Search results

1. HiFiAaron

Infinity Qe Bargain. Gotta LOVE the Emits!

I just picked up an old pair of Infinity Qe speakers last night for basically nothing. I was not looking nor do I need more speakers...but I found these at such a low price I couldn't help but go look at them. I had to laugh at the poor little kenwood receiver the guy used to attempt to power...
  2. HiFiAaron

Will a Phono Pre amp do? or do i need a new receiver/preamp?

Ok so I'm not exactly new here, but its been a while since i came around. My set up is as follows Pre amp/Receiver - Yamaha RX‑V663 Power Amp - Crown Macro-tech 3600vz Speakers - Mitsubishi Ms-20s(powered by the Yamaha receiver) and Infinity Renaissance 80s(powered by the crown)...
  3. HiFiAaron

What to power Renaissance 80's with?!?!

I have a pair of Renaissance 80's and was uncertain weather to keep them or not. But after listening to them many times the hunt for a better amplifier begins. I'm currently using a Samson s1000 amp and a Yamaha RX-V663 receiver as a preamp to power them. I am pretty satisfied with the the...
  4. HiFiAaron

Vintage 70's Century speakers???Info???

Hello again fellow audio lovers, I have found some century speakers claimed to be from the 70's but do to JBL's awesome century series it makes it hard to find anything about these Century branded speakers in between the cracks of all the jbl info. I cant even find a pic that looks like these...
  5. HiFiAaron

Celestion g12s-50 8ohm to 4ohm voice coil???

Hello again, I have a pair of Celestion g12s-50's that are blown and rated for 8ohms. I want to recone these but the only parts I can find for the model have a 4ohm voice coil, found here https://qsr.net.au/shop/speaker-recone-kits/celestion-g12s-50-4-recone-kit/ I would actually prefer to...
  6. HiFiAaron

Mitsubishi ms-20 recap help

Hello everyone, I am recapping my first set of speakers, a pair of Mitsubishi diatone ms-20's, and was hoping i could get a little advice. What type of capacitors should i get? Mitsubishi used Rubycon Nonpolar Axial Electrolytic Aluminum Capacitors originally that are 13mmX31mm in the 15uF...
  7. HiFiAaron

dfs loudspeakers info?

Hello again, I recently picked up some dsf loudspeakers for cheep. They definitely have some mass to them, my guess is 40-50lbs a piece. there are two 8" woofers and two tweeters that are not identical. they are held in with silicone and what appears to be 5/16 head metal screws. From the look...
  8. HiFiAaron

Carver TFM-45 Problem

I was recently offered a Carver TFM-45 for under $100. The right side meter bounces all the time. I do not know what it does while its hooked up to a speaker. When you turn it up and down it changes the speed of the bouncing. I am curious if anyone might know what the problem may be and how hard...
  9. HiFiAaron

Infinity Renaissance 80 styles?

Hello everyone, my friend has a pair if Infinity Renaissance 80 speaker for sell, but i cant seem to find any pictures on google that look exactly the same. Here are the pics, I'm curious if these are knock offs or just a different style than most? Any input would be appreciated.
  10. HiFiAaron

Speaker Vise/Holder name and where to buy???

Hello, I have been interested in and appreciated high end audio equipment for a while now but am newer to diy repairs and upgrades. I have used the information on audiokarma for some time but finally need an answer to a question i couldn't find. I have seen these vices used to hold...
Back
Top Bottom