Search results

1. Tom Noel

My new Denon DRA-75vr integrated amp

I have a question on this amp. I want to power a subwoofer at low impedance input. Can I use the preamp output to feed the sub?
  2. Tom Noel

HK PM640 integrated amp: adding preout/main in jacks ???

Did you consider tapping off of the headphone out?
  3. Tom Noel

Tamon TS-4040 - What Can You Tell Me?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news for all of the naysayers, but my brother in law had a set of these he brought back from Okinawa in 1978. They were probably the best sounding speakers I've ever heard. Ive been trying to find a pair for myself since. Do they look the best? No. But I've seen an...
  4. Tom Noel

Harmon Kardon HK 385i Problems

If they added it, I'll take it. Mine has about a 2 second delay before the speakers kick on.
  5. Tom Noel

Harmon Kardon HK 385i Problems

The 330i does have a relay. It delays before putting sound to the speakers on mine. There is an audible click when the relay kicks in.
  6. Tom Noel

Perfect. Thank you so much. I don't know why I over looked that. Maybe because it's labeled as a processor, rather than a pre-amp. Dummy me. :)
  7. Tom Noel

I just bought one of these. I turn it on, it powers up, but no sound unless I crank it full bore. Then there is a faint sound through the speakers. I checked the speaker connections several times, good. I checked to make sure the tape monitor is not on. I also pushed the buttons on and off for...
  8. Tom Noel

Great score today - Denon DP-23F

I just found one of these with an Ortofon OM-30 stylus on it. The stylus alone is worth 10 times more than I paid for the Denon receiver, CD player, and turntable. I'm ecstatic over this find. The cover will need to be buffed out as it has a lot of scratches on it, but the person I bought it...
  9. Tom Noel

Hello from Chicago

It's changed a little since 1994. Lol. A few bigger buildings and a few more dangerous neighborhoods. Ha ha.
  10. Tom Noel

Hello from Chicago

Buffalo Grove area Dave.
  11. Tom Noel

Hello from Chicago

Thanks Dave.
  12. Tom Noel

Hello from Chicago

Thank you.
  13. Tom Noel

Hello from Chicago

I was born in McHenry in 1961. The old hospital is a retirement home now. I'll just go back there when I'm old and wore out. I can leave from the same place I came in. Lol. I have family in McHenry too.
  14. Tom Noel

Hello from Chicago

Love the Harman Kardon header on your profile. I'm a huge fan of their gear myself.n
  15. Tom Noel

Hello from Chicago

Definitely a huge Cubs fan. And so far they're off to a great start to this season.
  16. Tom Noel

Harman Kardon hk560: bias keeps rising

I have an HK560 and have yet to experience anything like this. Yes, if I push the volume for a long period of time, the amp gets warm, but never hot.
  17. Tom Noel

CLEANING VINYL - The AK compendium of fact, fiction and collective wisdom

Has any one tried a quick wipe with a Magic Eraser? I did it with an unplayable Carol King Tapestry lp. When I was done, I could actually use it. Of course you'll want the Magic Eraser to be wet and then dry the vinyl with a microfiber cloth. I don't recommend this cleaning method for good...
  18. Tom Noel

My oldest receiver amplifier, Harman Kardon HK560.

My oldest receiver amplifier, Harman Kardon HK560.
  19. Tom Noel

Hello back!

Good to see you here. I guess you and I are relatively close neighbors. I look forward to seeing your posts. And yes, the Facebook vintage pages can get pretty brutal. I've stayed though. I'm always willing to share and learn from others. Buffalo Grove here.
  20. Tom Noel

Hello from Chicago

Hello all. My name is Tom. I'm from the Chicago area. I look forward to seeing what you all have going on.
Back
Top Bottom