Search results

1. V

Looking for an owners manual for SAE Mark XXX preamp

Thanks all. Thats the service manual, I was looking for an owners manual. Roy O, Yea I bought same one. Its in awesome shape, looking to get some more SAE pieces to add to my system. Thank you.
  2. V

Looking for an owners manual for SAE Mark XXX preamp

I recently bought a SAE Mark XXX preamplifier to pair with my SAE 2200 amplifier. I am looking for a copy of the owners manual for the Mark XXX.
  3. V

The Official *Technics SL-1200* Owners Club

Ruined a perfectly good 1200. GO PHILLIES!
  4. V

Hands on: Technics SL-1200/SL-1210 MK7 review

I just clicked the link in this thread to the Guitar Center page, its listed on sale right now at $999. Your milage may vary. If you were one of the people who said "If it was under $1K I would buy it" now is the time to pay up.
  5. V

Ugliest Headshell Ever Made!

I want one of these adapter heads in the worst way.
  6. V

Ugliest Headshell Ever Made!

I love the look of the Concordes on the 1200s. I have one on mine.
  7. V

New Technics SL-1500C Introduced!

The 1200 MK7 is looking to be priced at $1,200. I would anticipate this table around there, maybe more because of the cart cost.
  8. V

Technics SL-1200mk7 for those that are waiting

Early reports put the price at $1,200. If that is true I'll just buy a 1210GR.
  9. V

New Technics SL-1500C Introduced!

Wow I don't know how this squeaked through without hitting the news. Looks like I great table that inherited the new motor and motor controller of the 1200 series. If it is cheaper then the 1200 series I might look into this instead of the MK7 or GR (although that is where my heart is)
  10. V

Technics SL-1200mk7 for those that are waiting

If we are playing Price is Right, my guess is $1,000. I would still choose the GR if it is that high, but I am waiting to see what the actual differences between the two are, because it seems to be a GR with reverse, although I am sure the platter is different.
  11. V

Apple Music on my Echo Dot. Very Pleased.

I got an Echo Dot to replace my Sirius XM radio plugged into one of my stereos. Now I will also be using it with Apple Music. I might get another one for my other system if they go on sale again in a few months. I set Apple Music up on my other Dot but I haven't used it yet.
  12. V

Odd Rub on a Technics Turntable Platter, Is this fixable?

I would check and make sure the platter is not distorted, check the hole for the spindle too and make sure it is in good shape and letting the platter seat right on the spindle. Check the bearing and make sure it isn't the source of the noise, lubricate it while you are looking at it. It could...
  13. V

Apple Music coming to Amazon Echo Dec 17th

Good news. And the most of the speaker are still on sale for those who are still interested. I bought a dot for my stereo to replace an old Sirius radio. Thinking about getting another for my other setup now.
  14. V

3 Gen Echo Dot $24 bucks.

They are on sale still in some stores, I am thinking about getting another off the news that they will now work with Apple Music.
  15. V

So my son got me a record...

My SL-1200 MK2 has been known to dabble with Hip-Hop/Rap. I mean, they were heavily involved in the beginning of that music back in the day anyway!
  16. V

3 Gen Echo Dot $24 bucks.

I got one to replace a Sirius radio I have plugged into my stereo (got it at staples, used a $20 ink recycling reward). Saving $10 a month, the SQ is better, and I get more channels. I have another one in the kitchen, along with an Insigina Google Assistant alarm clock and a HomePod in the bedroom.
  17. V

Technics SL-QX300 Quartz DD Auto

I have a QX-300 as well. How is the suspension on yours? Mine was pretty much shot. I used the glove fix to get it going, but would like a different solution.
  18. V

North Carolina

Good luck. You will be in our thoughts.
  19. V

My systems

Also, just going to add this here, my new favorite t-shirt!
  20. V

My systems

This system doesn't belong to me, but it is one I put together for a good friend of mine as his wedding gift. While he isn't what I would call an audiophile, he loves music, and just wants to listen. So the theme of this system was best sound within the budget while being easy to use. The...
  21. V

Cleaned up quite nicely, Techincs SP10-MK2.

Fantastic! It makes my heart feel great when I see people save the old Techs.
  22. V

how to measure SPL w/ smart phone

The US Government has an app for that. It is called the NIOSH Sound Level Meter App. It is completely customizable and lets you know where things stand in when it comes to your hearing health. I used it to tune my subwoofer in my 2.1 system, worked fine.
  23. V

What are the best LP protection supplies?

I use the Mobile Fidelity inner sleeves on every record I own, which granted, isn't many, but I feel it is worth it.
  24. V

Airport streaming - disappointing SQ so far

I have 2 Airport Expresses in the house for AirPlay, one I go optical out to the Wolfson DAC in my Onkyo A-9010 integrated amp. The other I use with my vintage system, that one I use the DAC built in the Airport express. Both sound good to me, especially if I stream from my iMac that has the...
  25. V

Don't like Sony MDR-7506

I have ATH-M50x for Pop and newer music, but I love to rock out with my Grado SR80e. I was comparing the ATH-M50x and the Sony 7506 when I bought the ATs, I thought at the time that the ATs were better for the money.
Back
Top Bottom