Search results

1. Wolfmother

What is the best reciever for Boston A200's?

I am looking for a new setup and I've decided on the Boston A200's (possibly the 150's) as far as speakers go but I don't know what receiver would sound best with them. I'm not trying to break the bank but I want something that can healthily take them through their full range. I was thinking...
  2. Wolfmother

Need Technics SU-8600 schems

Many of you know HomerJ and he has graciously agreed to work on my Technics SU-8600. However the link I have to the schems is dead and I have searched for them on the web and have been unsuccessful so far. If anyone had a copy of these schems and could send me them I would be very happy.
  3. Wolfmother

need SU-8600 schematics

does anyone have the schematics for a technics SU-8600? My Dad and I are going to try and locate the a problem it is having with the pre-amp with our oscilloscope. The schematics are a necessity for this project. If someone who has the schematics could scan them and send them as a pdf to me I'll...
  4. Wolfmother

SAE Two P10 specs

I have recently come by one of these through a trade and was told that it is a 100w amp. However, the 'bay informed me that it was a 50-70w amp and through research I have found that specs are incredibly sparse on this item. Any help would be hot.
  5. Wolfmother

JBL 100t vs. HPM 100

I have a set of HPM 100's (as seen in my avatar) and am thinking of trading them for a set of JBL 100t's. The person who has them is and hour and a half away from me so I cannot go there and just listen. Any thoughts?
  6. Wolfmother

need help connecting color organ

I have a color organ with two rca plugs and I am wondering how I am supposed to connected it so I can get a light show, thanks
  7. Wolfmother

Tube tuner aquired, what is its worth?

This tube tuner is from a 50's cabinet set and when I plug it in, though i have not tested the sound, it smokes from one resistor (so i turn it off and do not plug it back in). The lights come on and when a change stations it seems to effect the signal strength meter. The model is a Scott type...
  8. Wolfmother

A+B series or parallel?

I have a technics SA-700 and i want to know if when I put it in A+B mode does it put the speakers in series or parallel and is true for all recievers/ int amp / seperates?
  9. Wolfmother

quad+ advents

I have double stacked advents and am wondering if anyone has quad or more and how they sound because I am looking into getting more large advents. Does it sound better or just louder? Because they are so cheap I could have 6 pair advents playing for a VERY reasonable price. Thanks, AK RULES!
  10. Wolfmother

HELP!!! need someone in charlotte to pick up a vintage piece- will pay!!!

I am in college at NC state and have made what I hope to be my first vintage find. It it located in Charlotte, however, I live in Raleigh and am unable to pick it up. Seller is willing to hold it but only for tonight. I will give you $20 to pick it up and I have a friend going to Charlotte in 2...
  11. Wolfmother

East or West?

I have 3 sets of speakers running, double advents and HPM-100's. I prefer the advents and I have been told that is because I prefer the east coast sound. Just wondering what you enjoy more, East or West?
  12. Wolfmother

Technics SU-8600

I recently purchased an SU-8600 (i will not be able to have it physically for about 2 weeks) and am wondering what kind of quality its' pieces are. I've heard that technics do not have the best pre-amps but I have heard good things about the particular unit. Do the pre-amp and amp stand alone...
  13. Wolfmother

Best Boston Speakers/Reciever/amp/pre-amp combos

one of my previous posts did well, what speakers does Zeppelin sound best through, and now I'd like to know what Speakers/Reciever/amp/pre-amp combos are best suited for listening to Boston. I have a technis SA-700 hooked up to double advents in the first channel and HPM-100's in the second...
  14. Wolfmother

can you find vintage audio at flea markets?

I'm going on my first hunt for vintage audio at the flea market tomorrow and I wanted to know if I can expect to find anything or if anyone has any tips, thanks. I live in Raleigh, NC if that helps.
  15. Wolfmother

Double Advent Wiring?

I've just aquired Double advents, how do I wire two sets into one channel correctly? Thanks guys.
  16. Wolfmother

Help! Need connectors!!!

I recently bought a Technics SA-700 receiver and a pair of HPM 100's. However, I spend all of the money on the receiver and the speakers and the little metal pieces that connect pre-amp to amp were missing so I bought some cheap rca cables. I did not realize until I bumped the rca's while...
  17. Wolfmother

Best Zeppelin Speakers?

Just wondering what people thought were the best speakers to listen to Zeppelin. Pics would be awesome.:thmbsp:
  18. Wolfmother

Hpm-150 & Hpm-1500

I just joind audiokarma yesterday and I am wondering what the difference between the HPM 150's and the HPM 1500's. Is it only that the 150 is 125W and the 1500 is 250W? I currently own a pair of HPM 100's. Thanks a lot!
  19. Wolfmother

HPM 150 vs 1500

I am just starting to get involved in the world of speakers, I purchased d-7's, mach two's and some old rtr hpr-12m's but my best find were my HPM 100's. I started looking online because my friend has some HPM 1500's and I was wondering if anyone knew the specific differences between the HPM...
Back
Top Bottom