Search results

1. John Barron

Yamaha YST-NC1; Both speakers have no bass just high frequencies

Why doesn't the manual say anything about reversing the speaker leads to the thing into phase? I know it can't be good all those high frequencies like that. It starts clipping when the volume is raised. I switched the copper wire to the negative and the silver to the positive as i suspected...
  2. John Barron

Yamaha Component System Active Servo Technology YST-NC1k YST-NC1c YST-SNC1

I haven't found a YST on/off switch. I don't know anything about getting them into phase. I was looking at a YST sub manual earlier and it mentioned something about low volume could be a symptom of the sub being out of phase. What's the amp post out? I posted all pictures in my post.
  3. John Barron

Yes, i just wanted to make sure. I like this set because the speakers disconnect. The JVC with the speakers you can't disconnect was a real PITA for many years. I'd also prefer my wife have her own little Yamaha set rather than playing on my new M-85/C-85/T-85/NS-1000's when she wants to...
  4. John Barron

Yamaha Component System Active Servo Technology YST-NC1k YST-NC1c YST-SNC1

Wow it's a small world. It's both of the air woofers on both of the YST-SNC1 speakers with no bass, low notes, or anything below approximately 2kHz and i hooked them up to my M60/C85 and it was the same thing except right away the amp clipped three times within about 20 seconds they clip also...
  5. John Barron

Good evening, Last week i ordered from a private seller on eBay a Yamaha YST-NC1 small component system to replace a similar sized JVC component system belonging to my wife The seller advertised it as the speakers sounding good and everything tested and working; tuner, cd player, left tape...
  6. John Barron

My 'new' Yamaha M-85/C-85/NS-1000's

That's an excellent idea. :beerchug: The second outputs are the inverted outputs. I don't know if that will make a difference on the spectrum analyzer. My M-60/C-60 came today. I really want to get both units into the shop and get this glue issue resolved especially on the M-85. I was...
  7. John Barron

I think your exactly right. The EQ will do more to soil the already clean sound than make it better. The 'Parametric Tone Control' on the C-85 already allows me to adjust the high and low frequencies to a greater degree than what I need. I'm trying to think how i would add it into the...
  8. John Barron

Yes, i noticed that yesterday. One of the channels to a speaker was turned up high on the previous song and the next song began with a series of high notes. I didn't like the way it sounded and neither did the tweeter. Like it was telling me "you don't wanta take me there." Avionic said...
  9. John Barron

Yep, pay me now or pay me a lot more later. Given the condition the M-85 is in it, using it uncorrected on a daily basis and allowing the deterioration to continue(likely an accelerated rate given its age) I would consider nothing less than negligence on my part. Does the C-85 preamp have...
  10. John Barron

That's I'm thinking. If you know Chernobyl is coming taking steps to avoid it would be wise. I love this setup. It sounds incredible. The power in that M-85 is no joke. I drove 1300 miles this weekend to pickup. The two components and the speakers from two different sellers. It was well...
  11. John Barron

Hello everyone, I've been reading your posts for several weeks now and i greatly appreciate the knowledge shared on these forums. There's a considerable amount of time and effort individuals here take to share their information with others. Thank you. My new M-85/C-85/NS-1000's Amp and...
Back
Top Bottom