Search results

1. luke46

Help with 1959 Zenith SF185r.

Hi all! It has been a incredibly long time since I have posted on here and on this thread. First, I would like to apologize on behalf of my 17 year old self on my lack of grammar :biggrin: I am now 20 years old, and I am living in my own apartment right now since I was 18. The Zenith Console...
  2. luke46

1987 Sherwood S-2770r CP

I have a 1987 Sherwood S-2770r-cp. It has been in my family since my dad purchased it along with two Cerwin Vega D-2s. Thats a story for another post. So it was my familys stereo. We used to throughout my childhood till we moved out in 2011 and didn't have time to set it up. It was given to me...
  3. luke46

1987 Sherwood s2770r cp issues

have had this sherwood receiver in my family since 1987. Equalizer display doesn't work radio only works in mono and some lights don't work. Any solutions?
  4. luke46

Zenith SFD2535r. LONG story (warning lol) and well advice on restoration??

Anyway I can upload a video here?
  5. luke46

Hello, new here. 17 year old from ohio beginner

Thank you all. Writing a new thread about my aunts zenith console as we speak. Hopefully you guys enjoy the story once it is up, sorry if my posts are too long for you guys, stories are my speicality.
  6. luke46

Oh wow a young one like me lol. Thanks for the warm welcome, will add ya
  7. luke46

Thank you all for the warm welcomes. I appreciate it so much :) Hopefully I can learn stuff while gaining knowledge. I guess I am all you guys apprentice lol.
  8. luke46

anyway I can upload a video? I took a video of how the console sounded Before it shocked me I was amazed of how great it sounded. So i am thinking it isn't the tubes that are bad its the caps. The bass and everything was so phenomenal. I also hopefully nothing got damaged because there was no...
  9. luke46

Did that. I immediately unplugged it as soon as it shocked me like seconds after it did so hopefully nothing went wrong
  10. luke46

Thanks for the great advice, I appreciate it! I haven't had that bug with hifi equipment, well in my mind I have but have fought it mainly because of well money says more than desire lol. I've made most of my budget dedicated towards vinyl the past year and it has paid off for sure. Have over...
  11. luke46

Glad to hear :) I'm a outlier of my age group as they call it
  12. luke46

Glad to see cincinnatians among myself!
  13. luke46

sounds good :)
  14. luke46

Will do How much are their services usually?
  15. luke46

Thanks Luke. Glad to see more of my namesake lol
  16. luke46

Thank you so much. I think I'll definitely shoot a message. Yup I'm pretty sure that's what's gonna happen. Not sure of how to get the radio chassis off. Anyway I can bring him the entire cabinet?
  17. luke46

Also there has been a storm coming through and there is still lightning happening and although there hasn't been rain in a bit still lots of lightning. Maybe that contributed ??
  18. luke46

Also to answer ur question about records, well I have 200 in total 100 45s and 100 lps. One of my records is fleetwoid macs rumors wvich is one of my all time favorites
  19. luke46

Thank you all everyone. I appreciate it. I am in the cincinnati area, aka the Queen City. I am looking for someone to completely restore my zenith. I would do it myself except I don't have any electronic experience what so ever. I unfortunateky discovered the hard way there is a bad line to...
  20. luke46

Oh yea definitely. Looking for someone in the cincy area to help
  21. luke46

Well I got my iPod playing Whitney Houston and prince and the revolution. Sounded great that bass goddamn. Well I think I plugged it in the wrong side (no ground) I am honestly not sure bc I think the chassis grew hot and well fifteen minutes into play I was fiddling with my iPod and suddenly...
  22. luke46

Thank you very much I will sure that I know it will come in handy. . Is this how I select tape?
Back
Top Bottom