Search results

1. Studio One

Speaker guidance for reggae fanatic

Ive owned TDL RTL 3 and 4s TDL Studio One, Celestion 15s and EPOS 14s and listened side by side for many hours to vinyl from Studio One, Treasure Isle, Black Ark, Matador etc and the only ones i use now are the EPOS 14s and if i want some extra Bass i have an Epos Sub :)
  2. Studio One

TDL Electronics Owners Thread

I just hope ive made the right choice on replacement drivers, I got a lot of mixed advice so my ears can decide that one :)
  3. Studio One

Thank you for taking the time to check for me i will order some 10-32 unf x 3/4" today :)
  4. Studio One

Thank You :)
  5. Studio One

The Mid/Bass driver are definitely not but tweeter maybe I bought a pair of Studio 1s with no mid/bass drivers and have no way of measuring the thread so i may have to carefully remove the old t nuts and fit new M6 ones unless i can find out what thread the original bolts were On modern units...
  6. Studio One

Does anyone know what size/thread the bolts are for mounting the drivers are on TDL Studio 1 ? 1/4" ?
  7. Studio One

TDL Studio 1

I decided on the Monacor SPH 170 mid/bass in the end as they are 185mm exactly the same as the original drivers and 4 hole mounting not like the SPH170c which were 180mm and 6 hole mount, they are a perfect fit and sound great :) now to get around to fitting new caps to crossover if all goes...
  8. Studio One

TDL Studio 1

That is correct
  9. Studio One

TDL Studio 1

If only i had them :( I bought the cabinets with no mid/bass drivers and trashed tweeters for £130 as a rebuild project
  10. Studio One

TDL Studio 1

My avatar is the actual speakers
  11. Studio One

TDL Studio 1

Moved to original post
  12. Studio One

TDL Studio 1

I realise that, but even Falcon Acoustics and Wilmslow Audio who have repaired and supplied replacement drivers for many TDL Speakers recommended the Monacor SPH 165 which they have used to good effect so I am concerned that mine may have been DIYed and I was annoyed because I ordered...
  13. Studio One

TDL Studio 1

It looks professionally routed and painted black the same as the rest of the front fascia so looks original
  14. Studio One

TDL Studio 1

Monaco 165 frame edge to edge is 165mm The outer routing of cabinet is 185mm and actual cutout is 150mm
  15. Studio One

TDL Studio 1

Hi all I just bought a pair of Studio 1s with no mid/bass drivers Online research stated they were 165mm drivers and a chat with Wilmslow Audio confirmed this They recommended Monacor SPH 165s as proven replacements Unfortunately now i have the cabs in my possession they actually have 185mm...
  16. Studio One

TDL RTL 4

New Tweeters have arrived Scanspeak Discovery D2606/9220.00 Replacement Capacitors (Supersound) fitted Things a sounding and coming together nicely :)
  17. Studio One

TDL RTL 4

I contacted Falcon and got this response . Hi Alan thanks for your email I think you wil be better off asking fellow TDL RTL4 owners about this, I suggest you go on to the forums and search for TDL threads. That way you will get the benefit of advice from people who may well have gone the...
  18. Studio One

TDL RTL 4

Crossover
  19. IMG_2389

IMG_2389

20. Crossover

Crossover

TDL RTL 4
  21. Studio One

Current: Rega Planer 3 with RB300 and Rega Carbon, Arcam CD 73, Audiolab 8000S, TDL RTL 4s

Current: Rega Planer 3 with RB300 and Rega Carbon, Arcam CD 73, Audiolab 8000S, TDL RTL 4s
  22. Studio One

TDL RTL 4

I can get Mundorf Ecap70 for £1.25 ea + vat Monacor MKP for £2.87 ea + vat Supersound (Ansar) for £4.70 ea + vat As price is no guarantee of quality should i go with the Mundorf even though they are cheapest.
  23. Studio One

TDL RTL 4

Just took connector panel off and Crossover is siliconed to the back of it 1 Resistor CMC 4.7k 100v 1 Capacitor ALCAP 6.8 low loss 50v Electrolytic 2 Air Cooled Inductors with no value or make printed on them
  24. Studio One

TDL RTL 4

Nexus This is what I know TDL Electronics RTL 4 20 years old approx 2 way, 3 Drive Unit setup using 2 x Electro Acoustic Industries 8DC 06 8 ohm Mid/Bass Drivers 222mm with polypropylene cones forward roll rubber surround and phase plug - long throw double wound coil on aluminium former with...
  25. Studio One

TDL RTL 4

Hi all I have just bought a pair of RTL 4s and have spent many hours trawling the internet for information on the internal construction to see if they are reflex like their siblings using a panel with cutouts Does anyone own a pair and have you upgraded/modded them ? As I found no info I just...
Back
Top Bottom