Search results

1. Mockduck

Looking for help to solve a turntable auto-return issue

Thank you very much! Especially for the photo of the part. Yes, it looks like somehow the auto-return part is missing, who knows what happened. Bummer, though, as I have not so far been able to source a replacement part. Guess I'll have to live with no auto-return...
  2. Mockduck

Looking for help to solve a turntable auto-return issue

I picked up a Sanyo TP-600SA today and it seems to be really nice, but the auto-return is not functioning. When I open it up, I basically get how it is supposed to work with one exception, that being I can't figure out how the auto return lever would actually engage the auto-return mechanism...
  3. Mockduck

Today's Frank Zappa Playlist

Looking forward to getting one of the limited edition color vinyl from Newbury comics of Chungas Revenge on Monday. One of my favorite FZ records.
  4. Mockduck

Interesting Record Store score...

Cool! I bet that box will be worth more than the record in ten years. :)
  5. Mockduck

Anybody out for Record Store Day?

I went to the really great local store The Nevermind Shop in Upton, Massachusetts, and got a killer group of records (in my opinion) along with an old but still functional Discwasher/Zerostat kit. The entire bundle cost me $60, which would have been like 1 and a half of those RSD records:
  6. Mockduck

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Not audio, but I found a complete in box TI99/4a recently.
  7. Mockduck

bose 301s

I have a pair of 301 series II and really like them. With proper placement and a bit of bass boost they sound excellent. Super good separation and clarity. They do lack some fullness but for a bookshelf type they are among the best I have heard.
  8. Mockduck

baby advent cones (for DIY re-cone)

I put Simply Speaker surrounds on some Baby Advents less than a year ago and can easily recommend them. Was not too hard either just follow the instructions.
  9. Mockduck

Simply Speakers

I have used them several times to get new surrounds for my speakers (one for Advent, the other Acoustic Research). In both cases I was super happy with it. Good stuff, good prices, fast shipping, quality product, easy to use...what's not to like?
  10. Mockduck

Reorganized My Vinyl. Now How Do I Find Anything?

I have been mulling the idea of creating some kind of cabinet/shelf where I can store vinyl similar to how it is in a record store, where you can flip through your albums with them face-forward. Even if it were horizontal, but with access from the top, that might be better for me than all-spine...
  11. Mockduck

Any model train enthusiasts?

I picked up two big boxes of O scale train stuff from a junk store over the summer, each box was $20. One box was full of O-scale train segments, including two MarX 999 engines, the New York line. Also tons of hopper cars and other random things, as well as two transformers. The other box was...
  12. Mockduck

Turntable advise

I'm tempted to say stick with the Technics SL-B500, it looks like a great workhorse of a table. I used an SL-B100 for years and found it excellent. Even with a Pmount cartridge, you can upgrade and get an improved sound.
  13. Mockduck

DISCOGS RATING SYSTEM

In general when making a purchase on Discogs, I will base my decision on this question: "If, when I receive the item, it is a full grade lower than listed, am I ok with that?" If the answer is "Yes", then I buy.
  14. Mockduck

Turntable advise

I am not quite sure what advice to give, so let me simply explain my recent experience with a Pro-Ject Essential III turntable: I found once still in its box at a local junk store, and was able to purchase it for $150. At the time I thought that was a fantastic deal, given the typical $300 new...
  15. Mockduck

What's your favorite free CD ripping/burning software?

I've been using FreeRIP for several years now, and recently used it to re-digitize my entire CD collection. I paid them the $10 to get the full featured software, and feel it's worth the money. http://www.freerip.com/
  16. Mockduck

sounds like a CL scammer; you agree?

Yeah that is common wording and action of a Craigslist scammer.
  17. Mockduck

Winter New England FrankenFest Saturday March 10, 2018 Sutton MA

I just wanted to say thanks to all of the people who worked to put this thing together. I was there for a few hours towards the start of the event and had a really good time checking out gear and records. There was definitely some cool stuff there. Now that I know a bit more about what this...
  18. Mockduck

Turntable from Ikea?

I look forward to seeing how they explain tonearm balancing and cartridge VTF and alignment using only pictures. :)
  19. Mockduck

Turntable Basics stole my idler wheel

Went to their web site. I noticed their "featured cartridge" was a P-Mount Audio Technica, and underneath it they wrote: "You will need a phono cartridge alignment tool to install this, or any cartridge correctly." Uh huh.
  20. Mockduck

Valerian and The City of a Thousand Planets

I liked this movie a lot actually, but agree the two main actors were the weakest part of it. I recall The Fifth Element getting panned when it first came out, and I liked it then. I expect this movie will develop a cult following similar to Fifth element.
  21. Mockduck

Thoughts on the Acoustic Research AR 94Si?

I did end up picking these up today, guess I was looking for a new project. I talked the guy down to $150, but he'd paid $100 for them, so whatever, not the best deal but will be fun to mess around with. They need new surrounds, otherwise the grill cloth just needs a bit of cleaning. I am...
  22. Mockduck

Much appreciated. I will be looking at them this weekend.
  23. Mockduck

Yamaha P-(X)50 Turntable DIY Maintenance Thread P-350, P-450, P-550, P-750, P-751, P-10, P-20

My current play table is a Yamaha P350, which I like a lot, but as is fairly common the dust cover hinges are broken. If anyone has a good source for OEM hinges for this table, lemme know.
  24. Mockduck

Verdict on ART DJ PRE

Yeah, I love these for people looking for a modern pre-amp for their turntable. For people just getting into vinyl, these are an easy recommendation. I have used mine for a couple years now and really like it; in particular I really like the gain control...
  25. Mockduck

Someone locally is selling a pair of AR 94Si speakers for $200, which is definitely on the high end of what I'd pay, but I'm wondering if, assuming the cones, cabinet, and grill is in good to great shape, is the price in the ballpark at all for these?
Back
Top Bottom