Search results

1. Ears of Tin

Raspberry Pi as Direct Music Server

rAudio is the only player I've tried that has a loose sort (dropping articles such as "the") when sorting file directories. I used to keep up with Volumio and Moode, maybe they've changed. My installation of LMS has an optional loose sort for meta data but strictly sorts files. So LMS puts...
  2. Ears of Tin

Raspberry Pi as Direct Music Server

rAudio will do this for you.
  3. Ears of Tin

Volumio 3

rAudio has been a stand alone offshoot from Rune for about three years now and can be found here: https://github.com/rern/rAudio I tried the rest and I like it the best. I still keep piCore around for its invaluable Chromecast capability.
  4. Ears of Tin

Help Researching Music Streaming Solutions

I mostly use rAudio (formerly known as RuneAudio and never to be confused with Roon). I much prefer its UI over everything else I've tried including Volumio and Moode. For remote locations (garage, porch) I use PiCorePlayer/LMS which usually works well with Chromecast. Everthing is runnning...
  5. Ears of Tin

LMS UPnP Bridge broken?

After the most recent two updates, I lost Chromecast Bridge. Entered plugin settings and selected binary "squeeze2cast-linux-aarch64-static". Now it's back but can't say yet if it's stable.
  6. Ears of Tin

LMS and Chromecast Audio - Success!

Chromecast bridge is the primary reason I use piCore/LMS. It's been a while but i originally did a full install (Squeezelite, LMS, Material Skin) sourced from the piCore site. Then I modified my setup using Settings>Server>select Plugins and enable Chromecast bridge with a checkmark in the box.
  7. Ears of Tin

Thinking about building a Rasberry Pi streamer for Volumio

There are workarounds for setup without a LAN connection say if your listening area is far from your router. I usually enter my WiFi credentials into the "wifi0" file immediately after I image my SD card. Alternatively without a wifi connection rAudio (nee Rune) creates a hot spot. Connect...
  8. Ears of Tin

A new challenge! What's the best system you can build for under $500?

Sadly inflation is making a $500 system more of a challenge to build. My current system cost slightly less than that but I couldn't reproduce it due to Raspberry Pi shortages. And it takes some luck to find deals. Source - CDs ripped to NAS (already had a NAS for documents and photos so no...
  9. Ears of Tin

Who is the female singer/songwriter I'm thinking of?

Eva Cassidy? She certainly had a beautiful voice, played guitar and worked with a brother in an early band. Lots of soul and jazz standards. With only one release in her too short lifetime, a lot of what was released later is demo/rehearsal type stuff. Whether she's now well-known is in the ear...
  10. Ears of Tin

New to streaming, evaluating hardware options

I mostly use rAudio and piCore/LMS. piCore is a little more work but it has a killer addon, Chromecast Bridge, The Bridge that lets anyone in the house steer their music from the NAS to six different chrome players without adding an app (like BubbleUpnP) to their phone. The only downside to...
  11. Ears of Tin

Raspberry Pi 4/B DAC/Streaming Journey

You can buy a hat for the Pi with coax output. E.g. https://www.allo.com/sparky/digione.html
  12. Ears of Tin

Standing up LMS/RaspberryPi in a Mac environment!

My GDradio streams at 96kbs. As a recent convert to piCore I was wondering if anyone has tried the Live Music Archive plugin (archive.org). Most GD shows stream at 180vbr on the archive.
  13. Ears of Tin

That's funny my phone is showing a picture of Led Zeppelin. I must have screwed up the install. I have replaced Volumio with pCore on my upstairs system. Keeping rAudio on main system at least until I get Bluetooth working on piCP. I need to play podcasts and cast to the BT speakers...
  14. Ears of Tin

I like rAudio (formerly known as Rune) https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1 I greatly prefer the rAudio UI over Volumio including the new beta version 3.0. And the price is right - free. I recently tested piCore and found it a little more effort to install and a little less phone friendly.
  15. Ears of Tin

Help for streamer in my system - Raspberry Pi or Bluseound or Audiolab

Out of curiosity I installed pCP/LMS today. Thanks cpt for the guide. Connected to NAS and USB sources. Instead of a DAC I tested with headphone jack. There's a lot still to explore with pCP but my initial impression is that Volumio/rAudio/Moode are more newbie-friendly (easier to install and...
  16. Ears of Tin

Help for streamer in my system - Raspberry Pi or Bluseound or Audiolab

Other options for the RPi are rAudio and Moode, both completely free. I moved one of my RPis to Volumio 3.0 beta this weekend and all the plugins now require registration and/or subscription. Try them all - changing systems is as easy as changing a SD card. If you already have the Pi an a SD...
  17. Ears of Tin

What tickets are in your pocket? (What's the next concert you are headed to?)

Ana Popovic tonight at City Winery (Philadelphia).
  18. Ears of Tin

JVC does not get much respect

Circa 1995 I had a JVC receiver (RX403), CD player and tapedeck that shared Compu Link connections. All still functional but packed away.
  19. Ears of Tin

CONFESS!! How many on AK are like me audio cheapskates, dumper divers etc?

Went to Best Buy for a laptop power supply for my Hifiberry Amp2. Inside the front vestibule they had electronic recycling bins that were overflowing with discards. Saw what I needed right on top and left a happy (non)customer.
  20. Ears of Tin

Sorry just saw your quetion now. Currently connected to Pioneer FS52s, another impulse buy when...

Sorry just saw your quetion now. Currently connected to Pioneer FS52s, another impulse buy when I caught them on sale. They're relatively inefficient at 87db so I'm pleased that the DA-9 can drive them so well. Typically listen with volume knob at 20 out of 70.
  21. Ears of Tin

What tickets are in your pocket? (What's the next concert you are headed to?)

Just ordered tkts for Tedeschi Trucks Band at WXPN festival for my wife's birthday. She's not familiar with them but she will be by concert time (kinda like when Homer bought Marge the bowling ball:)).
  22. Ears of Tin

Raspberry Pi Software (Volumio right now)

One man's Bach is another man's Grateful Dead - I also have to scroll through folders rather than search. If you still want to play the CDs, rAudio (nee Rune) can control a CD player attached via USB.
  23. Ears of Tin

I'm a Linux user but I believe 7-zip in Windows will extract .xz files. From their site: The main features of 7-Zip High compression ratio in 7z format with LZMA and LZMA2 compression Supported formats: Packing / unpacking: 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP and WIM Unpacking only: AR, ARJ, CAB...
  24. Ears of Tin

Loving these Boston HD8 speakers!

I still use a pair in a spare bedroom and I'm proud to say I'm the original owner.
  25. Ears of Tin

Some may differ but I believe the risk of plug pulling is that files on the SD card being written or read at that moment may become corrupted. Since the first advice you'll get from any of the authorities on player sites is to reimage your card you're probably going to fix that if it had...
Back
Top Bottom