Search results

1. tiretread

What non-audio hobbies/interests do you have?

I spend way too much money on my cars and motorcycles. I also love to golf so time is also at a premium. I also plan on getting back into scuba diving this summer. I am in the middle of a bicycle rebuild as well and once that's done I'll have 4 bicycles in my garage as well.
  2. tiretread

Your automotive "Bucket List"?

My short list: -Grand National -66 GTO
  3. tiretread

What a deal and moi with no money!

Building a car is like owning a boat but your money doesn't float away, it burns. I have at least 30k into my one car (not including the price of the car) and I would be lucky to get 25k for it. Oh well. I have a mustang build which is rapidly closing in on 10k spent. And that's my cheap build.
  4. tiretread

Australian Member

Beautiful radios! Welcome to AK!
  5. tiretread

Show your Bicycle !

That stand rocks!
  6. tiretread

What was the fastest car you ever owned?

Man, I am starting to like this board more and more! Good stuff regarding boost, NOS, induction, etc. I'm a car guy and I'm learning about audio and car stuff! Good Stuff.
  7. tiretread

Show your Bicycle !

My Surly Long Haul Trucker. Built this frame up a few years ago. Heavy but smooth as silk on the road.
  8. tiretread

Show us your Motorcycles

Here's a couple of my favorite pics of the other 2 GT-1000s:
  9. tiretread

Show us your Motorcycles

I picked up the the 550 as a parts bike. That picture is about 7 years old when I had purchased both bikes. I sold the parts bike for double what I paid plus parts used and sold off it. Not a bad score at the time. I had to store the black one due to orders to Europe so I'm getting ready to...
  10. tiretread

Show us your Motorcycles

Correct! It's the RADD front suspension from James Parker. Pretty interesting.
  11. tiretread

Do you have a demanding pet at home?

English Bulldog...nuff said.
  12. tiretread

Show us your Motorcycles

It had a 10 year run in Europe and 2 year run in the US (might be giving away some hints here). The engine was de-tuned from a racier bike for touring considerations. Also had factory ABS and FI. For a mass produced bike, one of the firsts. As well as the looks are timeless. Main issue...
  13. tiretread

Show us your Motorcycles

Thanks Valveglow. I've wanted the 1st bike since I first saw them in college. I think I have only seen one on the road here in the US and less than a handful in Europe for the 5 years I lived there.
  14. tiretread

Show us your Motorcycles

Let's see who can name this bike. I'm a sucker for them. Got three of them. My trusty do-anything (including totaling a Buick in a head-on) 2003 V-strom: My 2000 Hayabusa: My 82 Goldwing: My next project, 71 Honda CB500:
  15. tiretread

Pictures of Vintage GM cars!

Here's my 2 vintage Pontiacs: 1966 Tempest Convertible And my next project, 1965 Tempest Wagon
  16. tiretread

What was the fastest car you ever owned?

My 2006 Pontiac GTO with Twin Turbos is the fastest car I've owned. 850+rwhp.
  17. tiretread

Hello from Colorado

Welcome aboard!
  18. tiretread

Show Me Your Sansui!

Howdy, new guy to audio but man, am I really enjoying it. My set up is all Sansui. Sounds great to me but I am very new to this. Still looking for speakers but these work great now. Receiver is QR-6500, Turntable is 2050C, and the speakers are SP-2000.
  19. tiretread

Old Guy from SC, but new to Vintage Audio

Kings Mtn. Nice place. I have a couple of engines up there in a machine shop.
  20. tiretread

Sumter. Love Murrells Inlet. I surf fish there. Not the best place to catch fish but I love the beach.
  21. tiretread

Thanks for all the welcomes. Can't wait for my receiver to get here!
  22. tiretread

Wild hair. Decided the man cave needed some tunes. I have always wanted to get a turntable and start buying records again (last record I bought was sometime in the late 80s). Been kind of searching the web for ideas and audiokarma popped up again and again with bits of good information. So...
Back
Top Bottom