Search results

1. mrk1509

Fleetwood Console Amp - 6BQ5's

Hi All, Set my hands on a nice little amp off of the classifieds. It looks to be a Fleetwood SW/AM/Stereo Phono out of some sort of console. It took me a bit by surprise when I saw it in person; I thought it may be a Fleetwood 2050 based on the photo layout but spinning it around revealed a TV...
  2. mrk1509

Mystery Speaker ID

Hey All, Sorry to make this post but wanted to lean on the collective expertise. Anyone have a bead on these? look like mystical white van speakers but they intrigue still. Many thanks,
  3. mrk1509

Mystery Speakers?

Anyone have a suggestion what these may be? boxes have no markings; seller is asking ~$50. Think I see separate woofers similar to a Heathkit but can't be sure. Thank you,
  4. mrk1509

JBL L-166 - Woofer swap?

looking around at various classified ads. The woofers on these JBL's look to have been swapped out, or am I crazy? https://www.kijiji.ca/v-electronics/calgary/jbl-l166-speakers/1301375524?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true compared to most original photos...
  5. mrk1509

Gorilla in the Living Room

You hear a lot about the first step in addiction being admitting you have a problem. I suspect this may be a touch much for a 1,100 sq.ft. Condo. Good thing it's a concrete building! Realistic STA-2080 Receiver Marantz 5010 Cassette Deck Pioneer PL-S40 turntable KEF Cantor III's Spectrum...
  6. mrk1509

DC offset on old Pioneer - Okay to be high?

So I picked up a Pioneer ES-2000/kc and just tested the speaker offsets. They came in at a whopping 14.8V on both right and left channels. I was shocked and went looking for service manuals without too much success. I did look up the manual for a SX-424 of similar vintage (~'73) and if my not...
  7. mrk1509

What is this thing? - Hitchachi HT-324

I picked up a few turntables and noticed something odd on the Hitachi HT-324. It's an odd thing as the others I've found in pictures don't have it. Any ideas before I start pulling it apart? And yes, it needs a serious cleaning, lol. Many thanks,
  8. mrk1509

Full Collection - Right price?

Hey All, I am looking at an Ad for a full collection of gear; the seller wants to sell it all at once and is firm on the price; $600(CAD, so ~$440US?). I'm trying to talk myself in to it but not sure. The list is as follows: - Dual 606 Turntable - Pioneer SX525 Receiver - Sansui AU-6900...
  9. mrk1509

Sony STR-V4 versus V5

Hi All, I have a bead on picking up a Sony STR-V4 or STR-V5 receiver with a spread of ~$50 more for the V5. Thoughts on whether it's worth it to step up in price for the audio quality (assuming both in good shape)? I suppose factoring in eventual resale value should count too. Many thanks,
  10. mrk1509

W.E.B. VIP 12's - New speaker and foam! (Wilsdon Engineering Bros)

A while ago I posted about picking up a pair of Wilsdon Engineering Bros VIP12 tower speakers. The 12' woofers needed new surrounds and the 6" mids were missing. After a healthy does AK forum reading and the help of That Auction Site, I can say they're back and rockin!
  11. mrk1509

Marantz 5010 Cassette Deck

Picked up this little gem yesterday at a very reasonable price. Looks like it needs two new belts and a pretty good cleaning inside but I'm excited to add it to the VU meter bonanza I have going.
  12. mrk1509

What a Lovely Lovely Day!

It's mean but I feel like a teaser is a good start. After chatting with a local vintage lover, I have acquired a beautiful slice of Canadian history for restoration. They were sold on the condition the old owner got to hear them when they are done as he parted with them due to time to fix and a...
  13. mrk1509

Hitachi HS-330

When I was trying to learn about these speakers, I could find very little (beyond some praise here on AK). I thought I would load a library of pictures I took during cleaning in hopes they can help future finders. There were some specific questions about how the woven surrounds went together...
  14. mrk1509

KR-750 Weak Right Channel -- Advice

Hi All, I have a Kenwood KR-750 that I picked up a while back with a few flaws. After a normal dusting and Pot cleaning, two issues remained: 1)The FM will not lock on to any stations, although when manually tuned to a known station there is very weak sound (volume turned to 85-95%) 2) The...
  15. mrk1509

New Listener from Canada

Hi All, A quick Hello From Alberta, Canada. I caught the Vinyl bug in September and since then have picked up through classifieds: a few crates of Vinyl (I've bought just one LP [Hotel California] at $12 from a local shop; it was my wife's only demand) a '66 Zenith Suitcase record player, a...
Back
Top Bottom