Search results

1. R

Ran out of characters. Good morning and thank you in advance for any assistance. You are a God...

Ran out of characters. Good morning and thank you in advance for any assistance. You are a God around here, i'm grateful! Thanks!
  2. R

Hi, AR XB off Craigslist a week ago. Told just needed a belt. TT powered up, spindle that turns...

Hi, AR XB off Craigslist a week ago. Told just needed a belt. TT powered up, spindle that turns the belt spun w/power. Get belt, install it, nothing. Motor humming but wont spin the platter. When I spin the platter manually the belt creeps out of the 33 and into the 45 groove.
  3. R

Energy Connoisseur C4 vs C8

I'm not knowledgeable enough to understand that, i'll have to do some googeling. Is that something easily done? I assume that would mage the 8ohm act as a 4? Sorry, just over my head. Excited to hear there may be an option so thank you!
  4. R

Is the home theater craze over or what?

I love a good SACD or DVD-A in 5.1. If you haven't heard one on a properly setup system with quality components and speakers you don't know what you are missing.
  5. R

I believe it. The C-4's with just the single woofer blew me away. I put on an SACD with "Girl From Ipanema" 2 channel and turned off the sub. Couldn't believe how well it handled everything including the low's, adding the sub back in actually muddied it up a bit. Now here's the bad part. The...
  6. R

Speaker replacement OHM question...

Ok....called Energy up (Klipsch). Explained the situation and they said using the 8ohm from the C-8 would make my system 12ohm, assuming the tweeter is 4ohm and that would starve the tweeter and likely blow it eventually. Anyone?
  7. R

I agree but am not personally sold. Soundbars w/Bluetooth for example, haven't heard one yet that blew me away like a nice 5.1 setup. I have an inexpensive Polk soundbar and wireless sub in the master and half the time it refuses to sync. I'd LOVE all wireless but at least with hard-wiring you...
  8. R

Thanks for the input. Unfortunately I have no way to measure the good woofer or how to actually do that. I'll Google it up out of curiosity, I think I have a volt meter out in the garage somewhere but I've never used it, I'm assuming that's whats used to measure but again, not a clue...
  9. R

Boggles the mind for sure....
  10. R

I'm finding the same thing happening here in SWFL in regards to people dumping wonderful stuff. I've a B&K AVR-307 I picked up for $125, other stuff like a mint Pioneer $750 receiver with 7 HDMI ports for $40 along with a mint pair of Energy Connoisseur C-4's for $60. Ton's more but I won't bore...
  11. R

Hi all, Just picked up a mint pair of Energy Connoisseur C-4's. Long story short I blew a woofer in one. Did a bunch of research and found that the C-8 Connoisseur's used the same woofer just had two per cabinet instead of one. I'll post the specs of both below. Here is my question, I just...
  12. R

Thanks for the info. I assume your not sure about the woofers being the same. While digging I did find that they seem to look and spec the similarly, the crossovers change the specs a bit I assume. Here's what I found, I'm thinking the C-8's will be identical, it's just the crossover that...
  13. R

Hey ZeroG! Quick question, I just snagged a pair of mint C-4's for $60 from a 65 y/o gentleman that listened to nothing but low volume radio. I hooked them up to my B&K AVR-307 and they were so sweet sounding I almost cried....lol. Anyway, yesterday I was listening to a NIN SACD in...
Back
Top Bottom