Search results

1. magnus_dopus

Bay Area must hit hifi shops

Berkeley Stereo is a nice little high-end stereo shop. They’ve usually got a nice selection of vintage and modern gear they’d be happy to audition for you. Plus, the owner Warren is a true gentleman who has many sound engineering credits to his resume, including one of my favorites, Waiting for...
  2. magnus_dopus

Original owner La Scalas on CL (Central Valley, CA)

Saw these locally, at $3,000 for the pair, I thought I’d share: https://merced.craigslist.org/ele/d/klipsch-la-scala-speakers/6459408845.html
  3. magnus_dopus

How many vintage receivers do you have?

Unfortunately, the number of units needing repair far outnumbers my working total. Working, in rotation: Marantz 2215 Marantz 2230 Sansui 2000A Yamaha CR-640 The bone pile: Concept 11.0 (in queue for a restore at Pacific Stereo) KLH Fifty Five Kenwood KR-7100 Pioneer SX-1010 x2 Sansui G-9700...
  4. magnus_dopus

Infinity 4000 Replacement Woofers

Thanks for the responses, guys! Will have to keep my eye on ebay. Additionally, anyone out there know if replacements could be pulled from an Infinity 3000 or 5000? Thanks.
  5. magnus_dopus

Infinity 4000 Replacement Woofers

Hey guys, Just purchased a pair of Infinity 4000s, with the original Peerless cone drivers. Unfortunately, at some point the original 12" woofers were replaced with two "Radio Shack Subwoofer". What would be an appropriate replacement to either improve the sound or to get them back to spec...
Back
Top Bottom