Search results

1. harleyrider

Turntable ground to Dynaco equipment

Ok , so where do you ground your TT to a Dynaco PAS2 / ST70 set up ? I have it hooked up now and have tried ground on both the amp chassis and the Pre chassis. Still have hum at any volume . Its not terribly bad but very noticable. Just wondering what else i could try ?
  2. harleyrider

KA-3500 Output replacements and drivers

Ive been searching around here looking for replacement #s for the Outputs and drivers for this KA-3500 So far all i have is (i hope these are correct) ? MJE15033/15032 or MJL21193G/94G These i think are still available from Mouser? or 2SC2565/2SA1215 which i cant seem to find at all...
  3. harleyrider

Motorola SK 70MA console tuby

Kust picked this up today and wanted to share some pics . I havent even had it in the house for a half hour . Its playing and sound great , bought from original owner . Console is in very nice condition and came from a nice home . I know nothing about this and i havent opened up the back to...
  4. harleyrider

Bang Olufsen turntable

Any inputs on this TT at would be greatly appreciated . I found this locally and just wanted some back ground on it if anyone knows. I think its from the mid 80s ? Thanks
  5. harleyrider

Cornwall II Rear panel speration

Well ive had my Cornwall IIs for a couple years now and really enjoy them . At times they do see high levels of volume . Today i noticed a sound coming from the left speaker. At first i thought i had a woofer going bad (voice coil rub) . But after looking more into it i found that the rear panel...
  6. harleyrider

Pioneer Sx 1250 fresh rebuild GOING INTO PROTECTION

Ok i just finished this rebuild a couple months ago. http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=447716 This receiver only has maybe 12 hours or so play time . I have this set up in the bedroom connected to a pair of CS 99As , Only source connected is a...
  7. harleyrider

Pioneer Rt 707 rewinding/fast fowarding

Ok not sure if this should be in Pioneer or tape forums but here it is . I dont have the manual for this , ive had it for some time and it works great and ive just learned how to use it as time goes by . What is the correct way to rewind and fast foward the tapes ? Unless i use my forearm...
  8. harleyrider

Pioneer 9500II and tube receiver scored today

Just got home with some stuff today , Havent checked it out but just had to show ya .Details to come later , the old receiver got my attention .
  9. harleyrider

Pioneer HPM 100 200watt version ROUGH CONDITION

What would a pair of HPM 100s be worth ( 200 watt version), i found a set . I would have to drive about a hour each way to get them . The cones are all pushed in , cabinets are a but rough , no grills . The seller says all drivers work but thats all i can go by . Got pics by text but they are...
  10. harleyrider

Sherwood S9910 Receiver Bad outputs

I have a this Sherwood S9910 thats been in the closet for quite a while . I dont really know the history on it so i have to just jump in . Main fuse on rear panel is blown 6A 250V outputs checked all 8 which 3 are bad TR652b TR653a TR654b Is there any known problems with the...
  11. harleyrider

Got me a Sansui AU 9900A

Got me a Sansui AU 9900 ( not the "A" ) version as thought Just picked up some more gear yesterday , havent had time to check it all out just yet . Past owner says the 9900 worked but had a prob with the phono section not playing out of one side ????. I havent had a chance to even look...
  12. harleyrider

JVC CD-1970 cassette deck

Can anyone tell me a little about this deck . Just picked it up but dont know anything about it . Does power up , but will not play, rewind or fast forward. When trying any of these it will just click out of the mode selected. Doesnt spin at all . If you have the pause engaged then select a mode...
  13. harleyrider

Fisher 450 reciever to get or not ?

I have a chance to get this very clean 450 from a guy here local no shipping. Actually im getting the 450 and a Dual 505 TT and a older nice silver faced JVC cassette player/recorder its a big one not sure of model # . Just curious if its worth messing with. I cant seem to find a SM on the...
  14. harleyrider

Sansui 771 NO POWER

Just got this out and decided to try and get up and running . I know nothing about its past . It is a very clean reciever inside and out . No power or lights when powered on . Tested 120v ac at switched and unswitched outlets . Plugging another source in to these outlest and the source will...
  15. harleyrider

Need tuner help on my Philco 46-250

Got this nice little Philco am radio from a buddy . I replaced all tubes with NOS tubes . It powers up and light works but when adjusting the radio stations i get no noise from it until about half way through the rotation of the tuner . Then you do hear some noise through the speaker but not...
  16. harleyrider

Pioneer SX 1250 back to life

Ok here is the SX 1250 i got back in Feb of 2010 . Its been a long haul and alot of reading here on AK. http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=284214 I thank everyone for there help . You cant beat AKrs and there knowledge and support. This has been totally recapped and all...
  17. harleyrider

SX 1250 (AWF-021-A) transistors

I was wondering if i can use 512-KSC2383YTA for Q11 and Q12. I seen that the BOM list had 512-KSC2383YBU. I went to order the YBUs but there no longer available or were out ? What is the difference ? I think some of the letters at the end are for packaging ? Thanks
  18. harleyrider

Pioneer SX 1250 AWR-106 Board insulators

On the AWR-106 board , i noticed there wasnt a insulator on the Q12 transitor 2SD325R-E . Should i put one there or not ? I do have insulators for these transistors already if needed. Thanks
  19. harleyrider

Pioneer SX 1250 outputs mixed?

Im in the process of going through one of my 1250s and was cheacking the outputs . The left side i did 1st , it has the original NEC 2SD600 and 2SB555 in it . Went to the right side and pulled the covers off and noticed that someone has put NTE brnad in place of the NEC. It has NTE88 and NTE87...
  20. harleyrider

King size Mattress suggestions (firm) only

I bought a Sealy Posturpedic Emarald Bloom king size bed around 5 years ago . The bed simply sucks and is killing my back . Its like laying in a hammock. Im looking for experienced suggestions only please on what bed you have and if you like it ? How long have you had it ? Only King size...
  21. harleyrider

Deoxit products

Just wondering if anyone has found that best place to order Deoxit D5 and FaderLube and other Deoxit products from ? Ive been searching around on line but the prices are kinda all over the place , shipping is the killer . Thanks Chris
  22. harleyrider

Help identifying these sansui speakers

Can someone help me with a model # , year, possibly specs on these endtable type Sansui speakers . Im going to need to repair/replace pots so i need to know what im looking for as far as part #s go . Also going to recap them . Also have more pics in the Exclusivley Sansui post...
  23. harleyrider

Help identifying these speakers Sansui ?

Im trying to figure out what the model # is and time period for these speakers . They are in need of a recap and new pots, just not sure where to find the pots just yet or what would be a good replacement ? Thanks for any imfo at all on these speakers , one still has the glass the other is...
  24. harleyrider

System for today Tube/Solid State , Eq

Ya its a mixture but boy its sounds really good to me right now going through my Cornwalls . Marantz 2250B used as Pre with the AudioSource Eq feeding the Dynaco Mark IIIs .
  25. harleyrider

SX 950 Blowing main fuse

Well i had hoped not to have to do this but......... Ok my sx 950 had the common problem with the Q5 transistor on the AWR 101 board . Read through the threads , replaced the 2sc1318 with the 512-ksc2690ays. thats the only thing replaced at this time . Turned power on , relay clicked . So i...
Back
Top Bottom