Search results

1. JesusGreen

Where would tonearm wires be causing skating?

Long story short: Debut Carbon has serious skating issues which in a previous thread we narrowed down to likely being due to tonearm wires being pulled tight (I pulled them too much towards the cartridge end). Today I removed the rubber stopper on the arm so that the wires could move freely...
  2. JesusGreen

Records skipping forward at outer lip/lead in groove on Debut Carbon

Edit: I think the issue is related to tight tonearm wires, see my latest post for more info and to see my latest question regarding how to fix it. So I've had the Debut Carbon for a few months now. Bought it second hand, but this issue only popped up recently. The Issue: So basically when I...
  3. JesusGreen

Anyone have any information on the Transonic P85?

It doesn't appear to be on vinylengine and I can't find any confirmed information about it. There's some listing selling it that lists the specs as follows: Direct Drive (Quartz Controlled) Fully Automatic Rumble: -78db Wow & Flutter: 0.025% I'm curious about it. It looks nice. It's not...
  4. JesusGreen

How hard would it be to rewire a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon tonearm? (never rewired a tonearm before)

So I'm not sure whether or not I've posted about it here, but my Debut Carbon has given me endless problems with the cartridge clips needing to be re-soldered, I've only had the thing 2-3 months or so, and I've already had to re-solder the clips several times. I actually managed to damage one of...
  5. JesusGreen

Debut Carbon IGD, sibilance, and arc protractor woes

So I recently got a second hand Debut Carbon with a 2M Red. I noticed a couple of things though, I was experiencing some distortion on certain tracks on certain records - and the 2M also didn't seem to handle mid-range quite as well as I'd hoped. I wasn't sure if the distortion was just an old...
  6. JesusGreen

Cartridge ideas for Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit

So, good news for anyone who saw my latest thread about the Debut Carbon I got and the annoying hum: It's gone. I have no idea why, or what I did that fixed it, but it's gone! I still have one issue though - there appears to be some distortion sometimes on parts of certain records, and it...
  7. JesusGreen

Pro-Ject Debut Carbon - A few questions (re: hum, anti-skate, etc)

Okay some of you may have read my recent troubles with a Miracord 660 vintage turntable I bought - with a stiff tonearm bearing that was causing records to skip. Since I'm not particularly mechanically inclined and would have difficulty rebuilding the mechanism if I took it apart - I decided to...
  8. JesusGreen

Miracord 660 skipping/looping problem

(skip to the bold text at the bottom if you just want to get to my question/issue and don't have time to read!) So I recently got into vinyl, with an Ion TTUSB table that I was given for free. It's not one of the ones that chews up your records, since it does have a working counterweight and so...
  9. JesusGreen

Hey everyone!

Hey everyone. I'm Matt, a British guy living in Poland, who a couple of months ago started getting into audio as a bit of a hobby. I finally replaced the all in one computer speaker system I had with a pair of Dali Zensor 1s, and, since then.. well you know how it goes ;) I've been gradually...
Back
Top Bottom