Search results

1. breakfastipa

Acoustat Model 2 Full Restoration Thread!

Hey guys! Just picked up a set of Acoustat Model 2s from LA and drove them back to Oakland. They look pretty ratty, the interfaces are completely rusted, battered cloths, and chipped wood bases (which I helped worsen moving them into my station wagon and back home). So I've decided to do a...
  2. breakfastipa

Acoustat Model 3 advice

Hello, I'm currently looking at getting some Acoustat Model 3's for around $500 (+$300 freight shipping from FL to CA). I'm currently living in a 450sq ft studio with limited space but I feel like it could work. There would definitely only be ~1 ft of distance from the walls. Is it kind of...
  3. breakfastipa

NAD 4020A FM tuning

Hi, I'm trying to adjust the FM tuning on my 4020A and it appears to be off by ~1-2Mhz. I don't have an oscilliscope or anything to verify the tuning. It's a bit difficult to tell by the service manual which adjustment I need to make (I was going to use by trial and error, using a good station...
  4. breakfastipa

Technics SA-300 no audio (only hum) on right channel

Hi, I found a SA-300 for $10 yesterday which I have cleaned/de-oxed all of the external/internal pots, switches, and fuses. However, there is still no audio on the right channel but audible noise on the right even when the unit is turned off (I'm testing using headphones). Any suggestion for...
  5. breakfastipa

HELP NAD 6040 belt replacement

Hi, Does anyone have a service manual for this deck? I have been searching for one for weeks without any luck. I'm trying to replace the belt on this deck and can't figure it out. The belt is wrapped around the capstan with no way to remove it. I'm basically removing random screws at this...
  6. breakfastipa

NAD 6040 stopping during record/playback

Hi, I have a NAD 6040 which stops periodically during play or record. Any idea how I can begin fixing this? Thank you
  7. breakfastipa

Service Manual in Eng for Denon DN-770R

Hello, I'm looking for an Eng service manual for this deck. HifiEngine only has one in German. Thanks for your help
  8. breakfastipa

Service/User Manuals for NAD 6040

Hi, would anyone happen to have these and may be able to send them to me? I haven't been able to find these online. Thanks for your help
  9. breakfastipa

NAD 3020B always measures AC voltage out of left channel speaker

Hi, I'm trying to fix an issue with my NAD 3020B where the left speaker channel hookup is constantly measuring ~130V via multimeter. I've already disassembled, de-oxed most of the unit, and checked the fuses. This is my very first amp repair, but I have recently overhauled a reel to reel deck...
Back
Top Bottom