Search results

1. Keith Baran

A novice question about a problem with Marantz 1060

I have a 1060 that I “refreshed” about 1 year ago. Replaced all electrolytics, transistors ETC. Works great. The other day I picked up a pair of Marantz MA700 for free. I put them on my bench, hook up a pair of junk speakers, and a computer to play some music through to make sure nothing was...
  2. Keith Baran

Dusting dust covers?

I picked up two pioneer turntables a while back for $40.00 each. PL-A35 & PL112-D. Both in great shape. The dust covers are pristine. Now, in my house they gather dust. As a teenager I use to just wash my dust covers with whatever was handy. I do not want to scratch or cloud these. I Would like...
  3. Keith Baran

1060 amp adjustments, "What kinda wave is this?"

Hi all Finishing up a re-cap I started months ago. I was performing the "power amp adjustments" the voltage adjustments are fine, 7.5 v on right and left channels, they adjusted very nicely. Then I attached my scope to the right channel, applied a 1k sine wave as I increased amplitude the top...
  4. Keith Baran

Marantz 240 refurb

I just picked up a Marantz 240, probably paid more for than I should have, but I’ve been wanting one for a while and this one is all original parts and very mint condition. Recapping will probably take place after the New Year. In the mean time I was searching Audiokarma to learn from others who...
  5. Keith Baran

trimmer pots for marantz 1060

Looking to replace the trimmer pots R723, R724,R729,R730 in a 1060 amp. Looking for good replacements, preferably from Mouser. I found a thread the other night with suggestions, but I didn't bookmark it and now I can't find it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Keith
  6. Keith Baran

Blew my 1060 during adjustments

So, I just completed recapping a 1060, everything went great and it sounded great. I began to adjust the DC offsets. I completed the first channel and everything dialed in perfect. Then I moved over to the other channel. I had my meter attached to J714 and J718. As I was making the adjustment I...
  7. Keith Baran

Phono hum

Just finished a total electrolytic re-capping of a 1060 and it sounds great, but when I switch over to the phono section there is a hum that increases and decreases with volume. There is no turn table hooked up to it, but when I do hook a TT to it it plays fine except for the hum. It was in...
  8. Keith Baran

1060 Output coupling caps

Starting a 1060 revival, more like a resurrection ( it's nasty) LOL . Making a parts list for Mouser. Everything was fine until I got to the output coupling caps, the stock caps are Elna 3000uf 55v. I search Elna,Nichicon, Panasonic and no 3000 uf caps, only 2700 and 3300 uf. Is it OK to use...
  9. Keith Baran

1030 Pwer Amp adjustments

Hello all, especially any Marantz guru's I just finished re-capping a 1030 that I bought with one channel out. This is my first attempt at refurbishing an amp. It now turns on and sounds fantastic out of both channels. I wanted to perform the settings described in the service menu, the first...
  10. Keith Baran

Marantz 1030 Power caps question

Hello all I’m on the last leg of a 1030 refurb, my first ever. The problem on the P700 is repaired, the amp board P700 and pre amp P500 are recapped, and everything is working and sounds great. The only things left is the re-cap of the P800, P900, and the three output caps. Here lies my...
  11. Keith Baran

Marantz 1030 chassis voltages

I have a Marantz 1030 amp, when I touch the chassis I very a very faint voltage, my meter measures five volts AC with the ground probe of my meter floating. Is this normal? Should I convert it to a three prong plug and ground the chassis? I just recapped the P700 because of an output problem but...
  12. Keith Baran

Bias Diodes Marantz 1030

Hello all I’m re-assembling a re-capped P700. There are two diodes, PT# HV0000212 SV-3A at H005/H006 locations on the 700 PCB. On one side has a small bump on it and the other side is flat. When I originally removed these from the heatsink I never removed the thermal paste from them, now that...
  13. Keith Baran

leaning PCB's

Hello all I just picked up a Marantz 1060. It needs a re-cap but I'm working on another project now and will not have time for the next several months. I want to use the amp in my office, but it is filthy inside, piles of that thick dust. Blowing out with compressed air helped but I was...
  14. Keith Baran

KG 4 dust covers

Hello all Fairly new to AudioKarma, I'm doing my first refurb on a Marantz 1030,slowly, but I took a trip up to the Chicago area to recuse a pair of KG4 from my sister in law's basement. They are in bad shape, dampness dirt et. My question is this: What is the safest and/or best way to...
  15. Keith Baran

2SD315de transistor for Marantz

Hello all, I'm new here and beginning my first restoration project. I'm trying to find the output transistor for a Marantz 1030. The transistors are labeled "Sanyo 2SD315DE". I've been searching the web for hours and all I come up with are some Chinese generic. I can't even find a cross...
Back
Top Bottom