Search results

1. S

Shocking Experience!....literally! What was yours?

Thanks! Glad I joined this forum - could have saved me a nasty shock!
  2. S

Shocking Experience!....literally! What was yours?

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but if I wanted to go inside the back of my tube console to clean it (stinks like cigarettes) should I be careful even when the unit is unplugged? How long do these things hold a charge?
  3. S

Philco J-1824-RW console

Yeah, it's a nice petite size. I think only 29" across. Some of these things are absolutely massive, so it's rare to find one that suits as an end table without dominating a room. Attached a couple of pics of it in the space.
  4. S

Hi, sorry for the delay. Yes, I'd consider selling. I love the design but I'm no expert in...

Hi, sorry for the delay. Yes, I'd consider selling. I love the design but I'm no expert in audio, so my initial plan was to gut the insides. But after seeing everyone so passionate about the unit I'd prefer to sell to someone who will appreciate it. I saw on the thread you are based in Philly...
  5. S

Philco J-1824-RW console

I'm near Boston. Feel free to send me a message.
  6. S

Philco J-1824-RW console

Thanks all - good advice. I haven't touched anything inside it yet so it's still intact.
  7. S

Philco J-1824-RW console

Also spotted back there - mouse droppings!
  8. S

Philco J-1824-RW console

Thanks folks! Useful info so far. Photos of the back here. In the meantime I got the radio to work but a very poor quality sound, muffled and every time I move a dial there's a lot of crackling. Turntable doesn't seem to work at all - no movement or signs of life, and the needle itself is...
  9. S

Philco J-1824-RW console

Hi folks, New here and new to this type of equipment. Bought a Philco J-1824-RW console today from Craigslist. I'll be honest, mostly as a piece of furniture rather than what's inside. Exterior in very good condition. It doesn't work although does make a sound of some sort. I'm no expert or...
Back
Top Bottom