Search results

1. Danglin

Help needed on Marantz 2270 FM Tuner Section

Thanks for that and the advice. I've forwarded onto him in hopes that he'll better understand how to get the best sound possible. Anyway, I definitely believe it's just user error and that he wasn't trying to swing a better deal after the fact. Now, I think I'll go and enjoy a glass of...
  2. Danglin

Okay, he finally sent me the videos, to which I've linked here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IixrHi2sK7LIV-baRK4m1MeIO36hcRKC/view?ts=5a9a078d https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b_LGfQynWID2rfk3n4X_0iFL3-Jk0Ui-/view?ts=5a9a078d Again, no antenna connected and buyer claims he tested with...
  3. Danglin

Thank you so much! I might take you up on this offer! I do have videos in the next post, and they may help determine a course of action.
  4. Danglin

Well, I guess we're going to find out soon!
  5. Danglin

This very well could be the case. And if true, the buyer will be disappointed because I'm arranging to pay the shop directly for any work to resolve this issue. Not going to just take the buyer's word for what needs to be done, as I just don't trust him.
  6. Danglin

Yeah, I'm wondering if the cold had something to do with it, too. It did have to traverse the upper-midwest last week, so that may not have been the best thing for it. Supposedly, he's sending me a video of the issue, so we'll see. I have located what appears to be a reputable shop that...
  7. Danglin

Thanks, neighbor! It didn't occur to me that the Muting button may have been inadvertently pressed while packing or unpacking. I'm guessing that the lack of an antenna, along with the Muting button being in could cause what the buyer is seeing. I'll make sure he checks this!
  8. Danglin

Hi Everyone, I recently sold my Marantz 2270 via eBay. Had it serviced and checked out and given a clean bill of health by Doug at Audio Specialties here in Portland, Oregon. Buyer, who happens to live all the way in New Jersey, indicates that the FM section is not working at all...No static...
  9. Danglin

Speaker suggestion for HH Scott 299b

I might take you up on an audition of the Forte's, as I am curious. I have a set of A-25's paired with my Sansui 4000 in another room. At some point I'll probably drag them downstairs to try with the Scott. Right now, I'm really enjoying the KLH Model 6's with it. I ran RCA 12AU7's in the...
  10. Danglin

Can anyone make a suggestion on input tubes? It's got JJ 12ax7's, which I know aren't the greatest. Is there something better besides a $200 set of Telefunkens?
  11. Danglin

You definitely nailed it!
  12. Danglin

Amp showed up today. Sounds bloody good through the Model 6's. Not sure if I even want to bother dragging my Dynaco A-25's down the stairs to test. I'm amazed at how tight the lows are from this combo, balanced by the present mids and just-right highs.
  13. Danglin

Thanks for this! I'll ask about it!
  14. Danglin

They've been recapped and doped and sound amazing!
  15. Danglin

Thank you all for the suggestions. I know have an idea of what to look out for. Now it's just a matter of find a good deal on one of these sets.
  16. Danglin

How much does it cost to get into tube hi fi?

I'm about 3 months into the tube game, with a Chi-Fi 6550 being my first foray into this exciting universe. Fantastic sound for the $600 (shipped) that I spent, but I found myself wanting to step back in time, so I have a Scott 299b on the way. It's been restored, so I'm excited about the...
  17. Danglin

Just picked up a Scott 299b, which is currently inbound. Looking to pair it with some speakers that will bring a nice open sound, but don't want to break the bank. Current available speakers around the house are some KLH Model 6's and Dynaco A-25's. Would like to know what y'all would...
  18. Danglin

Greetings from Oregon!!

Thank you all for the welcome!! So, should I buy an ST-70?
  19. Danglin

Greetings from Oregon!!

Thank you!
  20. Danglin

Greetings from Oregon!!

Longtime lurker, first-time poster...well, maybe second time! Been on the site since early last year and I have to say that you all have done an exemplary job in spending my money. Because of the influences here, I've quickly descended from modern AV equipment (which I still enjoy in our...
  21. Danglin

Noob.

Noob.
Back
Top Bottom