Search results

1. Phillyfisher

NAD 7100, no amp or preamp

Hello, I just recently picked up a NAD 7100 receiver with no sound. Seller knew nothing about it, other than powered on, no sound. From photos, I could see the pre-out, main-in jumpers were missing, so I rolled the dice. Looks clean inside, very little dust on any of the boards. Anyway, it...
  2. Phillyfisher

New to the SS forum- Slippery slope...

Ok, I’ve just entered the slippery slope of vintage audio. Grew up in the 70’s listening to my older brother’s Sylvania receiver and large Advents, In the early 80’s, I worked at the corner grocery store to make enough money to by my first stereo- Sony STR-V35 (like your first girlfriend, you...
  3. Phillyfisher

Need worthy replacement for Denon 3802

Well, sounds like my Denon 3802 is starting to lose the left front channel on analog stereo inputs. Really love the sound of this old receiver. Any suggestions for a worthy replacement? Budget around $1500...
  4. Phillyfisher

New to tube amps- where to start?

Always been fascinated by tube amps but never owned one. Have a pair of Mission 707’s that I have had for over 30 years since they were new, and looking to repurpose them, and considering a vintage amp/preamp. Where’s a good place to start? Tried searching the forum stuff like, “buying...
  5. Phillyfisher

DVD players- are optical outputs created equal?

My old Sony DVP-CX850D changer died. I used it for all my cds and a handful of music dvds. It was connected via an optical connection to my Denon AVR 1082. Was very pleased with the sound, worked well for many years. When the changer died a couple of months ago I swapped in an inherited...
  6. Phillyfisher

Another new member here...

Been lurking here a long time, and appreciate a lot of the great information here passing between members and figured it about time to register. Grew up in the age of vinyl, listening to my older brothers' records thru large Advent Utilities until I saved enough for my own system. Over the...
Back
Top Bottom