Search results

1. Rex Runner

member GRIDSLAYER.. An unspeakable act of kindness

Gridslayer had posted a vintage pair of Kirksaeter X-7D speakers on Craigslist at a very fair price. Immediately I showed interest but because things are not going well at my employment , I had to pass on these near mint beauty,s. Today he showed up at my door and offered them, for free. He even...
  2. Rex Runner

HARMaN Kardon A50k filter caps

Cardboard cans Each has 1 cap @ 150uf 200v Need directions on how to use discreet caps instead of ordering new cans
  3. Rex Runner

Can anyone decipher this transistor??

Any one
  4. Rex Runner

THE ALLEN SPEAKER COMPANY HC-16 U

A pair of these recently popped up. Been looking for a pair of big party speakers but absolutely no info on this Allen model. 15” woofer. 6” mid. 1” soft dome tweet. Lets take a look inside.. Woofer resembles Eminence with a huge motor.
  5. Rex Runner

VINYL PROS does anyone recognize this name in deadwax?

On a early Rush S/T 1st pressing
  6. Rex Runner

MARKSHAN...very nice

Goes the extra yard when packing vinyl. Purchase with confidence from this AKer Thank you
  7. Rex Runner

jaybirdss396 What AK Is All About

I received a vintage Kenwood Quad today for the grand price of the price of shipping. Not only that but time and effort was put forth to make sure this vintage piece arrived safely. Bomb proof packing. The media,s rhetoric paints our nation as evil, divided, and hopeless. Ya know what? I think...
  8. Rex Runner

CATMANBOO can do

Jerry stopped over yesterday and did me a HUGE favor by loading up his car with stuff I no longer want/need. Both of us were professional in keeping "social" distance and wearing masks. Ohio is getting real bad. I had to stop the visit short because my unheated garage was actually colder inside...
  9. Rex Runner

DO SOME CARTRIDGES not work in CERTAIN TURNTABLES?

I own a AT-120PL (the 1st version, not the newer "LP' version) Bought last year still sealed in the box Only a couple hours on it I recently picked up a AT120E cartridge new with genuine Shabita stylus For some reason I am getting a humming and platter rotation on left channel only Cart is new...
  10. Rex Runner

MCS 3253 anybody own one?

Need a pic of the inside of one
  11. Rex Runner

WHICH SPEAKER WORKS BEST?

I rebuilt a tube amp several months ago from a console pull. Currently using the pre amp from a Pioneer receiver hooked up to a huge pair of very efficient SP-300,s. They are 8 ohm. At normal listening range, about half volume from the pre amp, I must say, it sounds rather pleasant. But if I...
  12. Rex Runner

TUBE AMP pre amp socket NON POLAR CAPACITORS

Those small capacitors, many time disc, on the pre amp socket grid Do those go bad? Any benefit replacing those? Upgrade?
  13. Rex Runner

CAPITOL 838 tube amp console pull ANYBODY FAMILIAR?

Here is an odd bird Pulled out of a Capitol stereo console Uses 6an8 for drivers 6CZ5 for power tubes Anybody ever heard of this guy?
  14. Rex Runner

WOULD YA TRADE??

Need some opinions I have a pair of Boston Acoustic A150 series iii in walnut with fresh foam and they are straight out of the box mint condition Someone has offered to trade a pair of DCM Time Window 1A Would ya??
  15. Rex Runner

JBJSR WHAT AK IS ALL ABOUT

Tested a set of tubes for me for a rare amp project I’m involved in. No charge. And shipped them back to me. No charge I’ve met some great fellows on AK And he is one of them Stay safe my friends
  16. Rex Runner

CROSSOVER CAPACITOR QUESTION ?

Proud owner of a mint pair of Boston Acoustics A150 One day I felt the need to add a little heat while listening to a Rush song Hooked up to a restored 2235 I maybe hit 12 o,clock and heard a tweeter blow Crap I thought. Maybe pushing 15 watts? What the hell I pulled the tweet and it ohmed out...
  17. Rex Runner

ANYBODY KNOW A SOURCE FOR POWER TRANSFORMER REPAIR/REWIND?

I have a Motorola Transformer that needs rewound Not from a tube amp but a vintage arcade video game Factory manual has no info on voltages, nor does the schematic Any leads appreciated Looking for honest and fair repair THANKS!
  18. Rex Runner

TINY DIODE. ??

I’ve seen these these little devils before Very small and fragile one might think they are insignificant What to replace with? A general purpose diode? D5 The round ball w the green dot
  19. Rex Runner

Diode Suggestions

These are in a Motorola project as the rectifier Listed in the parts list as: 91A07 91A10
  20. Rex Runner

DWALLER131 Exactly what its all about

He offered up free boxes of vinyl... And even paid shipping!!! That, my friends... Is what its all about Thumbs up!
  21. Rex Runner

TRANSISTOR SUBSTITUTES (this one is for the pros)

Im restoring a very old Atari Arcade Game These are voltage regulators 5v 73v Anyone have any idea how to sub these? (it still solid state)
  22. Rex Runner

AMERICAN ACOUSTICS LABS

We all think "white van" I havnt plugged these in yet but I have been searching and cant find another image of a pair like these I do believe the red woofers are original
  23. Rex Runner

HOLMES PROJECTOR COMPANY 6L6G BRUTE

Anybody familiar with these?
  24. Rex Runner

PIONEER SX-828 HIGH OFFSET. Real high

This started with a rebuild of the power supply The 2 watt 330 resistor got so hot it scorched the board Powered up fine Decided to rebuild protect board including diode mod That went well also But right before I went to adjust bias I’ll be dammed if an output shorted Rebuilt amp board with all...
  25. Rex Runner

QUESTION FOR THE MARANTZ GURU(s)

Can I use the PT from a 2220 on my 2235?
Back
Top Bottom