Search results

1. T

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Goodwill alert, Port Orchard, WA. I saw these while visiting. They are in the store as of 8/17/17 a nice looking pair of KLHs but their passive radiators have been removed I've not been here in forever. I'll have to sort how to attach pics..
  2. T

A Baseless Klipschorn claim

My Khorn saga has reached its conclusion; I've sold them, and I'm gonna miss 'em! The bass performance issue was incrementally fixed (surround repair, different source equipment) but the room issue couldn't be easily overcome. Multiple factors pressed the sale so off they go. The good news is...
  3. T

Harley folks, care to address this value question?

Well, you just down rated it substantially in my eyes. The picture made it a little worse. Obviously not a '58 front. I'd wanna try to track down the id on the frame. If it's a homemade or butchered frame I'd prolly walk. If it's an FL frame I might go 1500 and play with it.
  4. T

Harley folks, care to address this value question?

Yes. What all of them said.Hell, a 'basket case' that has all its parts would get the same money. It's a safe bet, buy it.
  5. T

A Baseless Klipschorn claim

Gosh, it's been a long time! I apologize for my absence; it seems that life interferes sometimes and various interests compete. The short version is this: the 'bassless' complaint is not the Khorns, it's just me. I think I'm just too jaded by years of direct bass from overdriven in-yer-face...
  6. T

Woofer ID Help

Yeah. I asked the guy to check it but he has no DVM. I was hoping it was a square magnet K33. I need one to get my Khorns matched back up. He's about an hour drive away so not gonna go there on a goose chase. I'm hoping someone can tell the specs by the numbers on 'em.
  7. T

Woofer ID Help

A local CL ad has a single 15" woofer that looks a lot like a K-33 but lacks the marking. The numbers inked on the magnet are (according to a phone call) are: J5494 and 67-8218 in green. The J is kinda smeared. Could be something else. There are no other markings on the speaker at all. Any one...
  8. T

Fisher speakers - any good?

When you see a Response Chart graphic... Usually a good indicator of bad speakers.
  9. T

Speaker ID Please!

Twenty bux each? I'm afraid I would've brought them home just for the sake of forensic curiosity. But you saw them firsthand. I guess they were really rough.
  10. T

We have a Winna!! White Van Perfection

I just now realized that my post didn't show the BEST part!! The Title: "HDef. Home Theater Speckers - $2000 (White Oak)" Can't believe I left that out! They're High- Def too!
  11. T

Console ID ?

I can't find it but it looks kinda Grundig-Telefunken-like but the logo might be Silvertone.... I'd hafta ask 'em for info.
  12. T

We have a Winna!! White Van Perfection

The next time someone asks the ever-popular "whatsa White Van speaker?" show them this! Note that these are actually the very rare "Speckers".
  13. T

Your thoughts on this seller's approach

I would expect that the buyer is playing dumb for the reason no-one has mentioned: He doesn't want anyone to claim he misrepresented the item in anyway. "I don't know what it is...you look and make up your mind and decide based on YOUR knowledge". He is completely absolving himself of guilt. You...
  14. T

Insane...

Dude!! Those things must be HUGE!!! That metal grille is 38 inches!! that must be truly heavy, eh?
  15. T

$3 shipping for an email?!? WTF!

I would disagree with that. To address your point, once the new fee is started, the seller will just put the right price on the item, not jack the freight as there will be no pay off on the freight scam. I recently found a seller on eBay offering an iPhone with a $10 BUY NOW...AND 269 BUX...
  16. T

Go quickly, but go in a big truck!!

I would love to have them! But of course, they are too distant.
  17. T

What the %#*&?

Rapidan: don't leave these gems out: "professionaly recone Greit awesom pic-up PROFESSIAL grill responce refernce" Looks like a Craigslist grad. I've seen those tweets before in some "Acoustic" speaks from Van Nuys, 1970
  18. T

Score of the Year!!!!

I once had a mint pair of 19s.....I really miss them!
  19. T

Maybe I WAS too rude..eBay Moron Rant

After re-reading it I admit I may have come off too condescendingly.. Apparently I handled this poorly. I just wanted to buy his stuff!? Maybe this guy is an AKer? You guys pleae tell me if I just "got it wrong" Anyway, the listing says "DCM 2x12 1000watt sub" and I'm interested. I do the...
  20. T

Morning garage sale scroe!

Eighty BUX!!! hehehehe
  21. T

Stereo Sperkers

Comes with turner
  22. T

"The mids and tweeters are built right in"!

Woulda sold the FIRST DAY if you'd have mentioned the carpet on 'em...
  23. T

Any market for rear projection TVs?

I came back to this thread to post exactly that! Local community center, senior center, Knights of Columbus, Elks, Lions club all of those. Check with the coach at the local high school, he'd probably like to view the game reels on something better than the 19" he has. And he has lots of...
  24. T

"The mids and tweeters are built right in"!

Well ever'body knows it's gots wolfers, man...sheesh
  25. T

Any market for rear projection TVs?

Uhm, No. There is no market for them. Craigslist is chock-full of 'em.
Back
Top Bottom