Search results

1. W

New to me rs2’s. Done buying speakers.

Well not done, but done hunting for my mains. I paid $500 for these and an hr drive. The seller wasn’t the most pleasant to deal with and nothing rude or anything but there were long gaps in the conversation and you could just tell he was almost upset in selling them. I didn’t haggle or anything...
  2. W

Yamaha P2200 dropped a channel

Picked up a fairly cheap working p2220. Ran it for a few weeks after checking offset and bias. It needed just a slight adjustment to get 10mv on both channels and very close to no offset. It had the slightest of hums on the left channel despite checking out and sounding very nice with Polk...
  3. W

Allen hc12 project.

Well, I picked these up and was disappointed to find no original drivers but the peerless tweets. I will be looking to find replacements for the eminence low pass drivers and not sure what I will do with finding the 3.5 peerless mid range drivers. The is a pair on the auction site but my luck is...
  4. W

Electro Voice fr12’s-2’s Holy smokes!!!

Shout out for knowing these were going to be good from seeing it here! Did ev do a cab with a bit more air space? ( a la heresy’s) These are good! I will be looking for the tweet surrounds. They have been busted by over tightening. Usable but buzzed when I first auditioned. Boston at half...
  5. W

Sansui g871 db

I should be posting a new acquisition later. Non working so I will need some audiokarma live. Fingers crossed as he is holding while we finish a family Christmas up. Edit...Got it!!!
  6. W

Hafler DH200 question

These were able to be configured to run as mono correct? Anyone ran them as such? Sorry if you spend the time to answer this as I know I can dig on this and find out. Thanks!
  7. W

Sa3000. Holy cow!

Picked up a sa3000, pl3000, and tx3000 tonight. The amp is pretty impressive in build quality and sound it’s currently pushing a pair of Polk monitor 10’s. 30 watts! Lol. Impressive! Phono section may have a problem as into a track halfway through or so it will pop through the left channel and...
  8. W

Pioneer sx1080 "smoker project"

It has became a project so I started a new thread. Working slower has already helped! Following thread was when I picked it up. https://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/got-another-one-sx1250-will-try-not-to-butcher.978271/ Things ordered and done 1. New outputs njw0281g and...
  9. W

Got another one. sx1250...Will try not to butcher...

Just got it home and cleaned up a little bit. Gave it a look for burns, scorching, bulgimg caps etc. Checked fuses and all were good. On the dim bulb for a power up. Took about 5 seconds and it came out of protection. Going to clean and lube the controls and check offset and bias. Fingers crossed.
  10. W

Celestion ditton info plz

Anyone know anyone stateside that does work on these? In particularly I need to find someone that works on the Rola low pass 12” drivers. Could also use info on the 12” surrounds for the passives. Info is pretty hard to find on these in the US. Thanks everybody and hope everyone is doing well...
  11. W

Sansui au317 won’t come out of protection mode

I think I can get this little dude but I had a few questions. Is there better scans of the service manual other than Hifi engine? Is the service manual correct in the bias proceeder as counter clockwise being all the way down or is it wrong like the g9000 and clockwise? I might not get to...
  12. W

Audio Dynamics. Any owners here???

I have not seen too many pieces of this stuff. A buddy of mine called one day and said “I heard you like vintage audio gear.” Of course I told him yes and asked why. He told me he had a couple amplifiers I might be interested in. Long story short I went over and he had a hk citation 17 and a...
  13. W

Sansui g9000db refurb time.

Well ordering some parts for another piece so I may as well put this up on the box for some love. Traded a pile O shat e420 Benz for this old beast and I think I did alright. I have diagnosed it as far as knowing it has two bad fused resistors on one f2806 board. I then made her puff smoke on...
  14. W

Pioneer sx1050 refurb. (Back where it all started for me)

Hey everyone! Been a long while since I have posted. I always do my research here and find the bulk of what I am after time and time again right here! I’ve got away from more simpler things and had to reel myself back. I’ll update some other things a bit later, but my latest project is a...
  15. W

question on using 7070 to feed another source

I am under the assumption I can use the tape source out to carry a signal to another source. When you switch on the tape source switch on my unit I lose sound to the speakers on the 7070. I would like to use both units. I don't want to loop anything back to the 7070 intil for sure I can. Thx! Ryan
  16. W

pioneer sx1280 chicago craiglist

Seco.d time it has been up for sale. $225! I have texted the guy and seems legit and he is a friendly sort. https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/ele/d/pioneer-sx-1080/6767518181.html
  17. W

Time Life Lp's of old.

Anybody have any? Not heavy pressings, but I have about 20 lp's of some classic country artists. Some of these I would think to be pretty obscure? Duets, the women, dang the Carter family, etc... A booklet with history that the kids and even muself have enjoyed reading. Pretty good stuff! These...
  18. W

Cheap mcintosh mx 113 indiana(not mone or affiliated)

Hope not a violation of the rules sharing this. Like to have it but strapped and it said no trades. lol. https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/ele/d/mcintosh-mx-113-stereo-tuner/6759518386.html
  19. W

gte sylvania speaker info needed plz.

a5858 model# gte/slyvania air suspension speakers. I can't find much info on these or any gte/sylvania speakers. Just curious as these speakers are very well built and sound very good. I was surprised as I thought they sounded better than a pair of epi 100's when comparing. The tweets on these...
  20. W

What to keep au555a or 7070

Opinions needed on which sansui I should keep. I absolutely think my au555a is the best thing I have ever heard sonically. All original and low use I would assume from condition both inside and out. If I keep it at some point it will recieve the Leestereo recapping. I also have a 7070 that is...
  21. W

Garrand rc88/4 help.

Been busy and I have had no time to listen to tunes or do much anything but work and baseball. Had some time the other day to listen to my rc88/4 and found I have some what I would describe as a thumping sound. I cleaned the contacts on the headshell as I had that problem once before. No dice...
  22. W

Sansui 7070 questions.

Eatly fathers day gift came in the form of a 1978 sansui 7070. Work on the golf course has me just swamped so I no longer have time to troll the classifieds for dealspretty good deal on this unit as it was known to have dropped a channel 30 years ago. The owner put it up in the closet. So...Very...
  23. W

Tube amp tech needed in or near NW Indiana

Well I have two sherwood s1000iii's. Both amplifiers are in original conditon and use the quad of 7189 power tubes. One works great and one needs serviced. Thinking I should just have these both serviced at once and be done with it. Kind of curious as to how one goes about finding a good...
  24. W

Rare yamaha ns30b's. Wow!

I hope I am not breaking policy by posting this. I can't find much info on the web on these speakers and am very curious. These are not mine and no way do I know the seller. Thought I would share.... https://akroncanton.craigslist.org/ele/d/vintage-yamaha-pair-floor/6528159234.html
  25. W

Sherwood s1000 replacement knobs

Did a search and pulled up nothing specific. I am wondering what outlets there are for the "D" type connection knobs used on these vintage tube amps. One amp I have has the cream colored knobs and another has black. Fleabay my only option? Thx much!
Back
Top Bottom