Search results

1. S

Onkyo M 509 - 5090 - 200 / Protection Circuit

Hi Zeamon My M-5090 has gone into protection, so will be digging into this. Did you go any further with yours please ? Any tips or help greatly appreciated, Best wishes
  2. S

Sansui au-x901 vs Onkyo M-5090 P-3090

Hi All, So, I'm in love with my Sansui au-x901. Just adore it. I run pair of HPM 100s with a pair of Cabasse Clippers together. No idea why but together those speakers and amp are devine. The other day (well month) I picked up an Onkyo P 3090 cheap in a junk shop. I knew nothing about that...
  3. S

maximum power capacitor value for upgrade Sansui au x-701

Hi Sheiku That's very kind of you thanks, I believe I have the schematics for both already so will check those out and see if there is the components list in there. If not then I would gladly take a copy to get my 901's lights on and singing again.
  4. S

maximum power capacitor value for upgrade Sansui au x-701

Hello both, interested to follow this thread as will be doing a similar job on my 901 (Hyperion knows why - I won't admit my stupidity in public). Sheiku - keep us updated on how this goes. I'm yet to order all the parts In need (including the diodes). If you have a list to hand I'd be very...
  5. S

2017 Sansui Serial Number Database

Hi, One more in today for the collection (will have to sell some soon). Not listened yet but here's the serial number for the DB. Model,Serial Number,AK User Name AU-X901,608014879,Skaman
  6. S

AU-X901 LED above volume control

Hi all, I know this thread is very old but you never know... I too could do with a copy of this manual but the link above is dead and I can't find it in the AK database either. The one on hifiengine is only in Spanish sadly. So, does anyone have a copy that can be uploaded to the database or to...
  7. S

Loving discovering Sansui AU-X Vintage series.

Loving discovering Sansui AU-X Vintage series.
  8. S

Can I fix a Sansui au X701?

I am now fully addicted to these amps after finding a bargain x701. I loved the sound so much I went and found an x901.I guess I'll be selling some of my other amps now as they pale into insignificance. I just wanted to thank everyone on here for their enthusiastic posts and the help you have so...
  9. S

Help me pick the right vintage Sansui Integrated!

Hi, Well I'm in there now cleaning the switches and pots and having a little poke at the glue. It seems to come off really pretty easily. I used a little contact cleaner on q-tip ends to soften it up a little and then tried scraping with the plastic tube from the q-tip. The best result though...
  10. S

I'll be trying whatever I find that works, I guess acetone is the safe tried and tested option and I was going to try some plastic scrapers you use for prying off broken telephone screens or perhaps some chisel shaped wood etc.if the glue proved difficult. I'm still trying the amp out and so...
  11. S

Sansui Suggestions please?

Hi, I hope you don't mind me chipping in and replying but thought it might help... No hum at all from mine. If I put my ear on top there is some slight "transformer" noise but I have to put my ear on the amp.
  12. S

Hi Tonerider I picked up a fairly pristine AU-X701 on Monday for a snip in a job lot. If you haven't already then please do open her up and check for the dreaded corrosive glue and give it a nice clean up. I can see mine has it just looking through the top and that'll be getting cleaned off as...
  13. S

2017 Sansui Serial Number Database

AU-X701,627113446,Skaman
  14. S

JBL Decade 16 (L16) tweeter hunt (LE25)

I'm right in the middle of the biggest spring clean I have ever undertaken right now (to make room for more sounds ;-), I promise I will do photo's soon, before I pull those tweeters and begin work on them.
  15. S

Pioneer HPM 100's....Thoughts?

I picked a pair of the 200w rated version up last month for €20 at a boot sale. One woofer was dead (that's how I got them so cheap - reduced from €60) and I had a replacement woofer for €80 here in a week. I really like them, a lot. I have played with the tone controls to get them to my liking...
  16. S

Well, a pair of tweeters pulled from some L 26s are on the way across the Atlantic. I'll be very interested to hear the difference between the original tweeters and those nasty looking bullets. I guess I'd better order some new capacitors too (well one per speaker...
  17. S

Wow, that's interesting. I'll look up the dimensions. The many other pages I have read about these L16s seem to say the L19 is the closer relative of the 4301B. So, does anyone on here have a pair of LE25s (or at a push the LE26's) for sale at a reasonable price? It seems the prices I'm seeing...
  18. S

Well, I guess I'd better go for it then. I have seen some tweeters not too expensive. How much of a problem is the front foam? I imagine if JBL deigned these with rear foam it was for a reason. I'll put some photos together when I get a moment.
  19. S

Thanks again for your reply. I'll certainly get around to doing the picture thing at some point soon. Lot's of things going on right at the moment so I'll need to find the time to do that.
  20. S

Hi Helle and thanks for the advice, I've done the Ebay thing and the prices seem quite high so I was hoping to get an idea about how these speakers sound and compare before going for a full restoration. I have no idea of the value of them either and don't really want to end up out of pocket...
  21. S

Hi all I recently picked up a nice bundle of vintage HiFi gear (Marantz 1150, Thorens TD 160 highlights). I was rather excited about the JBLs that were in the lot until I got home and discovered that a) the refoam on the woofers had been stuck on the front and b) the LE25 tweeters have been...
  22. S

Hi from New Member in France

WOW, thank you all so much for the warm welcome. I never expected so many welcome messages. Can't wait to meet you all and share stuff.
  23. S

Marantz 1150D Restoration (Returning a favor to a good friend)

Hi, I'd be interested too in any information on this project. I just got an 1150 which I'm slowly spraying off with contact cleaner and resolving what I can.
  24. S

Thanks all for the messages. I'll get around to contributing more soon, so many questions to ask and opinions needed ;-)
  25. S

Hi All UK citizen in france newly signed up. Been reading a lot on here of late. Look forward to getting to know some of you better. Cheers
Back
Top Bottom