Search results

1. Kate O'Leary

how to add an image into "member's system pics"?

Hi olson_jr, The drag and drop option is a good one. Also, yes, "add media" is what I was wanting to do. Thank you for the pics showing the steps. It took me a few different tries to get it right, but I got it. It seems like one should be able to do it using one of the little clickable camera...
  2. JWdWattersonSpeakers

JWdWattersonSpeakers

Thinking about getting these from eBay. Seller is asking $250, which is pretty high from what I've read for the "thump-ability" of the speakers. Still, I love the cabinets, which might be custom.
  3. Kate O'Leary

Watterson speakers

Thinking about this lovely pair on eBay http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/o9IAAOSwuLZY5ULU/s-l1600.jpg
  4. Kate O'Leary

how to add an image into "member's system pics"?

Well, I want to post a photo to a thread, and I haven't yet found how to do this. When I go to my account page, it's not clear where to add images. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!
  5. Kate O'Leary

Zenith Reverb Console?

Hmmm, OK, maybe it's a bit of a gimmick. Gimmicks can be fun sometimes. But I kind of get you. Across the 80+ years of jazz artists and sub-genres that I love -- I just can't abide the vibraphone. P.S. I like your .sig file
  6. Kate O'Leary

Good tube literature

Well, I'm a newbie, but a serious newbie. Here's a quick FAQ / Intro guide -- I just found via Google search. http://austinstereo.com/vacuum-tube-audio-faq What I need to learn is how to maintain a vacuum tube stereo and how to think about energy consumption. Having been a lazy-butt solid...
  7. Kate O'Leary

Has anyone seen a console with a "reverberation" knob?

Thank you, cademan. I will check on that thread.
  8. Kate O'Leary

Zenith Console Stereo Need Info

thanks for the tip on Sam's Photofacts !
  9. Kate O'Leary

Zenith Reverb Console?

Okay, I was doing a search on "reverberation" , not "reverb" so now I have a thread to follow and add to. I have my eye on a Zenith with a "reverberation" knob, and I'm curious as to what sort of sound effect it allows? Like, would you use it for music that already has reverb, e.g. Patsy Cline...
  10. Kate O'Leary

Has anyone seen a console with a "reverberation" knob?

Here is a link to a console that I am considering, found on eBay. It's a Zenith, and I don't know the timeframe for this model. But it is a beauty. The unique thing that caught my eye is a "Reverberation" knob. I did a search here and have not seen mention of this feature. If anyone has any...
  11. Kate O'Leary

Hello, AudioKarma world!

Greetings, AudioKarma folks! Well, I have been coveting vacuum tube console stereos for a little while now. Not just because they're supposedly "swank" but because I'm a vinyl freak and a little bit of a gearhead. My older brother was a serious gearhead. He passed away 2 years ago and I miss him...
  12. Kate O'Leary

Newbie here...Sears Silvertone Console Phonograph Issue

Hi all! Here is one I am coveting at present: http://www.ebay.com/itm/182541652732 A Zenith console with a knob for "reverberation". Patsy Cline, here I come!
  13. Kate O'Leary

How many lovely things have fallen by the wayside after an "ex" situation? Many, many lovely things, and of course, many ugly crap things. Much as I think I can take it all with me when I'm gone, I know I cannot. Maybe I'll just pass on some excellent elegant junk to my next of kin.
  14. Kate O'Leary

Then there is this one -- in Muncie Indiana. Not as keen on the cabinet design of this one as I am of the prior one I posted. Anything I find on eBay would have to be a "local pickup" and I'm specifically looking at items that are within a half-day's driving distance. And, naturally, I would...
  15. Kate O'Leary

But isn't South Florida where all the gorgeous MCM stuff goes to die? ;) My father lived in Naples, and it was nice to visit, but -- no offense -- I would not want to live there. Honestly, a console stereo is just one of those "nice to have" things on my list. It would be great in the master...
  16. Kate O'Leary

Well, the seller says that all electronics are working. And I specifically asked about the speakers. We'll see, I guess. Sure, it would be lovely to find one at a thrift shop or on the street... but still, I'm tempted. Thanks, Manny!
  17. Kate O'Leary

Hey, I'm also new here and thinking of buying a Silvertone from an eBay seller. It's in southern Ohio, I'm in Detroit, Michigan. Inn researching these consoles, I found this posting on the same model that Amy's been working on...
Back
Top Bottom