Search results

1. quiet

California Proposes to Force Manufacturers to Restrict Vehicle Top Speed to 10 MPH Over Limit.

It's not an easy subject question to discuss. So, the state of wherever says it's going to limit capability. Then that begs the question of can they even do that comes up, or some similar question. And my very first question is will it produce fewer accidents. And my first answer is, I don't...
  2. quiet

California Proposes to Force Manufacturers to Restrict Vehicle Top Speed to 10 MPH Over Limit.

That's what we have to work with at this time.
  3. quiet

I've begrudgingly accepted that it's best to leave my hard stubborn head at home when I drive.
  4. quiet

Everything is a muscle car now. Aggressive drivability is standard equipment.
  5. quiet

No reason to expect a kid to have the wisdom and experience of a 60-year-old. Or a 40-year-old, but I wasn't so smart at that age either.
  6. quiet

I see driving as a sport, like football. Exactly like football. I'm the quarterback with the ball and everyone wants to hit me. I've been practicing defensive driving with a program that I call the DENY THEM THE OPPORTUNITY TO HIT ME program for a long time now. Basically, it's works by...
  7. quiet

Most people drive to the speed that they "feel" is comfortable and safe. On boulevards and parkways that speed can be adjusted with long branch trees and curves that "close in" on the driver without actually reducing the runout space available in the event you need to leave the road. This...
  8. quiet

This society operates by assumption. It's assumed we will obey the laws of the land. And that's what happens for the most part. But if you speed, maybe you get a ticket. I see no reason to change the program. If every car on a particular stretch of road is over speeding all the time, then the...
  9. quiet

Realistic Nova 9

I see.
  10. quiet

Let's See Your Miscellaneous Car Photos

Yep, that's him.
  11. quiet

Let's See Your Miscellaneous Car Photos

Is that C.G. from West Springfield High driving that Olds? If so and you were friends with C.G. in 76 or so, then I probably know you. C.G and I worked together in high school, at a bicycle shop in Springfield, when he was still rocking a Honda motorcycle, before the 1970 W30. I drove AMX...
  12. quiet

Early AK posts.........looks like AK has come a long way.

It helps not having stuff all over the place. Long threads, but it saves a lot of searching and still missing the cure.
  13. quiet

Realistic Nova 9

Through the front cloth.
  14. quiet

Realistic Nova 9

Yep.
  15. quiet

What's in your Garage? AK Car Show!

Your 64 Chryslers is a beautiful car with lots of chrome, stainless and body and interior character. They drive amazingly well after the brakes, steering, suspension and ignition are sorted out. I would prefer the 361 two barrel burning 87 regular gas, but my 340 horse 413 does pick them up and...
  16. quiet

Metric or SAE?

My SAE tools are chrome, and my Metric tools are colors. I put them inline together on the racks from smallest to largest. On the wall. The chrome and color stepping makes it very easy to pick the right size first time. Like playing a piano. Clear as mud, right?
  17. quiet

Springsteen drummer says vintage car restorer stole $125K

It can be restored. What's happening here is the seller is going to lose money by the time the job is done "at the stated price" to concours condition and wants to renege on the deal but is in bad financial condition and don't have the money to give back. Basically, the dude don't know stink...
  18. quiet

Should you pre-fill the oil filter with fresh oil?

Warm it up, change the oil. No filter prefills. It's synthetic for me. The big concern is the anti-drain back valve "in" the filter. You have a 3 second pump up every time if that's leaking.
  19. quiet

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E 350 Wagon

The rear air suspension on the mid 90 Cad Deville is for stink, and replacement options start at $300. I put $60 Monroe Magnum air shocks from a 70 Ford LTD on it. Works fine.
  20. quiet

When your SO insists on cutting the grass...

All the commercial mowers (40 mower fleet) I had for a lawn service used bearings on everything. Almost everything went the 3-year tax run without failure. And was worn-out junk by then. Loose as a goose at 5000 hours.
  21. quiet

They don't seem to take very intuitive approach to these mower things.
  22. quiet

I have a cheap 2500-pound Chinese tractor for whacking these 3 acres of weeds. I don't let anyone use it. I think it will bust if it's looked at wrong.
  23. quiet

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E 350 Wagon

It sure would be nice to have a really good condition 300TD wagon. But no, what we got here is a sunburned 96 Buick Roadmaster Wagon with 296k on the clock. Road hard and put up wet. Needs everything now, but it ain't getting nothing but gas, oil, tires and batteries from here till the end. And...
  24. quiet

Get Ready to Smile: Favorite Engine Swaps

The Cadillac motor sits over the wheels, not behind like the Porsche motor. It handles much better. When the 66 Olds Toro 425/TH425 is used in the 66 Porsche 911, the 90-pound weight in the front bumper is removed because it is no longer needed to balance the car. No, The Porsche crowd don't...
Back
Top Bottom