Search results

1. NoTorr

Motorola Cantonesian Heritage

I grew up with one in the house and absolutely loved the thing. Matt And Moms Stereo by NoTorr posted Dec 11, 2020 at 7:11 PM
  2. Matt And Moms Stereo

Matt And Moms Stereo

3. NoTorr

Hello from Texas

Howdy from Taylor Texas. I just got here my darn self so I don't have any words of wisdom for ya'! lol
  4. NoTorr

Hello from Texas

Howdy from Taylor Texas and welcome. I just got here myself . . .
  5. NoTorr

Forget everything I said about being a electronics tech (H-R99)

I am very grateful for the suggestions. I will look into them and I will let you all know if/when I succeed. lol
  6. NoTorr

Awesome! Thank you
  7. NoTorr

I've ordered a belt and should have it soon, but I'm thinking a bad belt wouldn't cause the voltage feeding the motor to fluctuate? Probably not? Maybe not? Shit - I dunno. lol
  8. NoTorr

Definitely early 70's, and no I have not. I tried to get into the motor this evening but cound't get one of the itty bitty screws to break loose. I've never replaced brushes. Is that something that an average idiot. . . uh, I mean your average guy should be capable of doing, or something that...
  9. NoTorr

Yeah, let's just forget all that shit I talked about being an electronics tech, because I apparently don't have a fricken clue. So I bought an H-R99 off Ebay. The guy flat out said the lights came on and it ran, but that he had no way to test it. Now I wasn't born yesterday so I translated this...
  10. NoTorr

"Easy" first project turning into nightmare..Nikko integrated amp w/ pics

With the disclaimer that I've never worked on audio equipment, and I haven't had to trouble shoot down to a component in almost 20 years . . . I think it might also be worth looking at R691. If it is shorted or far less resistance than it is supposed to be, maybe it is drawing too much current...
  11. NoTorr

pioneer h-r99 records too fast

Just wanted to express my solidarity with you. I've just bought a H-R99 and am trying to learn all that I can about it as well. Good luck!
  12. NoTorr

Tech question

Can anyone advise me about the "bearings" for the flywheel? It doesn't appear to actually BE bearings, just a smooth plastic like surface that offers little resistance. Are these supposed to be bearings that actually turn but have perhaps frozen? I've taken two decks apart from the same era and...
  13. NoTorr

Another newbie from Wisconsin

I just joined myself and wanted to say howdy! I also used to find some awesome stuff at Goodwill, but somewhere along the line they got smart and that good stuff is no longer out on the shelf. Bastards! Lol I'm with you on the Realistic gear. I always thought it was pretty decent stuff, but then...
  14. NoTorr

Newly Obsessed . . .

I'm afraid that it has been about two decades since I've had to troubleshoot something down to a component level, so I don't know how much help I can be! These days everything is surface mount technology (SUPER small components that I can hardly see, let alone test or work on) and so it just...
  15. NoTorr

Newly Obsessed . . .

Howdy everyone! I have always been a lover of music, from making my own music with my humble little home recording studio, to collecting hundreds of tapes and CD's, but I've never really had good hardware before. As a kid, we were dirt poor and absolutely thrilled when my mother brought home...
  16. NoTorr

Tech question

I know that I am WAY late to this thread, but my wife and I have just started our personal "back to our media roots" quest. We have built a Pioneer system, with a damned fine Receiver/Amplifier and turn table. That was my wife's quest. MY quest was the 8-Track. Yepper, I know it was the worst...
Back
Top Bottom