Search results

1. D

Went to the local weed shop & was blown away by the choices!

$35-40.00 for 1/8 is about the going price here as well. And we can legally grow two plants per household. As far as the "cash only" policy, that's only because of laws that have needed to be changed for a long time now.
  2. D

Post office Misconduct question relating to audio

We don't have many problems with the post office here in Montana. They do a good job, are courteous, and are fairly efficient. Our mailboxes aren't in front of our houses, everyone's boxes are all down at the entrance to our road, and we have to drive or walk down there to pick up our mail...
  3. D

Went to the local weed shop & was blown away by the choices!

Yeah, the way it is right now with the patchwork of legal states is kinda crazy. We're legal here in Montana, but if one travels through Wyoming or Idaho and are holding, they can get in some BIG trouble. I suspect if they legalized it on the federal level a lot of the holdout states would...
  4. D

Any Creatively Unique Musicians Here?

I have to agree for the most part with this one, although I wouldn't go as far as calling the premise "laughable". I'm mostly self-taught, except for sporadic guitar lessons when I was younger, but when I went to college to study jazz guitar, that's when I realized how utterly musically...
  5. D

SoundsClassic..Anyone had any experience with these guys?

Hope I'm in the right section for this question..If not, please moderators, move it to the right one. The title says it all, they have a great-looking website, and their prices seem reasonable. I'm thinking of possibly buying some speakers from them, as well as inquiring about work on some of...
  6. D

What color is this Strat?

Looks pretty much like my '63, which is Lake Placid Blue.
  7. D

What's Your Go-To Delay?

I've been using an MXR Carbon Copy for a long time now, pretty darned good delay for the $$..I use it for a bit of slapback style echo. Funny thing though, through my '73 JMP Marshall it sounds great, same for my Soldano Hot Rod 50 when it's running clean or with a distortion or fuzz pedal. But...
  8. D

The 80's were GREAT!

Back then, the dealers were the only ones who could afford the good stuff! :rflmao: The dealers I knew back then all had nice stereo gear, along with a lot of other nice toys the rest of us couldn't afford. Ditto on the coke scene..I watched it screw up some of my friend's lives and health...
  9. D

The 80's were GREAT!

Yup, the 70's were really my decade..When the 80's came around I did a lot of lamenting for the "good 'ol days". But I still did have a lot of fun in the 80's, did a lot of growing up and maturing, and in hindsight, it was a pretty damned good decade! Especially compared with the current...
  10. D

Rubber washers for a Flexy..

Got them ordered..Thanks for the info!
  11. D

Rubber washers for a Flexy..

I'm almost ready to start putting together my Flexy rack, but I'm not sure what type rubber washers I need. I found the McMasters supply link here and found 3/4 inch washers (I couldn't find any 3/4 rubber washers locally) so I'm going to order some. The only problem is, on the McMasters...
  12. D

AK 21st Anniversary Raffle

Thanks so much!
  13. D

Pawn shop find-JBL 220's

Opened them up this morning, the back is stamped with the following: 011 4 Ohm 242TND As an aside, earlier this year I bought a pair of J2060's on Barter Town, they sound pretty darned good paired up with and stacked on top of my Cerwin Vega D-3's.
  14. D

Pawn shop find-JBL 220's

I'll open it up and take a look sometime today.
  15. D

AK 21st Anniversary Raffle

Awesome! March 25, 2017
  16. D

Pawn shop find-JBL 220's

Wow, I didn't know there was even such a thing as "cheap big box store JBL's"! o_O Oh well, like I said, it was a gamble..I'm not enough of an JBL expert yet to know what I'm looking at every time..And $25 bucks won't even buy a meal out nowadays. I guess I'll just have to keep on looking for...
  17. D

Pawn shop find-JBL 220's

Sorry I didn't clarify, they're J-220's..Two-ways, one woofer and one tweeter. Wish they were the L's! :D
  18. D

Pawn shop find-JBL 220's

I found a pair of JBL 220's at a pawnshop today, they were having a sale, one day only, and the speakers had been marked down from $69.00 to $25.00..The pawnshop guy said they had "probably" been tested when they came in, but they had had them for awhile and he couldn't remember for sure..Didn't...
  19. D

Requesting Input from Forum Members After 2023 Update

Yeah, it's a bit different but I haven't had any problems with it yet. Like the previous poster mentioned it's a little on the blank and sterile side, but other than that I'm cool with it.
  20. D

First guitar

My first electric was something called a "Strad-O-Lin" three pickups and a lot of switches..Wish I had kept it, just for sentimental reasons. First bass was a "Kimberly", wish I had kept that one too. The first guitar I ever tried to play was my Dad's old no-name Parlor acoustic, I inherited...
  21. D

Speakers for Classic Rock, Hard Rock, and Metal

I do something similar with my system..Kind of. I have a P.A. in my music room with a 16 channel board and a BIG set of QMS speakers, and if I want a bit more "ambience" I have a pair of Shure SM-57's aimed slightly off-axis at my CV's, about five feet away, and a SM-58 I use for vocals..Turn...
  22. D

Speakers for Classic Rock, Hard Rock, and Metal

Another Cerwin Vega vote here. I have a pair of D-3's I bought at a pawn shop many years ago, all I've ever had to do to them was re-foam the woofers. I would probably never sell them. I recently bought a pair of JBL 2060's from Barter Town, I use them stacked on top of the CV's, driven by my...
  23. D

Amazon Basic RCA Cables

I got some of the Amazon cables, I like them..They're obviously decent quality, and much better than the old stiff Radio Shack RCA cables I was using before. As far as sound quality, there's a difference there too, although to my tired old ears it's pretty subtle..And they're a lot more flexible...
  24. D

Butcher's block for a Flexy..

That's a great idea! I'm kind of an amateur gun builder myself, I've built several muzzleloading rifles and pistols, as well as worked on other types of firearms..So I'm familiar with the bluing process. I don't remember if the rods are zinc or bare steel though..If they're bare, bluing would...
  25. D

Butcher's block for a Flexy..

Black oxide hardware would be cool..But what I'm planning is going to require longer rods..4'-5' high at least. I currently have two 10' rods I'm planning on cutting in half, not black, but I saw on another thread where a fellow had painted them himself..Looks pretty good! I may try to paint...
Back
Top Bottom