://www.hifido.co.jp/19-22366-31117-00.html?KW=sansui&G=1&P1=&P2=&A=10&N=&Y=&CT=0&M=0&LNG=E&OD=0&O=0&L=50&SD1=0&SD2=0&SD3=0 Just in case anyone is interested.
  16. C

What would be the 'best' Sansui amplifier for sound quality?

Hey a shameless plug for my little 607MR. Thanks for that mate.
  17. C

Need help on FINAL tunning of AUD707X (AUD11II)

The back comes off completely. Mine wasn't glued but it did have a cork seal all the way around which caused the back to stay on even after all the bolts had been removed. I had to apply a bit of force to crack it away but it only took two hands, no prying or jimmying tools were required.
  18. C

The AU-Alpha 907MR has arrived!

How's the listening going Pete? I have to say I'm eager to hear your thoughts. I know what I think about those two amps and I'm just itching to find out if your opinion on the differences in the way they sound is similar to mine or not.
  19. C

Which Sansui gear has the "glue problem"

Did the glue get used all the way through to the Alpha series or did its use stop some time in the mid 80's?
  20. C

Need help on FINAL tunning of AUD707X (AUD11II)

Hey Pete. The 100i's are quite nice. They really present that polite Japanese sound very well. Nice broad mid-range that lets the vocals and softer instruments come through easily, capable of reasonably deep bass (not as deep as the size of the drivers would have you expecting) but they do...
  21. C

If only they'd start up again..

Did Aqua Labs ever manufacture any new components based on Sansui IP?
  22. C

Have you ever thought, "Man I wish my Sansui was heavier." Well...

I have never wished that.... until now. These look awesome! And I do have two Sansui Alphas without side panels, sounds like a match made in chiropractic heaven to me.
  23. C

Sansui Alpha

Not yet no. I forgot about them actually. I could still do some but I have to admit I'm not that keen on the idea. I'd also have to rope someone in to change cabling for me, which makes things a little more difficult. It's surprising how many people who aren't audiophiles aren't interested...
  24. C

Sansui Alpha

Yep, Pete knows me too well, the 907NRA is my favourite by far. But the difference between it and the other 907s isn't huge (although I would argue that in the area of hard sung female vocals it is definitely both noticeable and worthwhile). I think I'd pick the 907XR as my number two. And...
Back
Top Bottom