Search results

1. M

1 Male to 1 Male & 1 Female RCA Splitter Cable

Oh man of course… lol. Seems so obvious but thank you for pointing that out!!
  2. M

Correct, but I figured I’d be using a separate cable from the sub to the receiver (plugged into the female end of the splitter). If I’m losing a tiny bit of signal with another connection, I’d rather it be to the sub than the main in.
  3. M

I want to connect a subwoofer to my Marantz 2270 & feed it off the pre out jacks. Does anyone know of an RCA splitter cable that has a male RCA at one end & one male and one female on the other? Seems that would be better than a splitter off the pre out and extra cable back to the main in jack.
  4. M

Fixing a hum/buzz & phantom radio

Ok I found something interesting. I took a UPS and plugged the DAC into it, leaving all the other components connected to the wall. I disconnected the UPS from the wall, so the DAC is being powered ONLY by the UPS battery. And the hum is completely gone. When I plug the UPS into the wall...
  5. M

It does not have an internal preamp, and it does have a ground lead that is connected to the amp.
  6. M

Ok so I disconnected my Technics and replaced it with my old Pioneer PL-530. The hum is virtually non-existent — if I crank the volume way last 12 oclock (far louder than I’d ever listen) I can hear a faint hum. Disconnecting the DAC eliminates it entirely. I can easily listen to records like...
  7. M

I was able to get one of those 3 to 2 prong power adapters, essentially removing the ground pin from the turntable. That reduced the hum considerably, but it’s still noticeable enough to be annoying. Everything is connected to a power strip with a a ground pin though. But not sure how I could be...
  8. M

I haven’t tried a different RCA cable from the turntable yet. Going to stop at Best Buy on my way home from work and pick up one for testing. I also ordered a Morley “Hum Exterminator” on Amazon last night - supposedly this little device somehow fixes ground loop noise. Rather pricey at $80 but...
  9. M

There’s no hum or noise on the DAC at any time. The only time I hear the noise is when I have the receiver on Phono and the DAC is connected.
  10. M

The only device in my setup with a grounded mains cord is the turntable.
  11. M

With the DAC connected but powered off, the hum does persist although it’s quieter. And with the DAC powered up, disconnecting the RCA cables does cause the hum to go away. Sorry I might have misstated something earlier. All that given, does this mean I have a ground loop? The only device in...
  12. M

That’s correct.
  13. M

Disconnecting the DACs audio cables gets rid of the hum. I tried swapping the DACs audio cables last night as well & that had no effect, nor did moving it to a different input on the amp.
  14. M

I have a Marantz 2270 receiver, Technics SL-100C turntable, Topping D30 DAC and a WiiM Mini streamer. And I have a quite audible hum on my turntable when the DAC is hooked up. When I turn the DAC off, the noise decreases substantially, but it’s still audible. When I disconnect the DAC from...
  15. M

Pioneer PL-530 Issues

I have a Pioneer PL-530 with some issues I’m hoping someone can point me in the right direction to fix. I’m getting a hum when it’s powered on. The hum is dramatically louder when the ground wire is disconnected, so clearly it’s grounding - but it’s still audible when you turn up the volume...
  16. M

Marantz WC-22 Cases?

I took a break from audio for a while, but my latest purchase has sucked me back in! I picked up a Marantz 2270 recently, but she’s naked. She really wants a nice wood case. I recall a fellow here was building and selling them a couple years back, but he doesn’t seem to be active anymore. Any...
  17. M

New to me 2270

Interestingly enough I gave the controls a once over, the mode selector knob was a little staticy when I turned it, so cranked it back and forth a few times and the problem seems to be gone. Happy coincidence or oxidation/crap in the works - either way I’m a happy camper :)
  18. M

New to me 2270

I do actually. I’ll give that a shot and see what happens. Did you have to replace the differential pairs on yours?
  19. M

New to me 2270

Just picked up a 2270 from fleabay - came with a documented repair history and was a pretty good deal, but Houston we have a problem… Almost immediately after powering up and playing music, I’m getting some crackling noises in the left channel accompanied by reduced volume. Then after a few...
  20. M

Monoprice 25 watt hybrid tube amp

Took the bottom off, looks like there might a couple of cooked components?
  21. M

It's this one: https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=13194 They claim it has a tube preamp. I'll try contacting them and see if they have any suggestions.
  22. M

I picked up a 25 watt monoprice tube amp from goodwill today, it looks great but the sound output is no good. Loud humming, weird cracking noises, and very low output of the actual music. The tubes light up, but I have no idea if they are good. Is this type of behavior typical when the tubes...
  23. M

Pioneer SX-737 Hum

Hello, Picked up a Pioneer SX-737 from Goodwill the other day, beautiful cosmetic condition and works great except occasionally when I turn it on, there is a loud hum from the speakers. Hum increases with volume. If I turn it off and back on again, hum is gone. Any ideas on what could be going...
  24. M

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

April 22, 2017
  25. M

Sansui 5000A Goodwill Find!

I found an immaculate Sansui 5000A this weekend at a Goodwill. It appears to have been donated by its original owner, and even came with an envelope with the manual, service manual, some old repair receipts from 1976, and a military shipping slip that appears to show it being shipped stateside...
Back
Top Bottom