Search results

1. tommywpg

Your having audio issues? Maybe the troubleshooting flowchart is the solution.

https://avahifi.com/pages/troubleshooting-flowchart
  2. tommywpg

Help Me Troubleshoot a Boston Acoustics A70

Aaaand ... Solved. I connected directly to the speaker and got sound. I connected to the terminals and got sound. Turns out it was the receiver. A dirty selector pot was causing intermittent signal to one of the sides. I'll take care of that tonight. Thanks for the responses
  3. tommywpg

Thanks for the reply. I really like how they sound. I'm becoming an east coast speaker fan for sure. I'll hold off on the recap right now. I just want to hear them again. Pretty sure its not the receiver as I tried another pair and they worked fine.
  4. tommywpg

Refoamed a pair of A70s last Christmas. The refoam was pretty easy. Once the glue was dry, they sounded great. The was an issue with one of the spring terminals. The red plastic part had cracked and fell apart as I was fussing with it. I continued to try out the speaker with a range of music by...
  5. tommywpg

Identify this Sansui receiver?

http://imgur.com/9ZwrbJR
  6. tommywpg

building a (largely) vintage surround system cheap

I've put together two home theatre systems for friends on a budget. The first was three pairs of "the best $50 dollar speakers ever (bestbuy bookshelves)" and a five year old nicish Yamaha surround receiver we got for $100. It sounded really, really great. I did it again for a little more money...
  7. tommywpg

ID These Polks?

They must be 10s as the serial has a 10 followed by another number.
  8. tommywpg

ID These Polks?

Thanks for that. I always thought the 10s were much taller.
  9. tommywpg

ID These Polks?

Which of the monitor series is considered the best of the bunch?
  10. tommywpg

ID These Polks?

Thanks for all the info.
  11. tommywpg

ID These Polks?

The back of the speakers are in the new link. The fuse and serial number are seen. They're definitely clean.
  12. tommywpg

ID These Polks?

Please stand by...fixing links and am doing a terrible job of it.
  13. tommywpg

ID These Polks?

These are up for auction nearby. Any info appreciated. As always, I am grateful for AKs help. http://auctionnearyou.maxsold.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/716/lot/80880/?url=%2Fmy-items%2Fwatchlist%2F%3Fpage%3D2
  14. tommywpg

Help with cleaning up a pair of Realistic Minimus.6

Thanks, Mark.
  15. tommywpg

That makes sense. Thanks for the vinegar suggestion. Would deoxit also be appropriate? Still concerned about finding and attaching a new spring. I am more of a soldering iron owner than user. I will clean them up as per your advice and then figure out the remaining issues. Now to find a 6w...
  16. tommywpg

Grabbed these cool powered speakers for 4 bucks. Vintage Radio Shack cool. Though I am a big Realistic speaker fan and own a couple of pairs of the Minimus 7s, I had never heard of these. I just grabbed them without really inspecting them. Alas, they came with two pairs of vintage Eveready...
  17. tommywpg

B&W 201i Speakers

I was thinking $75 to $100 myself. Any other info? Feedback?
  18. tommywpg

B&W 201i Speakers

Can anyone tell me a reasonable price for a pair in very good condition? Thanks.
  19. tommywpg

B&W 201i from Garage Sale

Thanks for the info. They have been sounding great on my vintagesque HT set up.
  20. tommywpg

Info on these speaker stands?

It does look more like an a. OK, then. Thanks for the intel.
  21. tommywpg

Funny, I couldn't make out the logo. I love EPI speakers. Find your old stand and I'll have a matched set.
  22. tommywpg

I need some stands for some lovely B&Ws I found at a yard sale. I have no experience with stands but these seem OK. They are for sale locally for $35. Any insights appreciated. BTW, I'm not too concerned about the cosmetics as I will paint them anyway.
  23. tommywpg

B&W 201i from Garage Sale

I grabbed a pair of these 201s for $20 at a yard sale yesterday. I do like how they sound. They might become part of a home theater setup after I get to know them a bit better music wise. There is very little info available. Any insights guys?
  24. tommywpg

I love these Baby II Advents

I have found these to be very hard to find in Canada. The price is higher, but still worth it to me.
  25. tommywpg

I love these Baby II Advents

I actually picked these up with a friend in mind, but after settling in and listening to them, my friend might be out of luck. I really like these shallow little speakers. Very impressive.
Back
Top Bottom