Search results

1. Luvmonterey

Need Advice on Bi-Amping a Musical Fidelity A3

Hi All. I came across an incredible deal on CL for a Musical Fidelity A3 integrated dual mono amplifier, A3 tuner, A3 CD player, and set of B&W 603 series 2 speakers, for so little that I’m embarrassed to even say how much I paid. Needless to say, I’m on a budget and was thrilled with the...
  2. Luvmonterey

Bi-Amping a Musical Fidelity A3?

Hi all. I picked up a Musical Fidelity A3 Dual Mono Integrated Amplifier, along with the matching A3 Tuner, A3 CD Player, and a set of B&W DM 603 S2's on CL the a week ago for $300. All lightly used, from the original owner with all the remotes and accessories. Based upon local pricing, I...
  3. Luvmonterey

Dual 1246: Need Help With Muting Switch

Hi all. After moving my go-to Dual 1246 to test a vintage Pioneer for my daughter, the Dual has developed a "pop" when the tonearm raises at the start and end of an LP. I am always gentle with the table, but figured muting switch contacts were somehow forced out of adjustment. I took it apart...
  4. Luvmonterey

Need Help: Pioneer PL-A45D

Hi all. I just picked up a Pioneer PL-A45D Turntable in great cosmetic condition with an ADC XLM Improved MK II cart from CL for $60. The seller was asking $140 but I pointed out a few issues, was going to pass, and the price dropped significantly, so I decided to risk it. I have experience with...
  5. Luvmonterey

California Audio Labs CL-5 DAC Chip?

I picked up a minty California Audio Labs CL-5 with remote today for $35 on Craigslist. Yes, it's a changer and has no digital out, but it seems to be really well built, sounds decent, and is a step up from my old Sony. For $35 I figured why not? Does anyone know what DAC chip(s) this model has...
  6. Luvmonterey

Need Advice: DVD for Listening; Yes or NO?

Hi all. I need some advice, and hope this thread is in the correct forum. I'm on a budget and tend toward vintage because that's what I can find in local thrifts and afford on Craigslist. I have been looking to upgrade my CD player, as currently 85% of my music is on this medium. At present I'm...
  7. Luvmonterey

Old Vinyl Inner-Sleeves: Keep or Toss?

Hi all. I'm new to vinyl and most of my collection to date is made up of thrift and second hand record store purchases. I have been replacing the old paper inner sleeves with new, but am not sure if I should keep the old ones or toss. The plain unprinted ones are a no brainer, but what about the...
  8. Luvmonterey

Dual 1246 Queing Issue

I replaced a missing steurenpimple yesterday with a temporary made from coax cable until I can get a new one. The tone arm now queues, but on start up, the stylus lands about a mm too far toward the spindle, so the lp is already playing. I read the service manual and tried to make the fine...
  9. Luvmonterey

My Goodwill and Salvation Army System

IMG_1395 by Luvmonterey posted May 19, 2017 at 7:25 PMIMG_1395 by Luvmonterey posted May 19, 2017 at 7:25 My beginner's budget system. Not embarrassed to say it's mostly from Goodwill and Salvation Army. The Dual TT is from Craigslist and I'm into it $25 at this point. The total system was about...
  10. Luvmonterey

Greetings from Monterey, Ca

Hi All. Just a quick hello and introduction. I'm Nathan and am from Monterey, Ca. I'm relatively new to audio and know very little at this point, but am enjoying the process of learning. I have a budget system that I have pieced together from Goodwill, Salvation Army, and Craigslist so far. My...
  11. Luvmonterey

Dual 1246: Fix or not?

I'm new to this site and to vinyl, and looking for some help/advice. I'm on a budget and have been looking at turntables for a while, particularly the UTurn Orbit. I found a 2016 Orbit Custom in new condition with the Ortofon cartridge on CL for $50. The seller also had a Dual 1246 that looked...
Back
Top Bottom