Search results

1. Z

Linn lp12, Clearaudio Ovation, Rega rp10

I am adding a turntable to my Naim 300dr/552/NDS/555 system. I have the Naim Fraim audio stand (glass shelves). The footprint needs to be no more than 17” by 13”, so no VPI. I don’t want another expensive stand. Also, please include your choice of a phono stage. By the way, my nearest...
  2. Z

Speakers around $20k to go with Naim, REL

The problem I have with "listening" to different speakers is that it's apples and oranges. The components are all different, the rooms are all different, and my sound memory is not that precise. Unless it's in my room at my house with my stuff, comparison is useless and futile. They all...
  3. Z

Speakers around $20k to go with Naim, REL

I have put together a nice system with Naim components (300 Dr amp, 555ps, 252 streamer, REL subs, etc). I have owned focal sopra 3's before the subs on a different system. Right now I have B&W 802's as the speakers on demo. They are nice but I want your opinion. In a perfect world I would...
  4. Z

Wiring direct circuit in listening room

Closing on a new (at least new to me) house late July. Will have a great place to set up my listening room. Have naim components and focal sopra 3 speakers. Should be fairly easy to have a dedicated circuit. Need help from the people on this site who have more knowledge than me by a long way. I...
  5. Z

sub placement in a new house

Moving into a new house right after I had it all figured out. Naim components with Focal Sopra 3 speakers. Have a pair of REL g1 mk2 coming. The room is very large, 25 foot across and runs into another room so it's 60 foot long. Due to doors, cabinets, etc., I need to place the subs stacked...
  6. Z

Naim, Rega Aria, and Thorens td160 super

On the rp8 I will be using the apheta 2 moving coil cartridge. So, I guess it will be simple.
  7. Z

Naim, Rega Aria, and Thorens td160 super

I have a system which will consist of Naim amp, pre-amp with Rega rp8 turntable and aria phonostage. Will the thoren td160 super plug into the aria mm connections with the rp8 connecting to the mc? Allowing me to use one phonostage for both turntables. Thanks
  8. Z

Yamaha rx-v365 receiver to Klipsch belles

I see a front b. I'll use it, thanks.
  9. Z

Yamaha rx-v365 receiver to Klipsch belles

Another crazy question, I have a Yamaha rx-v365 receiver that is gathering dust in the closet sitting next to an old pair of Klipsch belles. If I wanted to use the receiver temporarily to listen to fm or a CD player can I just hook up the belles to the surrround right left or to the front B...
  10. Z

Focal Sopra 3 spike feet on tile floor

i have a pair of Focal Sopra 3's sitting on a hard tile floor. This can't be good for the sound or the floor. What do I need to do? Replace the spikes with some isolation feet instead of the spikes? Or does anyone make a fancy furniture slider to set the spikes on?
  11. Z

Help with speaker wire

Just bought a nice pair of early 80's Belles in nice shape. All original wiring as far as I can tell. Going to run them with a Marantz 2330b which is being restored. What speaker wire should I use. Never had a pair of Klipsch before, the screw in the back which clams down on the wire is new...
  12. Z

Klipsch Belles

i was just about to buy a pair of new Cornwalls to go with a restored Marantz 2330b when I ran across a nice pair of used Klipsch belles for a lot less than the new Cornwalls. Any advise about the Belles would be appreciated.
  13. Z

Which CD player

I am restoring a Marantz 2330b receiver. Purchasing Klipsch cornwall speakers, I want to add a CD player to match those two components. I have a budget of around $1000, prefer 5 disc player. I have no internet to speak of, so can't stream. This is second house so no turntable, album...
  14. Z

Looking for modern speakers for my vintage Marantz

I'm having a Marantz 2330b restored, and would really like some experts to chime it. I like your choices but it's pretty impractical to test drive all those models at home. Good luck with your search. By the way, I leaning toward Klipsch cornwalls.
  15. Z

Who to use to Restore 2252b

I am located in Little Rock, Arkansas. But I can ship anywhere.
  16. Z

Who to use to Restore 2252b

I want to restore a 2252b, who would you recommend that would not be a year wait. Thanks
  17. Z

Playing Tidal on a 9090db

is there a way to play Tidal on my 9090db receiver. I have Tidal loaded on an iPad and would need to run it through the iPad. Thanks
  18. Z

Help with new speaker for 9090db

Like many times in my life, I've jumped in something that I need expert advise. I've just purchased a 9090db receiver and now it's time for speakers. I'm not comfortable buying used speakers. What about Klipsch cornwalls? I'm ok in that price range AT THE MOST. Thanks for the help.
Back
Top Bottom