Search results

1. doctorrazz

Best DAC with Streaming under $300?

You can still find Bluesound Node on eBay for under $300. Had mine a few years and excellent sound.
  2. doctorrazz

Full CD Quality Streaming Is Already Here & High-Res Coming Later This Year

Not arguing that point, from a streaming perspective, MQA lossy, is still a good option, and the best option for streaming 16/44 Flac files, 24/96 files and above. It sounds better than anything I have in my dated library, other than a few of my AIX Blu Rays. Going to give the Qobuz a try when...
  3. doctorrazz

Is MQA in your Future?

Until full hi rez streaming, of original 24/96 and above content in in the market place, Tidal/MQA is the top dog in the Streaming business. Qobuz is not available in Canada yet, and I look forward to it hitting the marketplace.
  4. doctorrazz

Tidal/Roon and to a smaller part MQA have resurrected my long time Audiophile interests. I think many of us have long ago, ripped our libraries, with inferior technology. We have become slave to the ease of sitting couch potatoes, with a computer on our laps, large search screens, and the world...
  5. doctorrazz

Is MQA in your Future?

Most of the MQA process is based on Flac, it is their fancy origami process that does give a great spacial quality, soundstage to most tracks. Most that complain have never heard it, and usually own a hard copy or have downloaded the original a $20 bucks a pop per track. We all self justify our...
  6. doctorrazz

Is MQA in your Future?

The industry is in a quandary, with the MQA lossy product, gaining notice in the streaming/consumer realm, it has merits at this point, but why stream lossy, when full Lossless streaming will be hear soon. Can you turn off the MQA and get full lossless, 24/96 and beyond. A product that supports...
  7. doctorrazz

Bluesound Node 2 vs. Sonos Connect

I did a AB comparison at a friend of mine's house, he uses the Sonos/Deezer hi fi, and has B $ W diamonds, with a pair of DB1 subs, Bryston amp, great system, connected my Bluesound Node to his system but as noted above the output was 6db down, my bud was forced to crank up his pre-amp to level...
  8. doctorrazz

Chronology of Speakers you've owned?

Well, my first speakers, were amped up radioshack speakers for a home TV record play combo. Epi floorstanding speakers were my 1st venture into hifi. My dad blew them up listening to Boots Randalf, way past clipping, with a Marantz. Then went to university and got a 12" pair of Cerwin Vega's...
  9. doctorrazz

What makes you pick a particular Music format?

Here is another recent Article of relevance. ANDREW HARRISON - 2/5/2017, 02:22 MQA explained: Everything you need to know about high-res audio "Reservations noted, MQA successfully packs high-resolution music, tangibly more detailed than CD, into a friendlier size. That downsizing is not for...
  10. doctorrazz

Agreed, I have Fibre to the house, and unlimited data plan, so bring it on. Content only to get better.
  11. doctorrazz

We did a comparison between a Sonos connect streaming Flac and my Blusound Node with MQA and surprisingly there are almost no content to do a ABX comparison. I agree modern Digital well recorded music in Flac and streamed is almost indistinguishable for the MQA comparison. It is the older...
  12. doctorrazz

Thanks for the Link. Time will tell. "It is debatable whether those alterations are audible, but as we learned from the past, any compression scheme that works with assumptions about our auditory system (e.g. MP3 & AAC) have been proven wrong with new research at the horizon. As long as...
  13. doctorrazz

Yup there is a a leap of Faith that the Record label, Artist, have all signed off on the authentication. That is the reason for the Blue light, or digital readout of Rez quality. It could be some smoke and mirrors, but that is the Sales Pitch. Archimago has some Objective data...
  14. doctorrazz

I hear you, Valid points, I bought into Pono Player when it was in the Kickstarter stage, and got out with a $50 loss when the smoke and mirrors, was exposed. They were not accepting Credit Cards from Canada, so I did not buy any larger bit bucket content. But once again, I am not buying any...
  15. doctorrazz

That I think will be a small market, as per all the discussions on the relevance, perceived quality of MQA. I am not ready to get my fat ass out of a chair to change CD's, I do listen/watch BlueRays in 5.1. There is a very limited supply of well recorded soundtracks and content in BlueRay...
  16. doctorrazz

There is a multitude of options toward improving the average music listener's experience. Coming from the Bottom up, streaming 16/44 in ACC, Flac, Lossy format. Most people out there only use their present device, phone, computer to stream Bluetooth. Jumping up the chain to a DAC that is 24/96...
  17. doctorrazz

Yes read those reviews, MQA files from my experience sound slightly better than the standard CD streaming version, sampled at reputable shop and upgraded to the Bluesound Node from my Sonos Connect. For a extra $5 bucks a month, and a $100 upgrade, I am listening to streaming music again, and...
  18. doctorrazz

Streaming, Streaming, Streaming, only relevant if your streaming. Many DAC companies may or have not chosen to support MQA. Some have and there is a ever growing market for music streaming, who aspire for the best quality experience. Yes the 196/24 files MQA are slightly larger, I cannot hear...
  19. doctorrazz

I concur, but JayZ was one of the original investors. They do have almost all of my music Collection available, Blues, Jazz, Classic Rock, you just have to search for it. The MQA tracts list is growing slowly, but they are well worth it. If you search their Masters Playlist, you can find some...
  20. doctorrazz

The Primary relevance of MQA is for music Streaming! If you already have a large HiRez music library and a good DAC, no need to hurry and buy a MQA compatible DAC. But to those with entry level DAC or who are streaming Bluetooth, to their stereo, the Tidal HiFi subscription, which offer 3-400...
Back
Top Bottom