Search results

1. W

Bosch Series on Amazon - What a Stereo Setup!

If you watch this on an iPad or iPhone and touch the screen it will give you facts about the music and the actors
  2. W

Bosch Series on Amazon - What a Stereo Setup!

Lots of Stan Getz this season
  3. W

Best integrateds of the 80s?

You dint hear it from me but Vector Research receivers were awesome. Supposedly made by Rotel, i cant be sure, high current, and very nice sounding. Still have mine.
  4. W

Universal Remotes for Int. & Pre Amps. Luck?

Sorry for hijacking the thread with my own neediness but the 650 works great! Volume, input, on/off, tuner ( although i will never use it!) are fully controllable. I then did my old sony es cd player and was able to program the variable line out with buttonbs. Just awesome. I did find one...
  5. W

Thank you! Just ordered the 650 on amazon. Silver was on sale 44.
  6. W

Any idea if this has codes for adcom? I destroyed my remote for the GTP 500 preamp by letting the batteries sit for a while. There currently are no replacements for this remote. Thanks.
  7. W

Audio Community Phrases or Sayings that Make You Cringe.....

I said something sounds divine. Will I be excoriated?
  8. W

life after cd ?

I went down this road recently, ironically to an adcom GTP 500. I started by considering a basic device, found myself looking at a device with a dac the audio engine product at about $189, then to a separate dac connected to a dedicated laptop. After realizing I did not know enough about dac...
  9. W

Modern versatile preamp to partner Rotel RB980

Hi Jon, I use an adcom GTP 500 with my 980bx and it sounds divine. They are inexpensive because nobody wants a tuner! Has a cut switch for the tone as well as a lab output which removes some capacitors from the circuit. If you are icky you may even find one with a working remote control.
  10. W

PSB Stratus Gold i - picked them up last night

Thanks for all the support. Right now it's being used with an onkyo m5130 105 wpc at 8 ohms and an adcom 535. I prefer the adcom. However I am going to step up to a Rotel 980 or possibly 1552 if I can find one at a good price. I wasn't even looking for speakers but when these came up and I...
  11. W

PSB Stratus Gold i - picked them up last night

All I can say is WOW. Picked these up off that app letgo for what I think was a fair price of 450. Previously listening to B&W DM610s. Prior to that Mastercrafts( a local Long Island built product from the 80s). Absolutely no comparison of a bookshelf speaker to a total behemoth of a floor...
  12. W

Restored my HH Scott 299 – Long!

Thank you for sharing this. I am in the proces of getting ready to have my 299 rebuilt and this is a tremendous resource.
Back
Top Bottom