Search results

1. Dennis Gardner

Jelco Tonearms Victim of Covid 19 Environment

Sad to see this happen! They have been such a solid tone arm choice for many years! https://www.analogplanet.com/content/tonearm-manufacturer-jelco-covid-19-victim
  2. Dennis Gardner

Hope for hearing loss.....

Thought this was interesting, still in the testing phase, but who knows what it could lead to? Anything that corrects the issue has got to be better than the age old hearing aid options on the market...
  3. Dennis Gardner

Altec Stash Being Unloaded in OKC.

No affiliation, just a dealer gone out of business that held tons of vintage pro gear is now offering some... https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/msg/5441478852.html
  4. Dennis Gardner

Long term audio memory?

I recently had a eye/ear opening experience while getting back into my long neglected album collection that surprised me more than you could imagine. I experienced a long term memory of an exact album being played for the first time in over 30 years. I instantly was transported back as soon as...
  5. Dennis Gardner

Where has the history and common sense gone?

I don't intend for this to be a heated debate or political discussion, but why can't everyone realize that the new car seat laws put into place to remedy deaths from the new air bag laws that now require young kids to be hidden in the back seat in their car seats is the main reason for the huge...
  6. Dennis Gardner

Turning back the hands of time for me.

Just got a nice piece of my audio history. This is the same amp that my dad got me started in audio on in 1974. What a great 16th birthday present, huh? My Dad worked for a Marantz dealer and I drooled over the Marantz receivers and integrateds running into Frazier Speakers. Not a bad memory...
  7. Dennis Gardner

"Part it out?" or "Pass it on?"

Small rant on my part:I've seen a recent trend on eBay of sellers parting out full vintage speaker systems that are in great shape and would command top dollar if auctioned as a system properly described and photographed. Is this strictly for financial gain? I know that we all need parts to...
  8. Dennis Gardner

Funding your retirement through Marantz

If I only had a couple of 1000 of these to sell over the next few years, I could have that nice little place on the beach. Marantz Receiver It is really a nice example but isn't this a 2-3 fold premium for the black model? If I was a nice silver edition, I might feel reverse...
  9. Dennis Gardner

Frat-Guy stuff, but ya Gotta Laugh

You gotta look close! Gotcha!!
  10. Dennis Gardner

Got Allison's?

Does anyone have any Allison's around the forum? I know they were kind of quirky, but I just loved the Allison Fours that I had during the middle 70's! I have been looking around for another pair of originals, but know that they don't show themselves very often. I felt that Roy had a knack...
  11. Dennis Gardner

You gotta see this!

I couldn't believe this when I saw it. I may send all my speakers in need of surround refoam to this guy.:D Scroll down to see what I mean.
Back
Top Bottom