Search results

1. TH84

Linn Sondek LP12

For more context, in my head i'd take a $600 chance, maybe up to $800 - just wondering if this is an overreach without knowing playing condition or seemingly right based on part value if irreparable.
  2. TH84

Linn Sondek LP12

Local auction has an LP12, Benz Micro cart, & Moerch UP-4 arm. From photos it looks dirty, unsure of playing condition, cant test before bidding. Assuming its going to need work to get playing - where would you set your upper limit?
  3. TH84

Tonearm Identification

Yup, seems right, mystery solved - just needed that extra hour of searching.
  4. TH84

Tonearm Identification

Can anyone help identify this tonearm? EDIT** I think its a Moerch UP-4? Picture not the best, from a local estate listing, cant get more info before seeing it in person. On an LP12 with a Benz Micro MC-2 cart. Thanks in advance!Screen Shot 2021-07-08 At 1.53.18 PM by TH84 posted Jul 8, 2021...
  5. Screen Shot 2021-07-08 At 1.53.18 PM

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 At 1.53.18 PM

Mystery tone arm.
  6. TH84

SX-950 - Push me over the edge

I have a an SA-5160 as my backup. I can afford it, just a matter of practicality. If the 950 was going to be a big upgrade, the price seems so low vs what I've seen that I thought it was a no brainer - the gents here have corrected my assumption that the 950 was the superior listening experience.
  7. TH84

my fault...edited.
  8. TH84

Yup, pretty settled on sticking with my 2000x now.
  9. TH84

Think I'll stick with the Sansui then, thanks for the insight.
  10. TH84

I've been following one for a few months...price just reduced too low to ignore. Current daily setup is advent 6003's & b&w DM11s powered by a sansui 2000x, for primarily jazz & blues, with a little bit of everything else mixed in. Is the SX-950 enough of an upgrade that the difference will...
  11. TH84

pop-Sisssszzzzzzzzz on startup

The 780 is going back to the seller, so minor victory there. Just wondering where and what I should be measuring on my speakers to assess the damage done.
  12. TH84

pop-Sisssszzzzzzzzz on startup

So I experienced this pop-sissszz + a puff of smoke yesterday, I've honestly been depressed about it. I was stupid, trusted the seller who said 'sounds amazing, just serviced, great condition' and unboxed a SX-780, hooked it up to my advents & b&ws, press the power button...shit show. Yes, I...
  13. TH84

Klipsch Heritage S/N Dates Code decoder

So this is a Heresy - Wood Oiled Common...but not having much luck deciphering the Serial #, should I assume its the 1948-1961 period?
  14. TH84

Today's classical playlist

Working my way through this today...I've said I can listen to the cello all day, now I'm actually testing the theory. Playing through Advent 6003 mains and B&W DM11 remotes with my desk chair squarely in the middle - its quite magical.
  15. TH84

Today's JAZZ playlist

Morning playlist...if you have not listened to Sweet Beautyful by Ben Wolfe, give it a try. The second half of that tune is one of my favorites to turn all the way up, love the trumpet solo.
  16. TH84

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

If anyone just won an estate auction lot with an SX-880 & Dual 1257in the Western PA area - kindly shoot me a message, wanted to chat about the piece of furniture it came with.
  17. TH84

Stanton 681EEE

So...the real thing I wanted from this auction was this - I liked this lift top stand well enough, but it also came with a Dual 1257 & Pioneer SX-880. I had set a max bid for like $220, because the auction site does not get a lot of traffic, figured that would carry the day. I went to go...
  18. TH84

Today's JAZZ playlist

This reminds me, I have a McCoy Tyner album I bought like 3 weeks ago and have not played yet. Interesting take, will need to hunt that one down.
  19. TH84

Today's JAZZ playlist

Today's Listening
  20. TH84

Stanton 681EEE

I'll report back Monday night when the gavel drops, appreciate all the feedback.
  21. TH84

Stanton 681EEE

I can only go on the photos, auction is on Monday, so how far would you guys go based on the limited info available? I'm thinking I might up range a little based off what you guys have said so far, but with having to go on photos alone, I'm thinking 130ish might be my limit.
  22. TH84

Stanton 681EEE

No, all I have is this for now. That is helpful though, will check it out during preview.
  23. TH84

Stanton 681EEE

This thing looks super clean, is in the box, has the outside wrapper, etc, like it might have never been used. Its at a local auction, read nothing but great reviews, having trouble zeroing in on how far I should chase it. I'm thinking a bill is my break point, able to go higher, just not sure...
  24. TH84

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Was a full season ticket plan holder since 2010 (dropped to 20+6 for this year) my kid turns 3 next month, has been to 80+ games, I have the authentic lineup card from his DOB, etc, I def get it!
  25. TH84

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

@Delmarva representing the SlowLow huh? I'm originally from Felton, was just in town this past weekend (in PGH now). Anyways, I've been on Frank Morgan's Mood Indigo all day, not the best sound mixing, but man I love this album.
Back
Top Bottom