Search results

1. NWRES

anyone else running vintage Empire carts?

Sounds like another great option!
  2. NWRES

Thanks @wualta I appreciate your insight! I will give the new stylus a go.
  3. NWRES

I have an old Empire 999PE/X that I have not played due to a missing stylus tip. I am new to Empires. I measured each channel and it is reading 472 Ohm on one side and 442 on the other. Any of you more knowledgeable than I know if these are good readings for this cart? Or any ideas on how to...
  4. NWRES

SL1600mk2 Gear Repair

DCDi, that cracked gear in your photos should not have any play. If it seems loose, that may be the cause of the inconsistent drop location. I would replace the gear. It will continue to slip and eventually stop functioning all together.
  5. NWRES

Praise for truck

@truck Got a nice V15 IV from truck. It sounds wonderful! This is my first Shure cart so I can only compare it to my AT carts and my Denon. It sounds like a mix of my AT100E and the Denon 103. It puts out a little less than than my other MM's but a slight volume adjust and it really sings...
  6. NWRES

SL1600mk2 Gear Repair

Yes, I replaced the gear. It runs smooth now, but it did not fix all the issues. My TT still moves the arm all the way to the center, then the arm lowers, the platter stops, the arm raises and returns to the rest. This happens when I press the auto start. It works fine as a semi-auto. but I am...
  7. NWRES

SL1600mk2 Gear Repair

Great thread everyone! I am having similar issues with my 1600 MK2. I just ordered the gear from SDP/PI. FYI they now charge a $10 fee on small orders, so the $1.47 gear becomes about $22 with shipping. My question is, how important is it to trim the excess from the SDP/PI gear? Will it fit as...
  8. NWRES

Hagerman Labs - Bugle 3 phono

I also recently received a Bugle3. And I had a similar rhythmic background noise like the helicopter noise you described. I emailed Hagerman with an mp3 recording of the sound and Jim Hagerman replied the next morning telling me that the noise was from WIFI. My modem is near my stereo setup and...
  9. NWRES

Help Identify this Cartridge?

Good to know, thanks!
  10. NWRES

Wait, Jico has one as well, but it looks that same as the others and they do not specify anything special. Perhaps they are reselling one?
  11. NWRES

Thanks guys! I have been doing more research as you have all recommended and it so far I have found only round conical stylus that appear identical. The choices I see are from BLISS Needles, Electrosound, GSM, Micromel and Phanstiehl. So would an original Phanstiehl be a better choice than the...
  12. NWRES

Thanks Manfred. I took a look at stylus prices and they are very cheap. Is this a sign that this is a low level performing cart?
  13. NWRES

Hoping someone recognizes this old cartridge. It came from an old Technics SL D202. Any ideas? And is it worth saving?
Back
Top Bottom